Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Vexik

A Vexikan intro.

Okay, right. And then I just press this button, right? Right.

I hate introducing myself to new people, even 'net people. I never know how things will be taken, and, well, whatever. Here's the deal, by the numbers:

1. I enjoy roleplaying (the tabletop stuff), movies, miniatures, webcomics, City of Villains, and... uh... drinking coffee. Other things too, I guess, but that seems a good cross-section.

2. I'm from New Jersey, sadly. I can't seem to get out of this place.

3. Is it too arrogant to say I'm my own favorite author? Yes? Hmph. Fine. I like Douglas Adams, Tom Holt, David Morgan-Mar, and Howard Tayler.

4. I like many films, but I'm very fond of (Bram Stoker's) Dracula, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Blackbeard the Pirate.

5. Weddings are not for me. Next slide, please.

6. Music at a funeral? What will they think of next? The wake will need Flogging Molly and the funeral will need a bagpiper.

7. Who hasn't thought about how to die? I'm torn between "nuclear fire" and "atop a pile of bodies with a bloody cutlass."

8. If I must have a tomb, I demand a full-scale Valley of the Kings-style tomb, complete with riches and hidden doorway. And maybe a wandering monster table.

9. My pirate outfit. It is incredibly comfy. To answer the three most common questions: No, it's not a 'butt-pirate costume,' no, it's not a 'Jack Sparrow' costume, and NO it's NOT a 'butt-pirate costume.' I do like my trenchcoat, though, but it has a tale too long for here.

10. How 'little' is little? I guess I miss knowing what I was doing. I never knew how nice it was to have things mapped out.

11. I like lots of music, but I'm not very knowledgeable in that field. Next slide.

12. I have a Master's in Writing. Kids, don't make my mistake! Double-major in business or something! Unemployment is not as cool as I'd been led to believe.

13. I joined because I'm bored and frequently depressed. I saw the link for 'gothic net' and thought 'Hey, why not?'

14. For the record, I am a guy. Glad I could clear that up.

Is that it? And now what? I just press this button, do I?
Vexik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexik
12. I have a Master's in Writing. Kids, don't make my mistake! Double-major in business or something! Unemployment is not as cool as I'd been led to believe.
This is why I am avoiding all the problems associated with conventional jobs and going to a tech college. Tech college jobs are always in demand.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:34 PM   #3
LadyLucretia

Where in Jersey? I grew up in Hudson county.

I planned on going to grad school for English when I first started college, but ended up double majoring in Psych and English and pursuing psych instead. Now I'm working in research. So my English degree mainly gave me a really varied used book collection, and maybe some ok writing skills (though I still can't spell). Anyhow, welcome.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #4
Steppenwolf

wellcome , I guess you are the first pirate aboard , nice to meet you .
I'll ask you again about music (ping!) ...
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM   #5
Vexik

Thank you. I feel welcomed.

I grew up, and still live, in the center of South Jersey. I mean, like, if you bisected NJ and threw a dart at the center of bottom half, it would crush my bedroom. I'm far enough south to think of Princeton as North Jersey, and Jersey City as New York.

As regards music, I like lots of stuff. I enjoy Rammstein, Voltaire, Jimmy Buffett, 80s rock, swing, metal, classical, and, let's see... reggae sometimes? It depends on my mood, and I can be moody.

I half-expected someone to call me out for not being a goth, and I'm really not much of one. I am more piratey, but I enjoy the gloom too. Avast ye mateys; the night, she calls us.

Thanks for the welcome.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:

I grew up, and still live, in the center of South Jersey. I mean, like, if you bisected NJ and threw a dart at the center of bottom half, it would crush my bedroom. I'm far enough south to think of Princeton as North Jersey, and Jersey City as New York.

As regards music, I like lots of stuff. I enjoy Rammstein, Voltaire, Jimmy Buffett, 80s rock, swing, metal, classical, and, let's see... reggae sometimes? It depends on my mood, and I can be moody.

I half-expected someone to call me out for not being a goth, and I'm really not much of one. I am more piratey, but I enjoy the gloom too. Avast ye mateys; the night, she calls us.

Thanks for the welcome.
Haha, welcome fellow New Jerseyian! I'm from south Jersey too, still living there as a matter of fact (I'm seventeen, so I still can't move out).

And I love pirates, too.

As a matter of fact, my ancestor, Lancelot, was a pirate, then he became the Archbishop of York. Yes, no lies, he really went from being a scallywag to a respected clergymen. Hah, what are the odds of that one?

Anyway, welcome again, and may the wind fill your sails ye sea dog, arrr.

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Voltaire is good for people of any and all music tastes.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #8
LadyLucretia

Quote:

LOL, I know some NYers who would shit a brick to hear that you think of JC as "New York." Though I don't get how Jersey gets such a bad rap when Staten Island is 10X worse.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #9
delicti

Welcome to G-net.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:56 AM   #10
Touch of Ink

Location: Pond Path, East Setauket, NY, 11733, US (Come Serial Killers, Come)
Your Introduction was quite impressive. I applaud your skills

NOW YOU MUST DIE! *Ninja Kunai Spray!* FLIGHT OF THE GOLDEN WASPS!
Touch of Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
wonderland

I like you. I'm ridiculously new here, so that doesn't carry any weight at all. But I thought I'd share nonetheless. Let's be friends.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:30 PM   #12
biohazard

Welcome to the boards. We appreciate your use of correct grammar and spelling, unlike other new users.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #13
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Originally Posted by biohazard
Welcome to the boards. We appreciate your use of correct grammar and spelling, unlike other new users.
That made me laugh. LOL.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM   #14
dark_dragon_of_ice

Welcome to the board!!
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #15
TheLaughingCorpse

Hello. Pirates are at the top of my Awesome things list.

*pokes Vexik with a stick...in a welcoming sort of way*
TheLaughingCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #16
Wormboy

Welcome aboard!

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:28 AM   #17
Anarasha

Quote:

Thanks for the welcome.
Ooh don't worry. We won't hate you for not being goth :P
You seem like an intelligent person. You should be a nice addition to our community (:
I bid you welcome, and may you enjoy your stay (:
And yeah, pirates are awesome! :P
Once again, welcome! (:

P.S. Your use of correct spelling and punctation should earn you a lot of love points on here :P +20 from me as it is :P
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 06:19 AM   #18
Touch of Ink

Location: Pond Path, East Setauket, NY, 11733, US (Come Serial Killers, Come)
...Grr... Pirates... *-_-
Touch of Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #19
Vexik

I've never felt so welcomed to a message board. Even the death threats from ninjas are inviting. Especially since, as a pirate, I can defeat any and all ninjas.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:49 PM   #20
WarumonoLady

Join me in a stirring rendition of "Brains" by Voltaire.
WarumonoLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM   #21
Vexik

"Why hello there little boy, don't be shy. Step right up, I'm a reasonable guy. Don't be frightened by the look in my eye-

-I'm just your average evil meteor from outta the sky."