Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #101
Saddiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Hush please.
Contrary to what you may believe, this is a two way street. So, no.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #102
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
Kids are indeed adorable at times xD

I got a whole school class remarking on my hair today =P
"Look! Blue hair"
"Whoa! Awesome!"
Once, when I was at the Natural History Museum with my girlfriend, a little girl suddenly seized my hand, squeezing it tightly as she spread her lips in the most ebullient grin and exclaimed, "You're silly! You're so silly!"
It was all very endearing and heartwarming.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:12 PM   #103
Corpsey

O.o

Awwwwww, less fighting please ladies. As pretty as you both are, baring your claws just completely ruins the image and brings out animosity.

Otherwise we might as well be yelling at each other to get out of town, like this lady did once when I was younger.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 PM   #104
Godslayer Jillian

A guy told me I always look like I'm about to play at a concert. That was flattering, but to be fair, he can't be considered a stranger as he's seen me several times.

On a side note, the bickering about GC's story is fucking stupid. I would have put his finger on my mouth, sucked on it, and pretend to jack off.
Are you really going to justify that fight by saying that 'skin is permeable'?
How come no one said anything with my picture of me sitting with my bare hands touching the ground? I could well have been sitting in dog shit, or in a piece of turf that still contains fecal matter in it.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:26 PM   #105
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
A guy told me I always look like I'm about to play at a concert. That was flattering, but to be fair, he can't be considered a stranger as he's seen me several times.

On a side note, the bickering about GC's story is fucking stupid. I would have put his finger on my mouth, sucked on it, and pretend to jack off.
Are you really going to justify that fight by saying that 'skin is permeable'?
How come no one said anything with my picture of me sitting with my bare hands touching the ground? I could well have been sitting in dog shit, or in a piece of turf that still contains fecal matter in it.
Thank you very much!

Alissa, please just simmer down. If you fight every battle presented to you, you will never get anything done. I mean I do agree with you, but sometimes its better to just let them win the pointless battles.

That being said, I have never really had any experience with people yelling shit at me. Mostly it's because I'm tall and apparently scare people, even though I am quite nice.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:48 AM   #106
Cyntrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic Raven
You dyed your hair blue? Nice. We want photos (or at least I do ).
Heh, if demand is there. If not, then you better get on MSN more =P
Old 10-05-2007, 02:25 AM   #107
CptSternn

I say settle this in a KY wrestling match. I'll bring popcorn.

CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 AM   #108
Saddiction

GC takes everything I say as an attack ever since I commented on her photos looking the same (which they do, or at least did).

Jillian, saying that you'd give the guy's bloody finger a blow job, doesn't make it any less stupid. In fact, it'd make it more stupid. I think most would tend to agree.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:39 AM   #109
Godslayer Jillian

I'm not saying it's less stupid. I'm saying it's not a big deal and I'm more at risk of contracting a disease when I go out and eat a burrito.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #110
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
The risk of contracting a communicable disease from a burrito skyrockets when going to Taco Bell. I wonder how long the waiting time is after eating a Taco Bell burrito untill you are allowed to have a colonoscopy.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #111
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntrox
Heh, if demand is there. If not, then you better get on MSN more =P
I used to have blue hair, and I miss it. Therefore I vote that you post pics.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #112
Miss Cogs

Erm, I've been called so much that I can hardly remeber everything.

I have been called a slut and whore by a bunch of elementry school kids. They will also scream "goth" and just plain scream at me. Alot of people will just honk at me and say something deragatory or they will whistle. Uhm, freak seems to be common.

Oh, I remember that a group of teenagers decided to pull up next to me and yell " Satanist Bitch " and then speed off, which I then fell to the ground laughing because that was all they could think of.

Though I have gotten some compliments from people. Recently, a woman was walking in front of me, but noticed how I was dressed and asked if it was gothic. Yes, she said gothic. She told me that I've never seen someone dressed the way I was and that it was beautiful. Around here, you mostly have people wear metal T-shirts and tripp pants. Or those scene kids. >.>
Miss Cogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #113
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
Contrary to what you may believe, this is a two way street. So, no.
Well then let me get this straight. You told me (or at LEAST implied) that you wanted me to stop posting things on the previous matter that we sort of argued about, then when I mention it again in another thread you comment on it, fueling the fire so to speak. Why would you do that?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #114
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Thank you very much!

Alissa, please just simmer down. If you fight every battle presented to you, you will never get anything done. I mean I do agree with you, but sometimes its better to just let them win the pointless battles.

That being said, I have never really had any experience with people yelling shit at me. Mostly it's because I'm tall and apparently scare people, even though I am quite nice.
Um....I've simmered down about that story a long time ago. When she said "here we go again" she was picking on something else.
So how about don't put ALL the blame for the fighting on me shall we?

Jillian
Exactly. However, I am pretty sure we have a "no blood drinking" policy at our school so....heh.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #115
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizash
Although some of you may not really be true goths you guys rock for standing up for what/who you are.
Quote:
Some of us aren't true goths? SOME OF US DON'T GIVE TO SHITS ABOUT GOTH, so SOME of us aren't goth at all. We STILL are allowed to have style.
Damn labelers.
Ok, BOTH sides of this argument need to stop.

This "true goth" and "rules of goth" nonsense is just that - nonsense. Clearly I believe in basic genre and aesthetic definitions of goth, but I don't believe in the Internet Goth Police dictating who is a "true goth" based on how well they follow the "rules."

But, this whole reactionary "STOP LABELING ME!!!!!!!" crap is just as dumb. If you don't give "to" shits about goth, then why are you on a goth forum? Being preoccupied with labels is stupid. Being preoccupied with other people's preoccupation with labels is also stupid.

And as for the 'rivalry' between GC and, well, a bunch of people - you're all contributing to the behavior you keep criticizing. GC needs to chill out and stop being reactionary, but by reacting to everything she says the rest of you feed into it too.

So, in short, everyone STFU.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:41 PM   #116
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
Ok, BOTH sides of this argument need to stop.

This "true goth" and "rules of goth" nonsense is just that - nonsense. Clearly I believe in basic genre and aesthetic definitions of goth, but I don't believe in the Internet Goth Police dictating who is a "true goth" based on how well they follow the "rules."

But, this whole reactionary "STOP LABELING ME!!!!!!!" crap is just as dumb. If you don't give "to" shits about goth, then why are you on a goth forum? Being preoccupied with labels is stupid. Being preoccupied with other people's preoccupation with labels is also stupid.

And as for the 'rivalry' between GC and, well, a bunch of people - you're all contributing to the behavior you keep criticizing. GC needs to chill out and stop being reactionary, but by reacting to everything she says the rest of you feed into it too.

So, in short, everyone STFU.
I wasn't arguing with this person, I commented. That's a first.
Second of all I'm on a goth forum for the literature and OTHER interests, also because I do happen to like the music, but not the subculture, thanks.
I don't need to chill out, I'm a chill person in general, EVEN if it does not come across.
It's text anyway.
I am not arguing with "a bunch" of people, unless you call two people who have the reputation of being biaches (sorry for the honesty) in the first place. I'm not the only one who argues with them. They asked for it. Period.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:52 PM   #117
LadyLucretia

Quote:
I wasn't arguing with this person, I commented. That's a first.

I don't need to chill out

I'm not the only one who argues with them. They asked for it. Period.
Ok, well if that's your attitude then have fun continuing in these circular discussions. It really isn't my problem, I was just trying to be diplomatic and avoid reading any more silliness, but unfortunately it seems the only way to do that will be via the 'ignore' option. Oh well.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #118
Graveyard.Crow

LOL. The discussion was over, before you brought it up.
Please stop acting like you ACTUALLY care when people fight in a forum.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #119
kimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
I used to have blue hair, and I miss it. Therefore I vote that you post pics.

I miss my blue hair too...it actually looked better on me than my natural haircolor. The minute I move out of my moms house, I'm going out and buying as much blue and purple hairdye as I can afford!
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:42 PM   #120
TopHaggardDoll

I get quite a few compliments actually...it's awesome...

The cutest one ever has to be a little girl that said to her mum..."That lady looks like a princess"....*tear* damn kids. hehe.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:12 AM   #121
Wormboy

Quote:
Um....I've simmered down about that story a long time ago. When she said "here we go again" she was picking on something else.
So how about don't put ALL the blame for the fighting on me shall we?

Jillian
Exactly. However, I am pretty sure we have a "no blood drinking" policy at our school so....heh.
I didn't put all the blame on you, I was just expecting you to be the bigger person is all. But yeah sorry if it sounded like I did <_<

Well I wish you two would get along, and if not, then I second sternn and offer to bring the soda =)

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #122
dark_dragon_of_ice

I want some chocolate ice cream!!
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #123
CptSternn

Chocolate ice cream - good idea!
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #124
Breathless Horror

I've had people ask me if I'm a nazi/in the gestapo. I was wearing my black military-style jacket, with black pants and well polished combat boots. Though I'll admit it does look a little nazi-esque, it still bugs me when people heil me when I walk by.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #125
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
I didn't put all the blame on you, I was just expecting you to be the bigger person is all. But yeah sorry if it sounded like I did <_<

Well I wish you two would get along, and if not, then I second sternn and offer to bring the soda =)
It's all fine and dandy.
*cries* I wish I could bake a cake of happiness and rainbows and we could all eat it, unfortunately I think some are allergic to that stuff, and I'm vegan so I don't eat cake.