Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:26 PM   #1
Lady of Slaughter

Good evening.

Good evening, and pleased to meet you all. My name is Tara, but I have quite a few nicknames, mostly whatever happens to stick with different people. We'll see what you come up with.

Anyway, I'm a goth (shit, really? On THIS site?) located in Southern California, just outside the urban realms of Los Angeles. I'll try to keep this short, so here's a quick rundown.

Likes: Long black hair (check), just long hair in general, combat boots (check), ripped fishnets and all that jazz (check), leather (check), latex (not check, unfortunately), death hawks (not check... Perhaps in the future), excessive jewelry, tons of rings, good music, cats, belly dance, art, writing... The list goes on.

Does Not Like: Shitty music (though that comes down to opinion), posers, ignorance, intolerance, most people (they usually carry one or both of the two previous qualities), and tons of other things.

To wrap it all up, I'm pleased to be here and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Lady of Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Mariner

You should fill out the introduction questions...
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Lady of Slaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
You should fill out the introduction questions...
I was under the impression that those were optional, merely a suggestion to give people an idea as to what they might want to include. I actually answered quite a few of those questions in my post already, just not in Q&A form.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

They are optional. Mariner doesn't know what s/he's talking about.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #5
Lady of Slaughter

Ah, good, glad to know I didn't break some taboo here. I seem to have a knack for that. XD
Old 03-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
Underwater Ophelia

Eh. You're fine.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Eh. You're fine.
Generally everyone does fill them out. Oh, and I'm a she Ophelia.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Generally everyone does fill them out. Oh, and I'm a she Ophelia.
I realize people often fill it out. That's because people often can't think for themselves.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #9
Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Slaughter View Post
I was under the impression that those were optional, merely a suggestion to give people an idea as to what they might want to include. I actually answered quite a few of those questions in my post already, just not in Q&A form.
You gave no favorite author, film, or band. You mostly gave a long list of fashion items.

Well anyway, this is all very petty. Welcome.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
Lady of Slaughter

Quote:
You gave no favorite author, film, or band. You mostly gave a long list of fashion items.

Well anyway, this is all very petty. Welcome.
I answered where I am from, and gave a synopsis of my hobbies, interests, etc, both of which are included in the template. I don't have a favorite author or band or film, because I like too many, and listing everything here would be a waste of everyone's time. I can ramble about those things in other threads, and I'm sure I will at some point.

Anyway, thank you for the welcome, and I'm pleased to meet you.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too.

What IS it with goth fashion? For real, most of you look fuckin' stupid.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

Jesus Christ. If you want to know her favorite author, ASK HER.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #13
Apathy's_Child

I don't, I was merely agreeing with Mariner's point in asking for the questions to be answered because this gave purely superficial information pertaining to any interests besides fashion. And taking a cheap shot at goth fashion in general.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #14
Lady of Slaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
I don't, I was merely agreeing with Mariner's point in asking for the questions to be answered because this gave purely superficial information pertaining to any interests besides fashion. And taking a cheap shot at goth fashion in general.
Sorry I tried to save you time by not posting the biography of my life here. I tried to make it simple and short, and, to be honest, superficial, because an introduction is not supposed to contain the entire discourse of the novel. I'm giving you a general outline. As you said, you don't care about my favorite author, and I figured most wouldn't, which is another reason why I didn't list one. There are other forums in which I can share my opinions on such things.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
Mariner

Quote:
Sorry I tried to save you time by not posting the biography of my life here. I tried to make it simple and short, and, to be honest, superficial, because an introduction is not supposed to contain the entire discourse of the novel. I'm giving you a general outline. As you said, you don't care about my favorite author, and I figured most wouldn't, which is another reason why I didn't list one. There are other forums in which I can share my opinions on such things.
I would rather hear about your favorite author than the fashion drivel. A life story is not needed no, but this was hardly a general outline in my own opinion.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #16
Lady of Slaughter

Quote:
I would rather hear about your favorite author than the fashion drivel. A life story is not needed no, but this was hardly a general outline in my own opinion.
As I said, I have no favorite author, there are simply too many I enjoy. If you like I can post you a list of some of my top choices.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:12 PM   #17
Mariner

Quote:
As I said, I have no favorite author, there are simply too many I enjoy. If you like I can post you a list of some of my top choices.
Alright, what are your top choices?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #18
Lady of Slaughter

Poe, Michael Crighton, Robin Cook, Richard Preston, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, Ellen Hopkins, among others.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #19
Mariner

Quote:
Poe, Michael Crighton, Robin Cook, Richard Preston, Anne Rice, Stephen King, Leopold von Sacher-Masoch, Ellen Hopkins, among others.
Thank you for the list, mostly new authors I see. The Hot Zone by Richard Preston was a good read, and so was The Stand by Stephen King.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #20
Lady of Slaughter

I wouldn't call Crighton or King "new", they've been around the block I suppose, though definitely not as old as Sacher-Masoch or Poe. And yes, The Hot Zone is by far one of my favorite books. I have always loved science, and I read The Hot Zone in sixth grade, which is what pushed me towards virology. Since sixth grade I've wanted to pursue a degree in virology, hopefully in Ebola, and work in the pure research field. Ebola and Yersinia pestis, two faves, despite Y. pestis not being a virus. XD It's infectious, it counts dammit!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #21
Mariner

Quote:
I wouldn't call Crighton or King "new", they've been around the block I suppose, though definitely not as old as Sacher-Masoch or Poe. And yes, The Hot Zone is by far one of my favorite books. I have always loved science, and I read The Hot Zone in sixth grade, which is what pushed me towards virology. Since sixth grade I've wanted to pursue a degree in virology, hopefully in Ebola, and work in the pure research field. Ebola and Yersinia pestis, two faves, despite Y. pestis not being a virus. XD It's infectious, it counts dammit!
I call them new because when it comes to my favorite authors I stick to the classics. When compared to Mary Shelley, Stephen King is "new".
Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #22
Lady of Slaughter

Hehe, yes, in relation to Mary Shelley they would indeed be new authors.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
Saya

Quote:
Erm, I think you mean "Michael Crichton", not Crighton.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #24
Lady of Slaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Erm, I think you mean "Michael Crichton", not Crighton.
Ehhhhhhhh yes I do, thank you for correcting me. I've always had trouble with his name, and sat there trying to remember whether it was "ch" or "gh", and I decided on "gh". XD I guessed wrong.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #25
Apathy's_Child

............ Sometimes, it's best not to ask.