Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #151
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
They're not saying what's best for you. They're thinking what's best for them, and your idea of what's best for you limits what's best for them.
As individuals they have a reason not to help your indulgence, but you believe that their lack of help is actually a form of oppression, because you have stopped looking at them like individuals, and you think of them as a collective that's trying to make you conform. This is simply not true.
Well, if beating the fuck out of kittens for shits and giggles is the same as eating meat, then label me as a psychopath.

Tell me, Jillian. How does an omnivore collective coexist with a vegan collective? The vegan collective will be neighbors to murderers apparently. Let's say that the vegan collective does everything in its power to keep the omnivore collective from gathering food from animals because the vegans felt it best to protect the animals from those evil, murderous omnivores.

I see conflict over the horizon and it's quite silly. An anarchist conflict because one collective doesn't want another one to hurt the animals and the other one is just trying to get nutrition.

In essence, on a personal note, I'm going to continue being an omnivore because it's what I am biologically and honestly, I LIKE the taste of meat. Hypotheticals aside, I'm never going to be a vegetarian and that's just something my fellow anarchists are going to have to deal with. Seriously, if being a vegan is anarchist, then call me a murderous statist. The best you can ever hope from me is being an advocate for humane treatment of our food sources.

Also, no it's NOT limiting what's best for them. They don't like it, then they don't have to eat it. There WILL be those that'll have a demand for tasty fried chicken.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #152
PortraitOfSanity

Not all Anarchists are vegetarians...

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #153
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
I see conflict over the horizon and it's quite silly.
Could it be that you find it silly because it's silly?
Your reductio ad absurdum can be countered perfectly with this:
Do you see that happening with vegans and omnivores right now?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #154
KontanKarite

We can only hope, Portrait.

Long live humanely treated steaks.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #155
KontanKarite

Quote:
Could it be that you find it silly because it's silly?
Your reductio ad absurdum can be countered perfectly with this:
Do you see that happening with vegans and omnivores right now?

No, I don't. I think what I'm getting at is the implication that because people eat meat, they're just as likely to beat the shit out of a cat for the lulz.

Some actions, though similar in execution, are fucking stupid comparisons.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #156
Godslayer Jillian

Did I ever compare them? Didn't I even told JCC he's wrong?
However you're talking about another society and the reasons meat should or should not be accepted. If there can be nutrition, and it doesn't demand the systematic slaughter of animals, then that diet is nothing but a whim. I never compared it to Uni beating up a cat, don't put words in my mouth.
Want a comparison for this?
Imagine someone wasting space that could be used to feed others because he wants tobacco, and complaining that the others don't like his decision therefore 'oppressing him'

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:44 PM   #157
Saya

Quote:
No, I don't. I think what I'm getting at is the implication that because people eat meat, they're just as likely to beat the shit out of a cat for the lulz.

Some actions, though similar in execution, are fucking stupid comparisons.

That wasn't the implication at all. The point was that most people have a double standard. People think hitting a cat on a head is terrible, but if told that their chicken had its beak sawn off so that it wouldn't peck at other chickens or their cows were branded on the face, they say "What a shame" before biting into their steak.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #158
KontanKarite

Quote:
Did I ever compare them? Didn't I even told JCC he's wrong?
However you're talking about another society and the reasons meat should or should not be accepted. If there can be nutrition, and it doesn't demand the systematic slaughter of animals, then that diet is nothing but a whim. I never compared it to Uni beating up a cat, don't put words in my mouth.
Want a comparison for this?
Imagine someone wasting space that could be used to feed others because he wants tobacco, and complaining that the others don't like his decision therefore 'oppressing him'

Sorry, dude. You just kinda got caught up in the crosswinds. It happens.

The guy who wants tobacco could as easily grow that shit in a hydroponic thing.

Saya, JCC did make that comparison, even if it was simply marginal at best.

There's plenty of meat eaters out there that demand more humane treatment of the animals.

I mean come on. If an animal is about to be turned into food, it may as well be treated like bloody royalty in my opinion.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:48 AM   #159
girasol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix 00
I know what you guys mean about the cat, and Saya and JCC, I agree with you. People seem sickened by my actions, but it happens all the time with the food we eat and the clothes we wear. And don't try to say I was dehumanising the cat, one would think that wearing the skinned hide of an animal is to strip away its dignity.
...you can't dehumanize a cat -_-
girasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #160
JustAprettyMask

From the looks of it Uni I think you dug yourself a hole to deep to climb out of......I recommend that you should just stop typing....
JustAprettyMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #161
JCC

Quote:
Then set the animals free then... Henceforth, let it be known that animals should be set free outright and released back into the wild. I'm sure the murderous predators in the wild will love us for that.

Let's face it, if we want to embrace animal rights, we're going to have to go all the way and stop even having zoos and pets because it's potentially against their will to be pets and locked up.

God speed to the Pandas. o_0
You're absolutely right.

Quote:
Remember, everyone. In an anarchist society, the life of a tuna is the same as your child. If your child kills a bumble bee, that child deserves to die.
I don't support the death penalty. You are right though, murder sucks no matter how small the victim is.

Quote:
Jillian, as much as I abhor the idea of one person or even a small handful of elites owning my life to even an iota of a degree, I also abhor the idea of having to fall in line with the popular public opinion.
How else do you want to run a society? If you don't like a vegan community, go to a non-vegan one rather than pissing and moaning that they won't change their ways for you. Would you storm into a family's home and tell them that you don't like their furniture, they have to go out and buy more furniture so that you can approve of it?

Quote:
That's what started you off? Misunderstanding what I was trying to say, and then saying that I am wrong for saying it? I wasn't likening Uni's actions to that of a meat-eater, I was saying that such actions are rife in meat production; my point was about the apathy or ignorance of being a meat consumer despite being opposed to the maltreatment of animals, not about the sadism of being a meat consumer.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:01 AM   #162
All Shall Be Judged

Friends,

The eating of meat is natural and morally justifiable. Farming, on the other hand, is warped and unnatural. It logically follows that the only meat which can reasonably be eaten is that which one has choked / shot / stoned (my personal favourite) the life from oneself after it has lived out its natural lifespan in a lovely green forest.

I now consider the matter closed, and shall frown upon further arguments on this subject.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #163
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged
Friends,

The eating of meat is natural and morally justifiable.
Bloody hell, it is irrefutable! I completely revoke all of my prior viewpoints and fall completely in line with this argument!
Old 12-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #164
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Bloody hell, it is irrefutable! I completely revoke all of my prior viewpoints and fall completely in line with this argument!
Heed this person, for he or she speaks the truth.

To be gifted with the ability to accurately recognise greatness is a gift beyond rubies and other shiny things. Use it well.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:48 PM   #165
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

How else do you want to run a society? If you don't like a vegan community, go to a non-vegan one rather than pissing and moaning that they won't change their ways for you. Would you storm into a family's home and tell them that you don't like their furniture, they have to go out and buy more furniture so that you can approve of it?

Um. You live in a society you don't agree with but you constantly piss and moan.
YOU find a new society.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:53 PM   #166
JCC

You don't think that if there was an anarchist society I'd plan to move there?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #167
All Shall Be Judged

A gentle reminder

Quote:
I now consider the matter closed, and shall frown upon further arguments on this subject.
Peace is within our grasp, but we must seize it for ourselves.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #168
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
The eating of meat is natural and morally justifiable.
Only as much as theft.
Need supersedes ethics, but if needs can be met, eating meat is unnecessary and whimsical.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-28-2008, 02:06 PM   #169
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
You don't think that if there was an anarchist society I'd plan to move there?
I don't know.
Your point was not to bitch if you're living in a society and you don't agree with the majority.
So stop bitching.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #170
Solumina

Quote:
Only as much as theft.
Need supersedes ethics, but if needs can be met, eating meat is unnecessary and whimsical.
Not really, humans are omnivores, meat is meant to be a part of our diets. Different people and different ethnic groups have differing dietary needs and have differing abilities to meet those needs without meat, for some people going without meat is simply not an option.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #171
viscus

Meat consumption is fine, so long as one takes responsibility the meat's origin and the sustainability of the system that produces it. Currently as a society we really don't, people consume far more meat than they need and the meat industry is horribly destructive and polluting.

I watched a quite interesting talk about this sort of thing recently. I think the speaker, Mark Bittman, overly romances food in the late 19th/early 20th century, but it was still very informative.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:04 AM   #172
Vivi

Watch and learn from mother nature. Another animal is harmed only to acheive a goal such as gain dominance, for food, or to protect peers/territory. You dont see animals beating each other to get a laugh out of it.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #173
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivi
Watch and learn from mother nature. Another animal is harmed only to acheive a goal such as gain dominance, for food, or to protect peers/territory. You dont see animals beating each other to get a laugh out of it.
Sure you do.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #174
chelseagirl

I have come to the conclusion that either:

A. Your Gothic.net account is a joke, and everything you type is a joke just to fuck with us; or

B. You really do have mental problems and should seek counseling and/or medication.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:51 AM   #175
Alarica

or infact both
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote