Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #51
Xombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
Haha. So, Mitsy, your first explanation is that you were typing it, had your mouse on the "post" button, and somehow knew to refresh the thread to see that, oh my god, somebody had posted what you were just typing! Your second explanation is that you read it and noticed a few posts down the page the same response that you were going to give and thought "I was going to say that" before you started typing it at all.

CONTRADICTION CONTRADICTION CONTRADICTION.

P.S. I have no idea what this argument is about. I only read that MitsyMayhem provided two fairly different explanations as to why she said "you beat me to it," or whatever these shennanigans are about.
P.S.S. Please disregard, I have no fucking idea what I'm talking about.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:30 PM   #52
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie
Haha. So, Mitsy, your first explanation is that you were typing it, had your mouse on the "post" button, and somehow knew to refresh the thread to see that, oh my god, somebody had posted what you were just typing! Your second explanation is that you read it and noticed a few posts down the page the same response that you were going to give and said "you beat me to it" before you started typing it at all.

CONTRADICTION CONTRADICTION CONTRADICTION.

P.S. I have no idea what this argument is about. I only read that MitsyMayhem provided two fairly different explanations as to why she said "you beat me to it," or whatever these shennanigans are about.
Where the HELL did you pull that from? The whole time I meant number two:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
Another one that pisses me off is "damn you stole my answer!", frequently said when someone makes a LOL-funny retort, or just says something cool.

Translation: you took the thought I lacked the eloquence to make a sentence of, and summed it up, so instead of just agreeing with what was said I'm gonna pretend I was JUST about to hit the post button when you slipped in there and beat me to it. I'm really not dumber than you, just a slightly slower typist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
B was a response to this: I was JUST about to hit the post button when you slipped in there and beat me to it. I'm really not dumber than you, just a slightly slower typist.
I have not even used the word post button, except to repeat what APATHY said and right at this moment. And when I said B, I meant scenario B that I had provided in my first response to Apathy's post.

Quote:
B) I was reading the thread, had the thought and realized "Hey, someone already said what I was thinking."
I never contradicted shit.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #53
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
I never contradicted shit.
That's because a piece of excrement would kick your ass in a debate, thereby negating your ability to contradict it in any rational manner.

Not that that usually stops you from trying.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 10:02 AM   #54
Underwater Ophelia

Dude, this happens to me sometimes, and it's not a big deal.
I'll be reading through a thread, thinking of a funny response.
OH HEY, I'VE GOT ONE.

Damn, JCC already said it, or something too similar to allow me to post my funny response.

So I say, "Aw, JCC, you stole my answer," or "JCC, that's just what I was thinking" so peeps know I'm on the same page.

The whole point of my funny response was not only to show everyone how amusing I am, but to share my opinion on the poster or subject. Why would I not do that just because someone else shared a brain wave with me, and why not just say that I was thinking the same thing?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #55
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child
So agree with them, instead of implying they're thieving from your own reserves of genius.

I get what you're saying, and back when it was only said very occasionally I barely noticed. However, lately, it's been almost as popular as "quoted for truth", and seems to be becoming a stock answer for the unimaginative.
"That's just what I was thinking" isn't what I'm talking about.

But "you stole my answer" is a peeve of mine, especially when said by someone so dumb you just know they couldn't have come up with the post they're claiming someone else liberated from their mind if their life depended on it, and particularly when you read it three times in one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
why not just say that I was thinking the same thing?
Why not indeed. Exactly my point.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:11 AM   #56
raggedyanne

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

You know it's the internet when you can argue about arguing, and do it with proper spelling
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:41 PM   #57
schoolsucksletsanarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Why are people suddenly getting defensive about this when they're quick to criticise things of the same meniality?
good point, I bet each and every one of you have some pet peeve about peoples' posts
schoolsucksletsanarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #58
SKULHEDFACE

I have a deep background in online text-based roleplay so I am very familiar with seeing the ** representing an action.. and I still get annoyed seeing so much of this crap outside of an RP environment. I have to agree that reading post after post of single word emotes does get to me after awhile. Particularly when they are as you mentioned and involve stupid shit like handing out cookies. I'm also developing a strong distaste for *hugs* *pats* and *glomps*

And like the guy above me said..we all have pet peeves and shit that annoys us. That's why we have a whining section here on the forums is it not? Then again I suppose that also entitles you to your whining about others whining.
SKULHEDFACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #59
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
But see. THAT'S why it's so stupid.
You are NOT passing around cookies.
You are NOT hosting a party.
You are NOT playing guitar on a tree stump in the middle of a wood.
You're probably talking about things like *facepalm* as BTS said above.
I'm talking about the stupid pretend-actions involving others in here, going so far into looking like roleplay that the only thing it's missing is someone saying "hai everybody lets cyber!"
Good GOD Jillian, you are such a wet blanket sometimes.

*totally wails on a guitar while passing out cookies at a party I hosted. A party dedicated to cybersex*
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:26 AM   #60
Duane

Bad Despanan, bad!
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #61
Despanan

*Whines pitifully*

Please don't hit me with that newspaper.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #62
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULHEDFACE
I have a deep background in online text-based roleplay
I found out a family member has cancer, but the above is definitely the saddest thing I've heard all month.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #63
littlemoonfox

Quote:
I found out a family member has cancer, but the above is definitely the saddest thing I've heard all month.
Why? Role play is fun.
littlemoonfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:36 PM   #64
Despanan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKULHEDFACE
I have a deep background in online text-based roleplay
ROFLMAO!

Oh my god that's good. I'm laughing so hard at this point I can barely type.