Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 04-04-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
Lolly PopMuzik

Girl pimps out her own 7 year old stepsister as a partyfavor

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...worpAD9EPUI781
Quote:

Police: NJ teen sold stepsister, 7, for party sex

By BETH DeFALCO and AARON MORRISON (AP) – 3 days ago

TRENTON, N.J. — It started with a party invitation to a 15-year-old girl from some men she knew. She took her 7-year-old stepsister to an apartment down the street from their home near the Statehouse, where the girls had been hanging around outside on a Sunday afternoon.

For the younger girl, police say it quickly descended into a horrifying ordeal in which she was gang-***** by as many as seven men as her sister not only watched but got paid by those who did it.

Their parents, none the wiser, thought maybe they had run away.

"We're talking about a kid who told her sister to go into an apartment and let people **** her," said Trenton police Capt. Joseph Juniak. "It's unfathomable."

The teen has been charged with aggravated sexual assault, promoting prostitution and other crimes. Her name was not released because of her age, but the county prosecutor plans to ask the court to try her as an adult. In the meantime, she is being held at the Mercer County Youth Detention Center.

The 7-year-old had wanted to tag along because she was worried about the 15-year-old's safety, Mayor Doug Palmer said.

When the girls didn't return home by 4:30 Sunday afternoon, their parents called police, believing the older one had run away from home and taken her younger sister with her.

In fact, they were down the street inside a 13th-floor apartment at Rowan Towers, a high-rise complex so dangerous that police are hired as security guards at night.

"They keep it clean on the outside, but it's what's on the inside that you have to worry about," said neighbor William Johnson, who says police are coming out of the building all the time.

Inside apartment 13-C, police said, the 7-year-old was soon left alone as her sister headed to a back bedroom to sell sex to several men. When she came out into the living room, she handed her 7-year-old sister money and encouraged her to let the men touch her.

"It went from touching to straight out assault and ****," Juniak said. "They threatened to kill her if she screamed or told anyone."

Afterward, the child put on her clothes and left. Her sister stayed behind with the men.

Two women found the child crying outside the apartment and walked her home, where police were waiting.

The child told them what happened and was treated at a hospital. When police located the 15-year-old later that night, she also told them what happened and was arrested.

Palmer said the crimes are among the worst he's seen in 20 years as mayor.

"It's sickening," he said. "The police are taking this personal. I know there's a place in hell for all the people that participated in this and I'm sure they will get there."

"Personally, as a father with a 7-year-old daughter, I can't imagine the horror," Palmer added.

Lauren Kidd, a spokeswoman for New Jersey's Children and Families department, said state and federal confidentiality laws prohibit the agency from commenting about possible prior involvement with the family. But Juniak indicated the department may have had previous contact with the older girl.

Police are now scouring video surveillance from lobby and elevator cameras to try to identify everyone at the party. They believe there were about a dozen people in the apartment, mostly teenage boys and men who police say likely broke in — a fairly common occurrence in the crime-plagued neighborhood that sits in the shadow of the Statehouse's golden dome.

Last week, police responded to a home invasion there and a shooting just outside the lobby.

Police Director Irving Bradley Jr. said the building's management company, Interstate Realty Management Co., has been working with police to curb the violence.

"This is incredibly disturbing," said Laura Zaner, a spokeswoman for IRM.

Two private security guards man the lobby doors during the day. At 5 p.m., two police officers take over.

Bradley said the company is installing more cameras and had just hired a third officer to work the night shift to allow two officers to do hourly hallway patrols. He said Sunday may have been the first day they were supposed to have started the patrols.

Chalia Johnkins, who lives around the corner from the Towers, said gatherings of men are commonplace and police should have known something unsavory was happening.

"The police who were supposed to be on patrol should be held responsible," she said. "They could have prevented this. These weren't regular guards. They were police and they still didn't see the baby crying?"

Annette Lartique, the city councilwoman who represents the area where the crime occurred, said the community would expect nothing less than the prosecution of everyone involved to the fullest extent of the law.

"I know we are going to send a message on this one," she said. "Everybody will pay a price — from the person who opened the door to the person who pushed the elevator button."

Associated Press writer Angela Delli Santi contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Update: Those arrested included Gregory Leary, 20, in custody since Friday, when he was charged with having sex with the 15-year-old.

The other four were Timear Lewis, 19, and boys aged 13, 14 and 17. Each was charged with aggravated sexual assault and child endangerment.

Before the arrest announcement, the 15-year-old girl had been charged with promoting prostitution, aggravated sexual assault and other crimes. She remains in youth custody.

Along with the left out tidbit from the 15 year old telling her not to scream or they'd kill her, I need Jesus to take the wheel because I can't even with this shit.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
Saya

Holy shit, thats disgusting. I couldn't even read the full article.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #3
Despanan

Horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
Kalitrima

I can't even imagine that happening. . . That's a whole new level of twisted. I
just. . . urgh. That's sick. How could. . . why could. . . urk. My opinion of the human race in general just sank a little. There are amazing people, good people, yes. But. . . christ. The fact that people like her can even be out there in society makes me feel sick.
Kalitrima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Corpsey

Police will be going hell for leather for this sort of thing, I just hope that if there are prosecutions that they go smoothly.

This is way too brutal to comprehend.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
JCC

Fuck, that's enterprising.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
Still Jack

This is the reason why the thing I'm most afraid of is other people.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
Lady of Slaughter

And people wonder why I'm misanthropic.
Lady of Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Slaughter View Post
I thought you were misanthropic because misanthropy is trendy in the broody counter-cultural way.
Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #10
gothicusmaximus

"That's what you get when you overwrite my Zelda file!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Slaughter View Post
They probably don't really wonder why you're misanthropic so much as wish you would stop talking about it in a vain bid to gain their attention.

EDIT: JCC, we're soulmates.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #11
Lady of Slaughter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I thought you were misanthropic because misanthropy is trendy in the broody counter-cultural way.
Oh yes, that too of course.
Lady of Slaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
Tam Li Hua

Oh God...

Fuck yeah, she and the guys involved should be tried as adults! My god, what could possibly possess someone to do something like that to a child??
Old 04-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #13
Alan

More than that, how does the mere idea even pop up?
Seriously. A fifteen-year old basically kidnaps her seven-year old sister to take her to a notoriously dangerous apartment complex to prostitute her to numerous people. What the fuck kind of situation could bring up such a fucked up idea?!
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
Saya

I would imagine the men put the idea in the older sister's head, or she had been in a similar situation before. I doubt they'll release that information any time soon though.

I'm not sure if its all states or if its just certain ones, but I know in America a child prostitute even if they are forced into it can be charged themselves for prostitution and often are, I was holding my breath while reading the article.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #15
HavelockV

What that depraved girl made her younger sister do is beyond vile, and I sincerely hope that every person involved is penalized to the full extent of the law; and beyond.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:15 PM   #16
Luv2H8

...Jesus Christ...
That is seriously fucked up...
Luv2H8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 AM   #17
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
More than that, how does the mere idea even pop up?
Seriously. A fifteen-year old basically kidnaps her seven-year old sister to take her to a notoriously dangerous apartment complex to prostitute her to numerous people. What the fuck kind of situation could bring up such a fucked up idea?!
"Shit, those shoes are the bomb! $800? Hmm..."
Old 04-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #18
Ben Lahnger

1) The 15 year old might be a self-centered sociopath of unimaginable proportions. The fact that she handed her little sister some money makes me question to what degree that might be true. She could also be incredibly damaged herself. One of the most tragic repeating stories I've seen time and again is of the abused contributing to the abuse of others. I used to be quick to judge, but after seeing the cycle perpetuate over and over I now struggle to find some understanding. The one thing I'm sure of is that we don't know all the facts about the 15 year old yet, and I think when the reveal comes it's going to be even more horrifying (unless New Jersey's Children and Families department's privacy rules prevent the info from ever coming out.)

She needs to be held responsible, but the full circumstances of her background need to be taken into account. And I'm not sure I'll ever be able to understand her actions.

2) After reading a few paragraphs I knew there would be someone who would try to point the finger at the cops for letting this happen. That's just shifting blame from focusing on the perpetrators of this abomination.

3) I hope that each of the men who were involved are held responsible to the full extent that the law for adults allows.

4) I hope the 7 year old girl gets all the help she most certainly needs, and if there's any question as to whether she lives in a safe home, I hope that is addressed as well.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote