Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #1
crucifix

I took the plunge....

....after years of dyeing my hair all shorts of weird colors, flaming copper red, grey, white, dark-violet-almost-black, 'chocolate cherry' (whatever the hell that was), and so so so many more, I finally dyed it black tonight. Honestly, this is the first time I have ever felt like a color looked like me. I am a pleased boy right now.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:26 AM   #2
dabbadmc

Glad to hear it Got any pictures?
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
NightmareInShiningArmour

You mean you haven't dyed your hair black before? 0.o
Old 09-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
LittleStrangeling

I hadn't dyed my hair black until Jacon, I want to do something to add to it, like something amazingly bright and colorful, but I can't because of ROTC. I have to dye it 'natural' colors. At least it looks good on me.
Pictures would be nice.
LittleStrangeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
strange_pleasure

ha chocolate cherry, I used to dye my hiar that color all the time!
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #6
VXTip

everytime i try other colors i always end up with shitty results and come crawling back to black, and i love it every time, freshly dyed black is just so good
VXTip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
crucifix

can I use a demi permanent to touch up since my hair is fried from all of the permanent dyings? My one coworker (the only other gothy one at work) dyes her hair black with a demi, Clairol natural instincts. She says it never fades out because it is about 12 shades darker than her natural hair, like mine is too. I am just tired of my hair being so overprocessed and dead and dry and snapping off whenever I touch it.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXTip
everytime i try other colors i always end up with shitty results and come crawling back to black, and i love it every time, freshly dyed black is just so good
seriuosly, this is the first color that I have done that came out just the way it looked on the box and it was so damn shiny. I have never had a hair color be so shiny for so long before. I am so happy I went black.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:04 AM   #9
crucifix

Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_pleasure
ha chocolate cherry, I used to dye my hiar that color all the time!
I am still not sure what color that turned out on me. Inside it looked black brown, outside i looked red, under the lights at work it looked burgundy.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
Slap Your Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
seriuosly, this is the first color that I have done that came out just the way it looked on the box and it was so damn shiny. I have never had a hair color be so shiny for so long before. I am so happy I went black.
I agree completely.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #11
strange_pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
I am still not sure what color that turned out on me. Inside it looked black brown, outside i looked red, under the lights at work it looked burgundy.
Me too! That's why I liked it, it was different, but so outrageous that I looked inappropriate at work.

I recent went back to black after a year as a ginger. Though I do look better as a redhead as far as eye color and skin tone, it bring out the redness in my face and I hate that. At least black makes me look a bit paler.
strange_pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #12
drewsilla

Welcome to the dark side!! Black hair is the best, and I speak from experience.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 AM   #13
crucifix

Well, it has been a little over a week since I dyed it, and it looks like I have a month's worth of roots already. I guess it is because where my natural hair color is strawberry blond and I have always done dark reds, my hair just kinda blended a little with my roots. But now it is like BOOM! big root line, straight ahead. Ugh.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
DeathToLems

I was thinking about going black. I'm still not sure yet though. Going black seems so final. I'm not sure how long it will last and if i could ever go back to another color e.g red.
oh and the roots thing....yea that too. It's bad enough getting them now with dark red hair, how the hell am i meant to handle it with black hair. Although I did just recently buy a hat for them bad hair days such as out grown roots.
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #15
zombiewhore

Congragulations!
I would love to have black hair, but it would be too much work. See, I have blond eyebrows, and I darken them to a nice medium brown everyday, but I can still go out without doing that if I have too. If I had black hair though, I would have to darken them all the time.
Besides so many damn kids at my school have blck hair, I think I'll stick with my nearly white hair.
zombiewhore is offline   Reply With Quote