Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
Elizabetha

Hello

I know we're not supposed to make new threads with the same basic idea as another but the introduction thread is down and that's what I wish to do. I wish to introduce myself. I am 18, I have been goth for 10 years. I have a son who is 5 months old as of right now. I wish to be an English teacher some day. I am alone in the country where I live. No other goths live near me or go to my school, I am like the metaphorical needle in the haystack. I don't like to talk much but if you talk about something I liike, or am very opinionated on, I will definitely talk back.Thank you for your time.
Elizabetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #2
Grausamkeit

What the bloody fucking hell?

No eighteen year olde has been goth since they were eight! Bull-fucking-shit.

Piss off.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Please forgive my rude mannered friend but she is right about one thing, chances are you don't actually know what Goth is.

Also your profile says you're from Indianapolis, which indicates you either had a typo or have no idea what the difference between a COUNTY and a COUNTRY is.

Please allow us to educate you.

Also each person is supposed to make their own introduction thread, you're not all supposed to use the same thread, so you've done nothing wrong there.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Grausamkeit

How dare you presume to make excuses for me?

Old 11-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
How dare you presume to make excuses for me?
Sorry, I just thought I found a rather interesting weakness to exploit in her post. Rather than going in directly for a stab, I thought it more prudent to toy with my prey. You can join me if you'd like.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 AM   #6
CuckooTuli

Renatus, seriously, why do you have such a hard-on for assuming no one knows what 'goth' is until you sweep in to educate them like Al Gore in that one episode of South Park? While this poster isn't exactly the most compelling of newbies based on the very little info she's given about herself, there's really nothing to suggest she's gone off half-cocked when forming her idea of what goth actually means. It's not like she's provided a list of non-goth bands before claiming to be one.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Renatus, seriously, why do you have such a hard-on for assuming no one knows what 'goth' is until you sweep in to educate them like Al Gore in that one episode of South Park? While this poster isn't exactly the most compelling of newbies based on the very little info she's given about herself, there's really nothing to suggest she's gone off half-cocked when forming her idea of what goth actually means. It's not like she's provided a list of non-goth bands before claiming to be one.
Actually I was focused more on the fact that she is 18, had a child, and wants to be a teacher. The other stuff is more of a habbit really. I seem to have managed to irritate everyone in this thread

Old 11-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
Elizabetha

Actually I do know what goth is. My whole family is and always has been a gothic one. I was precisely 8 years old when i realized I preferred gothicness to happy bull shitness. Sorry if that is not a word but it was how I felt. I have always had a rather dark outlook on life, and I am greatful for the one person on here who did not decide to try to attack me on my first post. Thank you. If you have more to say I would be glad to respond to more of your bullshit about assuming im full of shit!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #9
Elizabetha

[quote=Renatus;684580]Actually I was focused more on the fact that she is 18, had a child, and wants to be a teacher.[/QUOT]

May I ask what is wrong with that?? At least I am not like most younger mothers who quit on life and education. I will persist through this screwed up life of mine and come out on top. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
Elizabetha

P.S.
Gothic= Of or relating to an architectural style prevalent in western Europe from the 12th through the 15th century and characterized by pointed arches, rib vaulting, and a developing emphasis on verticality and the impression of height.
b. Of or relating to an architectural style derived from medieval Gothic.
4. Of or relating to painting, sculpture, or other art forms prevalent in northern Europe from the 12th through the 15th century.
5. often gothic Of or relating to a style of fiction that emphasizes the grotesque, mysterious, and desolate.
6. gothic Barbarous; crude.

I know what goth is.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
Renatus

I have yet to hear you actually say what the goth subculture is.

*gives out cookies to everyone*

Old 11-11-2011, 06:22 AM   #12
Elizabetha

It is the last line there, "a style of fiction that emphasizes the grotesque, mysterious, and desolate." Goth is a fashion, and a way of thinking. Goth is dark colors. My idea of goth is dressing in dark colors cause they make me feel more comfortable than bright ones, listening to rock and heavy metal because it makes me feel happy. Goth is not giving a shit what all the people around me think about my appearance. My goth is alone. Am I close to your idea of goth?? If not then by all means enlighten me.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #13
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabetha View Post
It is the last line there, "a style of fiction that emphasizes the grotesque, mysterious, and desolate." Goth is a fashion, and a way of thinking. Goth is dark colors. My idea of goth is dressing in dark colors cause they make me feel more comfortable than bright ones, listening to rock and heavy metal because it makes me feel happy. Goth is not giving a shit what all the people around me think about my appearance. My goth is alone. Am I close to your idea of goth?? If not then by all means enlighten me.
Goth is about the music, gothic rock(and a few other closely related genres). That's the only requirement. The clothing and colors merely followed. As for metal, feel free to listen to it, ESPECIALLY if it makes you happy, but it has nothing to do with goth.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:54 AM   #14
Elizabetha

Well then I may meet the requirements because I know all of the bands in the group gothic bands, and I like them all. Thank you for the lesson.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #15
Grausamkeit

Seriously? You were listening to Specimen and Alien Sex Fiend when you were only eight?

I'm finding you very hard to believe.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #16
Elizabetha

Then that is your decision, there is absolutely no point in me trying to convince you what I was or was not like all my life. I am sorry that you are so disbelieving.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #17
Elizabetha

Also I said I know those bands, not that I always did, read what I say thouroughly if you are going to try to poke holes in it.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 AM   #18
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Also I said I know those bands, not that I always did, read what I say thouroughly if you are going to try to poke holes in it.
This subculture is all about the MUSIC, chica.

If you weren't listening to the music at 8, then you weren't goth. You can't just arbitrarily make up definitions for it.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:21 AM   #19
Elizabetha

I wasnt listening to those bands but I was listening to Disturbed, Evanescence, Slip Knot, I.C.P., Kiss, AC/DC, Metallica, Black Sabbath. What else do you need to know???? This was just me trying to meet new people and make friends, so if you don't mind please quit trying to criticize me. Thank You.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #20
Grausamkeit

Quote:
I wasnt listening to those bands but I was listening to Disturbed, Evanescence, Slip Knot, I.C.P., Kiss, AC/DC, Metallica, Black Sabbath. What else do you need to know???? This was just me trying to meet new people and make friends, so if you don't mind please quit trying to criticize me. Thank You.
Trying to gain credit by saying you've been goth since you were 8(and not even listening to bands up to mallcore level...) is lame. Be yourself. We hate facades and fake people.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:23 AM   #21
Acharis

Quote:
I know we're not supposed to make new threads with the same basic idea as another but the introduction thread is down and that's what I wish to do. I wish to introduce myself. I am 18, I have been goth for 10 years. I have a son who is 5 months old as of right now. I wish to be an English teacher some day. I am alone in the country where I live. No other goths live near me or go to my school, I am like the metaphorical needle in the haystack. I don't like to talk much but if you talk about something I liike, or am very opinionated on, I will definitely talk back.Thank you for your time.
Howdy. English and literature were favourite subjects of mine.

Grats on working towards that goal, it might be tough raising a kid at the same time but persistence pays off.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 AM   #22
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here, could you please fill out this questionaire so we all can get to know you better !!!.

Do you like Fields Of The Nephilim (One of the best bands on the planet) ?
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #23
Elizabetha

Thank you, I have always adored English and grammar. Anything worth doing is hard. I do not know Fields of the Nephilim... is it a band.
Maybe you can teach ?them? to me. I am relieved to see not everyone on here is so cynical and angry. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:27 AM   #24
Elizabetha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Trying to gain credit by saying you've been goth since you were 8(and not even listening to bands up to mallcore level...) is lame. Be yourself. We hate facades and fake people.
By the way I wasn't meaning it that way, I meant I wanted to make friends and meet people like me. I live in the midle of the country so everyone is either jock or cowboy, so i'm pretty much alone and wanted to meet people like me, who understand.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #25
Elizabetha

I googled Fields Of The Nephilim and they look pretty cool. From the description I got online they are kind of like BOTDF? Yes? No? It said they were kind of electro-goth, which is what BOTDF is. Sadly I am at school so I cannot actually listen to there stuff but I will as soon as I can.