Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #6051
MissCheyenne

Cleaning is a shitty way to spend a birthday. Sorry you have to endure that horror Cuckoo.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #6052
CuckooTuli

Thanks MC. I'll make it up for it when I get settled in the new place, I'm sure. Tomorrow, though, will be spent in marigolds, loudly berating my boyfriend for not being careful enough with the comic collection, and telling everyone who comes near me that they have to be super-nice to me 'cause it's mah birfday.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #6053
Grausamkeit

Fru, that sucks. I don't know what I'd do if I had to give up coffee. I've given up every other vice I had over the years. I would give up food before I'd give up my coffee. I understand if it's for medical reasons, but it still sucks. Sorry you have to give coffee and chocolate up, hun. *hugz*

CuckooTuli, Happy Birthday, hun! Make everyone else do as much work as possible as punishment for having to clean on your birthday.

So, I got the money back for the pet deposit I paid nad we're not going to be getting a cat. It wasn't me or Hubz's decision, either...long story, but it's the reason that I currently dislike his family more than usual. I bought a couple of shirts off of ebay that said "New with tags!" and when I got them in the tags said 'Hot Topic'. So my husband has not quit fucking with me about it since. It's really not a big deal to me because I like the shirts. I would've liked to know that I could have bought them without the cost of shipping, though.

Er...I mean....DOWN WITH HOT TOPIC!!!11!! *hides shirts*

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #6054
BlacKat

*sigh* 2h down at grandparents and he's already on a political rant. I mean, I knew he was conservative but...he's ranting about how Obama is really a muslim.
BlacKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #6055
Grausamkeit

You mean he's not a Muslim? Damn, I bought that O8ama turbin for nothing!

We live in a fairly country-fied part of town and the olde people are sometimes very outspoken. They think the older they get the more of a right they have to speak loudly about how evil the world is because it's not exactly how it was when they grew up.

Old 07-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #6056
Ben Lahnger

Mostly, it's because the older you get, the less you give a shit about what other people think of your behavior.

It definitely is starting to happen to me, although I still plan to always operate with some tact and decorum. But there are times when I just say what I think, unfiltered, because I think people need to hear it, where I would have been reticent in the past.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #6057
BlacKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Mostly, it's because the older you get, the less you give a shit about what other people think of your behavior.

It definitely is starting to happen to me, although I still plan to always operate with some tact and decorum. But there are times when I just say what I think, unfiltered, because I think people need to hear it, where I would have been reticent in the past.
It's more the general lack of logic that's getting to me. You can express your thoughts as loudly and clearly as you want, I just expect you to actually have facts to back it up. The facts aren't even right - Obama's parents were not practicing muslims. And even if they were, the only foundation for claiming Obama was a muslim is that his parents were. By that logic I'm a fundamentalist christian! *snort*
Old 07-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #6058
Saya

I hate to assume anything, but it could be racism masked by more socially acceptable Islamophobia. Has Romney gotten any flack for being Mormon yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit
We live in a fairly country-fied part of town and the olde people are sometimes very outspoken. They think the older they get the more of a right they have to speak loudly about how evil the world is because it's not exactly how it was when they grew up.
Or more importantly, how they think it was when they grew up. Its kinda funny how we look to the past with rose coloured glasses. Its Canada's Day and I hear old people grumbling on how we should have never joined Canada, we didn't do so until 1949. The way they remember the old country of Newfoundland was a paradise, conveniently forgetting that we run ourselves broke and asked Britain to take us back, and the merchant class mercilessly oppressed the working class. My grandfather used to do this, and its like, "Yeah, remember when you had to drop out in eighth grade and join the military to avoid starvation? WASNT THAT MAGICAL?"
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 03:22 AM   #6059
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Fru, that sucks. I don't know what I'd do if I had to give up coffee. I've given up every other vice I had over the years. I would give up food before I'd give up my coffee. I understand if it's for medical reasons, but it still sucks. Sorry you have to give coffee and chocolate up, hun. *hugz*

CuckooTuli, Happy Birthday, hun! Make everyone else do as much work as possible as punishment for having to clean on your birthday.

So, I got the money back for the pet deposit I paid nad we're not going to be getting a cat. It wasn't me or Hubz's decision, either...long story, but it's the reason that I currently dislike his family more than usual. I bought a couple of shirts off of ebay that said "New with tags!" and when I got them in the tags said 'Hot Topic'. So my husband has not quit fucking with me about it since. It's really not a big deal to me because I like the shirts. I would've liked to know that I could have bought them without the cost of shipping, though.

Er...I mean....DOWN WITH HOT TOPIC!!!11!! *hides shirts*
Just adopt me. I'm housetrained, and there is absolutely no need for a kitty tray, I can use the toilet. I'm one hellofa bat.

Cuckoo Happy birthday!

My rant. Some wanker dude in his BMW decided to use the entrance of a crossroad to do a u-turn.

We were doing 40km/h and he just kept on coming around. A car was coming the other way so we couldn't swerve to miss him and we hit him, passenger side front of our car into the driver's side door.

Turns out the wanker was on a hands free phone and he was being yelled at on the phone, so he was distracted and just didn't think.

Jesus, what fucken phone call is worth that? he could have been badly injured. People usually do 60km/hr (posted speed is 50k) down that road, and fortunately for him, we weren't doing the speed limit because a car had just turned into a driveway before the intersection.

Mr Bat slammed on the brakes and fortunately we were in my BMW. I was thrown forward in my seat as the ABS brakes kicked in and we ended up literally bouncing off the driver's side door. If it had of been my old car, she would have taken out the driver's door and front fender and it would have been a hell of a lot worse for him.

I know that hands free phone kits are supposed to be safer but seriously folks, just pull over.

Now my car is going to have to go to the crash repairer.

I'm mad with the fact that the guy thought the phone call was more important than his life.

Ohh and yeah I guess that makes me a wanker dudette for also driving a beema or is the female version of a wanker a pearl polisher? or a bean flicker?

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #6060
Saya

Glad you're okay Fruitbat! And I'd still say wanker, pearl polisher just doesn't roll off the tongue, nor does it sound derogatory.

My rant: My computer froze and I had homework done that I of course didn't save, and couldn't restore. FML.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:42 AM   #6061
BlacKat

[quote=Saya;672004]I hate to assume anything, but it could be racism masked by more socially acceptable Islamophobia. Has Romney gotten any flack for being Mormon yet?QUOTE]

I rather suspect this is the case, actually. From what I know I don't think he's gotten over the civil rights movement yet.

Ironically, this gives me hope that my parents' views on homosexuality will be equally ridiculous to the generation after me.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #6062
Grausamkeit

Old people are funny. One of the things that we heard when we had a rare morning out to breakfast was that Obama was the antichrist and that his presidency signaled the end times. This was at a small diner that look like it's only frequented by the same locals every day. But in this town hearing something like that isn't shocking. It's shoucking that people believe it, but not that they say it. Saya, I think it's a normal part of getting older that they remember their past differnt than it actually was. I dread ever coming to that stage in life. The day that I start to say shit like "I loved my childhood" or "the early days of my marriage were awesome!" is the day I've officially deluded myself and need to just give up the ghost.

It probably wouldn't bug me so much if the old people spouting off their silly wankery weren't yelling loud enough for everyone in the place to hear them.

Fru, I'll adopt you, hun! We can take the beema on joyrides while my husband watches the kids. And you're not a wanker because of the car you drive. The things on which you are supposed to be judged are the important ones like musical taste, clothing, education, shoes, religion, hair falls, poseur status...

Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #6063
Fruitbat

Quote:
*snip*

Fru, I'll adopt you, hun! We can take the beema on joyrides while my husband watches the kids. And you're not a wanker because of the car you drive. The things on which you are supposed to be judged are the important ones like musical taste, clothing, education, shoes, religion, hair falls, poseur status...
I knew I'd sell you on the housetraining aspect .

Hell yeah, leave the men at home babysitting and take the car out and hammer it. We have a racetrack near us, which is open to people who own powerful cars/bikes - man I'd love to get my car on that track.

Saw a 1960's mustang the other day, I dawdled behind Mr Bat and checked it out. It's weird, I'd rather check out a car then a guy - guess it shows where my priorities are in life. Nice cars are a heck of a lot more reliable.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:01 PM   #6064
Catch

I could go up to Idaho to watch fireworks with family, but I have to much to do. Probably sit on the porch and watch fireworks like usual.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 AM   #6065
CuckooTuli

Thanks, Graus & Fruitbat. It was a pretty good day in the end - I did very little of what I intended to, got fed and given (ahem) 'anything I wanted' by my beloved, then got obnoxiously drunk and watched Rango. Nothing really got packed or cleaned and I feel like a pig shat in my head today, but fuck it, it'll all come out in the wash.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #6066
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Thanks, Graus & Fruitbat. It was a pretty good day in the end - I did very little of what I intended to, got fed and given (ahem) 'anything I wanted' by my beloved, then got obnoxiously drunk and watched Rango. Nothing really got packed or cleaned and I feel like a pig shat in my head today, but fuck it, it'll all come out in the wash.
Those are always the best birthdays! I used to never get hangovers, but when I did I figured they were worth it for the fun I had the night before.

Look Alan, another absolute statement!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #6067
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
I knew I'd sell you on the housetraining aspect .

Hell yeah, leave the men at home babysitting and take the car out and hammer it. We have a racetrack near us, which is open to people who own powerful cars/bikes - man I'd love to get my car on that track.

Saw a 1960's mustang the other day, I dawdled behind Mr Bat and checked it out. It's weird, I'd rather check out a car then a guy - guess it shows where my priorities are in life. Nice cars are a heck of a lot more reliable.
When you get to a certain age, sex doesn't matter near as much as dependability. I am currently at that age, too.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 PM   #6068
CarrionCorpse

I am flat fucking broke.
And so is my mum so I can't even borrow money.
There's no milk in the house, and barely anything to eat, and I doubt I will have a ride to work tomorrow because there's not enough gas in the car.

Time to start pawning my movies off until payday.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 AM   #6069
Saya

I'm in the same boat sadly. Time to put the saxophone on kijiji I think -_-* we have only one pawn shop, and they only offered 150 for it. They're pretty bad for not offering much.

Also, I wish there was a way I could tell a friend that she would be much happier if she broke up with her boyfriend instead of trying to hang onto a failed relationship without sounding like a bitch.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:07 AM   #6070
Fruitbat

Quote:
When you get to a certain age, sex doesn't matter near as much as dependability. I am currently at that age, too.
hahahahaha

As I was taking my baby (the BMW) out for a spin last night testing out a new driving song, I was reminded that the thrill of driving a really nice car lasts a lot longer than a climax and you never have to worry about premature ejaculation only tyre punctures, but then I can change a tyre.

I think as you get older, really good sex wins the vote, over seeing how many times you can do it in a weekend, which can leave you completely unsatisfied and walking like a cowboy for work on Monday morning.

*RANT*

I'm sick. Again. Another bloody cold. So this makes 3 illnesses in five weeks. I'm over it. And for some stupid reason when I get a cold, I feel the need to bake. This time it was oatmeal cookies and bread. To top off how shit I was feeling babybat's bread turned out better than mine and it was his first time at making bread.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #6071
Solumina

Mother Fucker!

Creepy sock guy is back, I think I remember posting about him last year, but if not or if you all are confused I will elaborate.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #6072
Catch

That's okay. Does he tell you you will like his socks?

That's really creepy. I'm just bored today.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 AM   #6073
Fruitbat

Grammar and punctuation and spelling in would-be writers.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #6074
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Mother Fucker!

Creepy sock guy is back, I think I remember posting about him last year, but if not or if you all are confused I will elaborate.
I must have missed it! Elaborate?

My rant: I'm dying from the heat and humidity. I'm trying to keep perspective, its only 25 degrees, there's no rain in Texas, Afghanistan is way hotter, but...Canada is supposed to be cold

FUCK YOU GLOBAL WARMING!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #6075
Grausamkeit

Saya, are you really complaining about 25 degrees not being cold? I don't think that it normally gets that cold in the winter down here!

Who is this 'sock guy'? Do we need to perform some voodoo on him?