Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 AM   #26
Corpsey

Salvia?!?!? Are you fucking kidding?

It does nothing.

De nadro.

Weed affects the brains receptors in such a way that it slows things down. Various strains of weed have certain added effects like bubblegum or skunk.

But to be honest, it really just works off your current mood. If you're sad you'll be worse off and if you feel great you'll continue to feel great until you get hungry and/or tired.

Its not for everyone, and Saya, if you get burnt lungs from it, try doing Iced Spots. It feels like you're breathing air, but cold soothing air.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:13 AM   #27
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
In essence, it looks like the same thing as any other drug or alcohol: a way to escape reality.

Personally, I use computer and console games; they don't make you sick to your stomach, and you are still able to think clearly when you are finished with them. [Though I did have a weird dream about my Death Knight in WoW last night........]

My orc female Death knight with hawk will beat your Death knight.
Wednesday Friday Addams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 AM   #28
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsing the Son
It's not really a high at all. It's more of a 30 to 45 minute out of control head trip. You pretty much lose all orientation or sense of personal space. This entails strange sensations such as being tugged at by invisible hands or your mouth melting off your face and landing in your lap. You can also lose the ability to make any sort of rational conversation. Like you'll hear everything a person is saying, but you won't be able to connect the dots. Or you will know what you're trying to say, but simply cannot concentrate long enough to say it.

Also you may hear voices and murmerings, feel like you're falling or feel like you are somehow being weighed down.

It's intense.
Never heard of it.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 AM   #29
jack_the_knife

Salvia was fun. I thought I was Eddie Murphy. I don't smoke weed anymore, I used to smoke a lot when I was 13, I would suggest if you want to find out what it's like that you try it yourself. Personally I much prefer alcohol.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:23 AM   #30
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan
Marijuana IS a hallucinogen. It's a very mild one, but that's the family of drug it belongs to, even though legally it's considered a narcotic.
Tomatoes are scientifically classified as a fruit. How often they are used as a fruit is highly debatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey

It does nothing.
You're either not burning it at a high enough temperature for it to work, or you got some bum salvia.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #31
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Marijuana IS a hallucinogen. It's a very mild one, but that's the family of drug it belongs to, even though legally it's considered a narcotic.
No, it isn't. Legally, narcotics refer to opiates.
Sometimes, colloquially "narcotic" is used to mean illegal drugs. That doesn't make it a legal usage.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 10:37 AM   #32
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Personally I much prefer alcohol.
Same. Definitely.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:32 AM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

I enjoy weed a lot, but I don't smoke anymore because I always act like an asshole when I'm high and I don't need to be putting holes in my brain.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #34
Man In Room 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I enjoy weed a lot, but I don't smoke anymore because I always act like an asshole when I'm high
How long ago did you quit? 'Cause I'd say it's still in your system.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:15 PM   #35
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
How long ago did you quit? 'Cause I'd say it's still in your system.
How amusing.
Calling me an asshole like that.
Good for you.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #36
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
No, it isn't. Legally, narcotics refer to opiates.
Sometimes, colloquially "narcotic" is used to mean illegal drugs. That doesn't make it a legal usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
Tomatoes are scientifically classified as a fruit. How often they are used as a fruit is highly debatable.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #37
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
So you're saying that non-narcotics can be used as narcotics?

Fucking idiot.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #38
Despanan

Yet again. We're arguing about nothing:

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
While many drugs clearly fall into the category of either stimulant, depressant, hallucinogen, or antipsychotic, cannabis, containing both THC and CBD, exhibits a mix of all properties, leaning towards hallucinogen properties due to THC being the primary constituent.
Quote:
Many law enforcement officials in the United States inaccurately use the word "narcotic" to refer to any illegal drug or any unlawfully possessed drug. An example is referring to cannabis as a narcotic. Because the term is often used broadly, inaccurately or pejoratively outside medical contexts, most medical professionals prefer the more precise term opioid, which refers to natural, semi-synthetic, and synthetic substances that behave pharmacologically like morphine, the primary active constituent of natural opium poppy. Although the overuse of the term "narcotic" in various nonclinical contexts is technically inaccurate, it does serve adequately as a shorthand way of denoting any powerful or illegal drug.
There are a number of times that States have altered their legal deffenition of "Narcotic" to include Cannibis so that pot-smokers could be prosecuted. For instance, in Ohio, it used to be technically legal to drive under the influence of Mary Jane, so long as you didn't swerve or anything, because the DWI rules specifically stated that it was illegal to drive under the influence of "Alcohol and Narcotics". As Cannibis was not a narcotic, the state had to drop the charges a few times, and so, expanded their deffenition to include Mary Jane.

Quote:
I enjoy weed a lot, but I don't smoke anymore because I always act like an asshole when I'm high and I don't need to be putting holes in my brain.
You must be high on Gothic.net quite a bit.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #39
Verdandi

Drugs, alcohol, and things of that nature have no appeal to me.
I'd rather know what's going on around me and be able to respond appropriately.
If you want to do those things, you aren't hurting anyone but yourself, so it doesn't really concern me.
Verdandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:19 PM   #40
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
I think the smoke has to do with making people sick, I can't smoke it anymore without coughing up a bloody lung. Plus some people will use tabacco as a pinch, which makes it worse.
You do have a point there. But although it can be rough on your throat/lungs sometimes, it usually only seems to be during smoking and that depends on how one smokes it, or if you're already sick when smoking it.. also, I don't think there are any studies proving it causes significant long-term damage to the lungs, but I might be wrong..

Personally, I see no need to use tobacco with it, although I do enjoy Drum tobacco with my oil or hash sometimes. Then again I am a cigarette smoker and I honestly don't give a shit about my health.
lucylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #41
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey

It does nothing.
What Mir said.

I tried salvia a little while ago and it had almost no effect. Small visuals that lasted less than a minute, and they were just distortions, I didn't see anything that wasn't there. But my best friend tried it right after me, her eyes went blank, clearly not seeing what was in front of her. She stood up but couldn't keep herself up, we were holding her up during the trip. She was pretty shaken up once she snapped out of it; the first thing she said was "I was tangled in the webs of reality."

I'm trying it again on Saturday, hopefully I'll have more luck. But I don't think salvia is really a "fun" drug, if anyone here is looking to try it for fun.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #42
Eclipsing the Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucylucy
What Mir said.

I tried salvia a little while ago and it had almost no effect. Small visuals that lasted less than a minute, and they were just distortions, I didn't see anything that wasn't there. But my best friend tried it right after me, her eyes went blank, clearly not seeing what was in front of her. She stood up but couldn't keep herself up, we were holding her up during the trip. She was pretty shaken up once she snapped out of it; the first thing she said was "I was tangled in the webs of reality."

I'm trying it again on Saturday, hopefully I'll have more luck. But I don't think salvia is really a "fun" drug, if anyone here is looking to try it for fun.
Okay, so you got small visuals but in the same sentence admit you didn't see anything that wasn't there..... ? Your friend k-holed but ya know. Almost no effect at all. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Are you on it right now or something?
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #43
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:

You must be high on Gothic.net quite a bit.
Someone already beat you to it, but thanks for playing.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:41 AM   #44
Utho

Most people in Germany tend to mix their weed with tobacco. Due to some additives of the tobacco, this straightens the kick. On 2 parts of weed (by volume) 1 part of a mild and dry tobacco normally does the trick.

When consumed through the stomach, the punch is kinda softened in its "approach", but not in its overall effect. - This is only for ppl with some experience, otherwise it may get somewhat psycho.

According to my understanding, THC works fine when used in doses that do not turn ppl over time in vegetables. When used excessive over long times, it fogs the brain and affects intelligence negatively; the same as with all drugs that I can think of at the moment.

It´s what you make of it. When you overdose at your first try, y´ll probably hate it. When you catch the "right" dose at the right time, it may serve you with experiencing the fuck of y´r lifetime.
Utho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #45
lucylucy

Quote:
Okay, so you got small visuals but in the same sentence admit you didn't see anything that wasn't there..... ? Your friend k-holed but ya know. Almost no effect at all. Yeah that makes a lot of sense. Are you on it right now or something?
I'm sorry, apparently I wasn't clear enough for you. What I meant by not seeing anything that wasn't there was that what I was seeing was distorted, as opposed to seeing a whole different world like you could when you break through on salvia (like my friend did). No, my friend did not "k-hole" as that refers to ketamine, not salvia. And I said that for me it had almost no effect, that doesn't have anything to do with the experience my friend had on it.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #46
lucylucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utho
It´s what you make of it. When you overdose at your first try, y´ll probably hate it. When you catch the "right" dose at the right time, it may serve you with experiencing the fuck of y´r lifetime.
You can't overdose on weed. But you do have a point, if you do too much your first time - not too much as in an overdose, too much as in getting too high - you probably won't be a fan of it.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #47
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Then again I am a cigarette smoker and I honestly don't give a shit about my health.
Are you serious? Why?
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #48
Despanan

Quote:
Someone already beat you to it, but thanks for playing.
More than one person is allowed to call you an asshole at a time. I mean it's not like I have to take a number or stand in line or something.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #49
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
More than one person is allowed to call you an asshole at a time. I mean it's not like I have to take a number or stand in line or something.
Yeah, I guess if you want to just repeat a joke that was already made to save you from thinking, that's your right.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:24 PM   #50
Utho

Quote:
You can't overdose on weed. But you do have a point, if you do too much your first time - not too much as in an overdose, too much as in getting too high - you probably won't be a fan of it.
Maybe I was not sufficiently precise, sorry. I meant the level with the sweat and the tummy-thingy - people sometimes get.
Utho is offline   Reply With Quote