Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #126
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete Noire View Post
the problem is people rising to it. If nobody appeared to give a shit, Albert would get bored and either leave or become a less inflammatory member. Take away the self-righteous shit-for-brains who take this place far too seriously and there's not really anybody to get a rise out of.
I guess I just don't really see it that way. If someone is consistently going around trying to press people's buttons to cause disruption and get a rise out of people, that is kind of a problem. You are suggesting that if nobody cared about anything then we wouldn't have any problems, but I just can't get with that. Albert was asked reasonably and rather than acting like a reasonable person, they took the opportunity to revel in the messy conflict they could make out of it. I guess I just see that as trollish disruptive behavior, and given that the origin of the request stemmed from the volume of complaints they have gotten for being trollish and disruptive, well, they failed the test. They proved people right.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #127
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond View Post
What?

I don't intend to offend people. I just don't care. It was my understanding that that was pretty much how GNet worked.
Ha sorry, I managed to forget you're probably more intelligent than a lot of the "non-troll" members.
And that you're not that trollish when it comes down to it.
I'd blame drinking, but that's unverifiable and what so many people do on the internet when they say something thick. So I apologise, I said something thick.

I agree that people shouldn't worry so much about who they offend, but I also think that the offended shouldn't kick up about it like Tam did. It was hardly a big thing.

Also, on a very different and completely disconnected note, you were the only one who got the Leonard Cohen reference in Opteron's "Future" thread a while back.
So have some reputation or whatever the button does. *Abuses the new site functions*
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #128
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothic.net View Post
I guess I just don't really see it that way. If someone is consistently going around trying to press people's buttons to cause disruption and get a rise out of people, that is kind of a problem.
Since that's not what I'm doing, I don't think there is a problem.
Quote:
You are suggesting that if nobody cared about anything then we wouldn't have any problems, but I just can't get with that. Albert was asked reasonably and rather than acting like a reasonable person, they took the opportunity to revel in the messy conflict they could make out of it.
It's not my fault that people like me.
Quote:
I guess I just see that as trollish disruptive behavior, and given that the origin of the request stemmed from the volume of complaints they have gotten for being trollish and disruptive, well, they failed the test. They proved people right.
This has to be the third time I've asked how many complaints there actually were.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #129
Bete Noire

Quote:
I guess I just don't really see it that way. If someone is consistently going around trying to press people's buttons to cause disruption and get a rise out of people, that is kind of a problem. You are suggesting that if nobody cared about anything then we wouldn't have any problems, but I just can't get with that. Albert was asked reasonably and rather than acting like a reasonable person, they took the opportunity to revel in the messy conflict they could make out of it. I guess I just see that as trollish disruptive behavior, and given that the origin of the request stemmed from the volume of complaints they have gotten for being trollish and disruptive, well, they failed the test. They proved people right.
I'm not sure if Albert was deliberately pushing buttons, or if they genuinely just don't care, as they said a couple of posts back. If the latter is true, then it's the people getting their buttons in such a twist that creates the problem.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #130
Tam Li Hua

Bete Noir: I don't know, but there's a lot of folks trying to get rid of me simply because -I- get on their nerves.

I don't care if Albert wants to make an offensive tag line. All I said was that I don't appreciate it, and I got attacked. I -do- agree that he's a troll, and that the only reason he'd have to put such a thing in his tagline would be to try and get a rise out of folks, which is what trolls do. He acts like a spoiled two-year-old, and the less of that kind of attitude we have around here, the better.

As far as talking about sexual issues, I've already said that there is a -great- difference between Albert's tagline and an actual discussion about sexual topics. Why this is so difficult for folks to understand is beyond me, especially since we have so many self-declared smart people around here.

I would also like to add that if Albert's tagline bothered me that much, then I would put him back on my ignore list, since that's what it was created for. [If anyone consistently gets irritated with a Gnet member, but absolutely refuses to use the Ignore list for whatever odd reason you can come up with, then it's your own fault for having to put up with them.]
Old 03-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #131
Gothic.net

Quote:
This has to be the third time I've asked how many complaints there actually were.
That is true, I think it is. The way post reports arrive, it is very difficult to get a cursory count, as they just have a link to the individual post being reported. Someone would have to click every post report ever and tally the results to give you an exact number. That said, your posts are very infrequently deleted. So, the conclusion is that you are bothering people, but not usually in such an over the line way as to constantly be actually found in some sort of violation. So, we requested that you perhaps reel in the button pushing. Make some effort to bother people less, such as perhaps changing your user subtitle to something not cocksucking related. This was in the form of a warning and request, civil advice really. But, in the process of this conversation, you lost more and more of the benefit of the doubt.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM   #132
JCC

Quote:
How much of a feeling of worth do you really get from being the shiny red button that Tam and people of similar dispositions can punch with their chubby fists each time they can't cope? What's the point of a forum at all if we've got someone trying to be referee?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #133
Gothic.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
How much of a feeling of worth do you really get from being the shiny red button that Tam and people of similar dispositions can punch with their chubby fists each time they can't cope? What's the point of a forum at all if we've got someone trying to be referee?
Are you really going to make a case that there is too much moderation on Gothic.net? Really?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #134
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
I don't care if Albert wants to make an offensive tag line.
That's the thing. It's NOT offensive. Sex is not offensive. If you think that so much as REFERENCING a blowjob is offensive, then that rules out tons of media. I mean, honestly. Tons of shows reference sex. Seinfeld references masturbation. Should I even start with South Park, Monty Python, and all that?
Quote:
As far as talking about sexual issues, I've already said that there is a -great- difference between Albert's tagline and an actual discussion about sexual topics. Why this is so difficult for folks to understand is beyond me, especially since we have so many self-declared smart people around here.
We understand. What you don't understand is that almost nobody else minds 'dirty' jokes. I mean, fuck! If I wanted to shock people, I could just take out the ol' Power Five and shove them around. That's offensive. Vague sex jokes are not.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #135
Tam Li Hua

JCC: Actually, Gnet is the first forum I've ever been on that such insane and constant behavior has been tolerated by the admins. Most forums request that folks keep -some- form of decency and maturity in their online discussions. Geez, even Gaia Online gives you the option to bleep out things you don't want to see or hear, and it's -vastly- more immature than Gnet.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #136
Gothic.net

Quote:
That's the thing. It's NOT offensive. Sex is not offensive. If you think that so much as REFERENCING a blowjob is offensive, then that rules out tons of media. I mean, honestly. Tons of shows reference sex. Seinfeld references masturbation. Should I even start with South Park, Monty Python, and all that?
And a girl may well get kicked off a city bus for wearing a shirt that boldly stated that she sucks cock. It may be true. It may be important to her sexuality. But, that doesn't make it any more appropriate in a public setting. So, if the bus driver mentions to her that it really might be wise to cover that one up in this setting, she could be wise and comply, or she could be a problem and whine a lot and stamp her feet and plead her nonsense arguments about sexual judgments blah blah blah... at which point she is very likely to be kicked off the bus.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #137
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
JCC: Actually, Gnet is the first forum I've ever been on that such insane and constant behavior has been tolerated by the admins.
THIS IS SPARTA!
Quote:
Most forums request that folks keep -some- form of decency and maturity in their online discussions.
We do keep some form of decency.
Quote:
Geez, even Gaia Online gives you the option to bleep out things you don't want to see or hear, and it's -vastly- more immature than Gnet.
Censorship is not a sign of maturity.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #138
Tam Li Hua

Albert Mond: There's a difference between sexual humor that's actually funny and an obvious, immature cry for attention.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #139
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
We do keep some form of decency.
Not by much, though; it's mostly mob rule around here, which isn't fair -or- good.

Quote:
Censorship is not a sign of maturity.
On almost any other site, Albert, you would have been kicked off several months ago when you first started acting like this.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #140
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
And a girl may well get kicked off a city bus for wearing a shirt that boldly stated that she sucks cock. It may be true. It may be important to her sexuality. But, that doesn't make it any more appropriate in a public setting.
This is the internet. Also, I'd say the chances of said hypothetical girl getting kicked off are somewhat slim. I expect that the people who ride public transport get used to way worse shit.
Quote:
So, if the bus driver mentions to her that it really might be wise to cover that one up in this setting, she could be wise and comply, or she could be a problem and whine a lot and stamp her feet and plead her nonsense arguments about sexual judgments blah blah blah... at which point she is very likely to be kicked off the bus.
You're horrible with examples. Either way, I'm very clearly winning this argument. On that note, I never actually put said Subtitle back after being warned, so that worsens the comparison further. Had the case you're talking about happened as this case is happening, I'd still be on the bus.
Plus, I don't think the bus driver would be willing to throw someone off just because the crazy Christian lady who rants incoherently in the back and who feels threatened by everything was offended.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #141
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
I don't care if Albert wants to make an offensive tag line. All I said was that I don't appreciate it, and I got attacked. I -do- agree that he's a troll, and that the only reason he'd have to put such a thing in his tagline would be to try and get a rise out of folks, which is what trolls do.
He's not a fucking troll. Albert Mond isn't my favorite member (that would be me), but I acknowledge that he's not so moronic as to believe that the most effective means by which to turn the user title feature to the end of provoking people would be a rather mild acknowledgement that he licks male sex organs.

Quote:
He acts like a spoiled two-year-old, and the less of that kind of attitude we have around here, the better.
Really? I can't imagine anyone but a spoiled toddler being shocked by the idea of someone licking sex organs, then complaining about the mention of this reality on a message board for adults.
I'll add your name to the ban Tam petition.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #142
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
On almost any other site, Albert, you would have been kicked off several months ago when you first started acting like this.
First off, that's not true. I frequent looser sites, most of which have more moderation. The ones that aren't so loose, I don't act so loose on. The only time I remember ever being kicked off of a site was because I couldn't draw well with a mouse.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #143
Saya

Quote:
That is true, I think it is. The way post reports arrive, it is very difficult to get a cursory count, as they just have a link to the individual post being reported. Someone would have to click every post report ever and tally the results to give you an exact number. That said, your posts are very infrequently deleted. So, the conclusion is that you are bothering people, but not usually in such an over the line way as to constantly be actually found in some sort of violation. So, we requested that you perhaps reel in the button pushing. Make some effort to bother people less, such as perhaps changing your user subtitle to something not cocksucking related. This was in the form of a warning and request, civil advice really. But, in the process of this conversation, you lost more and more of the benefit of the doubt.
So out of all the things Albert does, changing his user title is reeling in? Toning it down? Did you ever get any reports about the user title?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #144
JCC

Quote:
Are you really going to make a case that there is too much moderation on Gothic.net? Really?
No, I'm saying that you appear to be taking steps towards intervening in our happy little community, and rather like the concept of an interventionist god, the concept of an interventionist admin unsettles and annoys me.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #145
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
No, I'm saying that you appear to be taking steps towards intervening in our happy little community, and rather like the concept of an interventionist god, the concept of an interventionist admin unsettles and annoys me.
Heh. A teenager who doesn't like being told what to and not to do. What a shocker. *wink*
Old 03-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #146
JCC

I am deeply hurt by this abominable attempt to rile me by trivialising my views on account of my age. What pure venom.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #147
gothicusmaximus

Tam's viperous *wink* at my friend JCC just made me cry, Gnet. Is she banned yet? If so, Hail Ceasar! If not, Viva la Revolucion!
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #148
Tam Li Hua

You're obsessed with emoticons, gothicus. I'm starting to wonder if one attacked you in your sleep or something.

*imagines gothicus getting attacked by several different kinds of smileys*

Heh. Reminds me of the Star Trek episode about Tribbles.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #149
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
You're obsessed with emoticons, gothicus. I'm starting to wonder if one attacked you in your sleep or something.
"*wink*" isn't an emoticon. If you wanted to make an emoticon for winking, ;] would be one. "*wink*" doesn't cut it.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #150
Solumina

This is dumb. Gnet if you really just wanted Mond to tone things down then you should have sent a pm instead of calling him out on it the way you did, knowing how he tends to act it should have been obvious that his most likely reaction would not have been to comply but to make a big deal out of it and be a pain in your ass.

As the whole thing was going down you reacted in an extremely petty manner to the posts supporting Mond being allowed to keep his posts. Honestly I wonder what is motivating this change in behavior, a bit of transparency would be much appreciated. In the past rapid changes in administrative style have resulted in major problems, widespread dissatisfaction among the members, and a large number of members leaving.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote