Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #51
Scolaí

For the past couple of years I've not done the whole resolution thing. Instead, my wife, children and I wrote down those things about 2005 that we wanted to do away with on small pieces of paper. Beside a glass bowl we had a taper burning. After we wrote down the things we wanted to purge from our lives we burned the pieces of paper by lighting them over the taper and dropping them into the bowl. After everyone had burned the thoughts, practices, and conditions they wanted to be rid of, we smashed the ash into powder and threw it into the wind.

It was a very physical representation of the whole "New Year's Resolution" thing.

That having been said, I am looking forward to a more physically fit and more prosperous new year.
Scolaí is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #52
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsumy
ummm....my new year's resolution would be.... to get pregnant (I have problems to have children) so I did quit the birth control pill 1 week ago... and I'm hopping to get pregnant before june
Please tell me your profile is not correct and you're not 17.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #53
Needled

Weight loss seems like a pretty common resolution... I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that wants to lose some pounds. I figure now would be the time, the holidays are over, and I can't think of any other excuses to wait... I've put it off for so long, and I keep saying I'll start next week, then the next, then the next month... I'm such a procrastinator.
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 09:25 PM   #54
Scythan

I'm thinking of losing some weight, too. I'm a big chocoholic, and I've decided that from now on, I'm allowed to eat only one piece a day.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #55
Jane13

Good luck to everyone on thier resolutions. For the smokers, my parents said they just stopped buying ciggarettes, and eventually you'll run out of people who will give them to you.

My New Years revolution (not a typo) is to tie my hon. English teacher to her desk so she'll actually tell me what's wrong with my rough drafts before I turn in the whole flippin' paper, and NOT fail me for the semester for "not completing" a final exam which I DID finnish. It's not like I had that much to look forward to having a D/D split, but it ws better than an F. Sorry my resolution/revolution is a major rant, and I hate blaming other people on things... but it's damned well not my fault if she waits untill the day before rewrites are due to give my papers back to me and whole other slew of complaints. There's no way I can transfer out of the class (such is the nature of an honors class at my school), but I can sure as hell work my ass off and let her know I'm not a doormat.

0.o GRRRR. My other resolution is in the picture post.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #56
Phayte

Edit: Doh.. I quoted the wrong post hehe. This is for the other chocoholic

I have the same resolution, but I'd go insane without chocolate. Try 60% dark chocolate. It tastes amazing, is very low in sugar and low in fat. It also has stuff in it that helps prevent a few cancers.
~William Shakespeare
Phayte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 10:29 PM   #57
Scythan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte
Edit: Doh.. I quoted the wrong post hehe. This is for the other chocoholic

I have the same resolution, but I'd go insane without chocolate. Try 60% dark chocolate. It tastes amazing, is very low in sugar and low in fat. It also has stuff in it that helps prevent a few cancers.
Thanks! I would try that, but I've decided to only eat chocolate that I had already. People know that I love chocolate, so they tend to get it for me. I have a big package of truffles, a Purdy's assorted box, a bunch of Lindors Lindt chocolates, and a couple other types, including leftover Halloween candy. I figure that will last me for a while, if I only have one a day...

I know that I could never just stop eating chocolate, so the only time I will allow myself to have one is with my pills (it says take with food, so I guess this is okay). I guess that also helps me not to forget to take them.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #58
Needled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythan
I'm thinking of losing some weight, too. I'm a big chocoholic, and I've decided that from now on, I'm allowed to eat only one piece a day.
That's a good resolution. I always failed diets in the past because I would try to totally eliminate my favorite food/s. It would work for awhile, but eventually I would want something so bad that I would end up bingeing...
Needled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #59
Godslayer Jillian

My resolution is to try and stop being so antisocial/solitary

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:40 PM   #60
TheKorovaMilkbar

My new year's resolution:

To keep my apartment clean.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #61
TheKorovaMilkbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayte
Ooh! I love dark chocolate, probably as much as milk chocolate. The best part is that it's relatively healthy for you.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:05 PM   #62
UltraNEO*

Jesus... Just looking at him point at me, scares me.

Fuck U!
Uncle Sam!

Well, for new years resolution I promised myself that i'd do some bloody work! For the past 12 months I've don't little to move forward and now looking back I feel terrible. I'm on a degree course, studying something I'm completely passionate about and I've yet, for some reason, I've yet to do any work... My lectures have started to warn me about pulling me socks up! Or risk failing. I'm my own worst enemy.

*sobs*

"Listen when your hurting someone, don't think of the pain he feels, only concentrate on the pleasure of causing him pain. That's the only way to show true compassion for your partner." - taken from Korosiya Ichi
UltraNEO* is offline   Reply With Quote