Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #5951
Ben Lahnger

TY, Julia, the feeling is mutual.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #5952
Gnossos

All here who share their homes with a toddler: I salute you.

How the hell do you do it whilst remaining relatively sane and able to function at work? Not to mention dealing with the crumbs, clutter and general anarchy that one 30-pound child is capable of producing in the blink of an eye?

Good Lord. I'm STILL tired.

My friend called me yesterday afternoon; she had tickets to a show in town and her babysitter had cancelled at the last minute. I've taken care of her daughter occasionally since she was a tiny little thing, but only for a few hours at most. She was the most delightful of babies; her disposition has always been sunny, cheerful, and easygoing. Also, she's absolutely adorable- gigantic blue eyes, staticky blonde hair, big smile, etc. She's lovely.

She's always enjoyed visiting her Auntie M., probably because she gets my undivided attention (as opposed to competing with her older brother or daycare kids). However, we haven't had her over for a few months, and never at night. It was different, to say the least.

She, at 24 months, can now talk, walk, and run. And my house is basically a Baby Death Trap- sharp corners, slippery tile and hardwood floors, and a coffee table that bears the tooth marks of several generations, mine included.

When she arrived, she dashed around the place for about forty minutes. She loves our cat Randy (who doesn't?). He's had little experience with tiny children, but he is very mellow; when the pygmies come after him, he submits, and allows their sticky fingers to pet him and proffer treats. Eventually, he hides under the dining room table, and who can blame him?

We had a fine time reading several Eric Carle books, numerous renditions of *The Gas We Pass: The Story of Farts* (She is so brilliant- she can say "esophagus" and "intestine" when you point to the pictures in the book), and the timeless *Doggy Dog*.

I thought that would lead to a bath and bed. Instead, we had more running, skidding, cat chasing, and nervous impact-prevention on my part. Finally, halfway through *Piglet's Big Movie* (a last-ditch effort that her parents provided) she told me, "I'm tired," and promptly went to sleep in the Porta-Crib. At 9:30. Two hours past bedtime.

When I came downstairs, the mess was astounding. Toys, books, macaroni & cheese, peas, and pears everywhere. Once I got that squared away, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open. I settled on the couch with my book, and could barely concentrate.

Mum and Dad picked her up at 11:30, and they were so happy; I was glad to've helped them out, but still.

When do you all have time to drink?
Old 03-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #5953
tenet_2012

What happened to the milkbar guy?

Also, what happened to Al?

--Geisha
Old 03-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #5954
Sanctus Dei

Korova is busy with school... but Al??

My baby sister (25) is an ass... she left her 4 yr old home alone so she could go hang with her 34 yr old boyfriend... I want to back hand her.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #5955
Ben Lahnger

What happened to Al?? Tenet, I'm assuming you mean AlKilYu. He went psycho and left with the BIG melodramatic exit. I would PM Empty_Purple_Stars if you want further details. Sanctus is right about Kerova ... he'll be back when school isn't such a load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
My baby sister (25) is an ass... she left her 4 yr old home alone so she could go hang with her 34 yr old boyfriend... I want to back hand her.
Sanctus, I feel that. It is so wrong. You can't smack her up literally, but if you'd like to give her a figurative "blow", I have an idea. Recently there have been several high-profile news stories about parents getting jail time for leaving their kids home alone. You want me to find 'em so you can print them and slip her a copy?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-09-2006, 09:21 PM   #5956
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Sanctus, I feel that. It is so wrong. You can't smack her up literally, but if you'd like to give her a figurative "blow", I have an idea. Recently there have been several high-profile news stories about parents getting jail time for leaving their kids home alone. You want me to find 'em so you can print them and slip her a copy?

Um... YES!!??!
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #5957
winged_dreams

*blinks* I just filed my federal taxes online. Hopefully it will get accepted although I don't know why it wouldn't. Apparently I'll be getting 500 bucks back if all goes well. I hope it does. I could REALLY use that money. That would pay for my classes this summer. *hopes everything will be ok*

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 03-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #5958
winged_dreams

This would be more that I've ever gotten. I think it's since no one will be claiming me as a dependent anymore.

My grandfather got me a good deal on a car. It originally cost 1500 but he got it for 1300. Good luck finding a car.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:07 PM   #5959
winged_dreams

And oh yeah, apparently I got nominated to the National Dean's List. Has anyone else had dealings with this business/honor society thing before?

Old 03-10-2006, 06:18 AM   #5960
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Um... YES!!??!
Okay, I just saw your response. give me a little bit to find them. Actually, if I remember right, E_P_S posted one of them and I posted the other one somewhere here on Gnet.

I'll PM you.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 07:06 AM   #5961
Deviant Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
Drop what you're doing and watch this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...42196227308929
Woah! Those kids rawk! I wish I could do crazy shit like that. If they ever have to run from the law, they'll have a pretty good chance of getting away!

Do you reckon they'll end up becoming stunt guys for films?

BH - you're probably way too busy to be on here reading this, but just in case you are I want to wish you all the best with your baby and with work. Hope you make it back here sometime!

~ Wei Hui
Old 03-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #5962
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_dreams
And oh yeah, apparently I got nominated to the National Dean's List. Has anyone else had dealings with this business/honor society thing before?
Congratulations!

I was given a Delta Mu Delta key (it's like Phi Kappa Phi for business majors) and a few other things. Do you have a specific question?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 AM   #5963
Tall One In Black

Quote:
Okay, the ones I picked up list the following:

Fish Oil - 1000 mg ____ EPA - 180 mg ____ DHA - 120 mg

I don't know if that is good or not, but at 99 cents for 30 softgels, it fits in my budget nicely.
Omega 3s are good for your body even in small quantities, but I wouldn't expect much of a difference in moods with that low dose of EPA (less than 20% of what was shown to be successful in studies). You could, of course, take five or six capsules every day.

Buying fish oil capsules is tricky because almost all of them are low-dose and equally balanced between EPA and DHA. You pick up a bottle of fish oil capsules thinking they will be beneficial, but in reality they're not likely to do a thing for your mental state.

I've found that most vitamins and supplements are that way, actually. You have to research before you buy and then carefully read every word on the labels.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:31 AM   #5964
spookypurple

For brain power - concentrate on the DHA

A little acronym I have:

DHA - Directly to your Head A

EPA - Everywhere Probably A

Hamlet
Old 03-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #5965
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Um... YES!!??!
Okay ... found them ... they were in "a wtf moment" ... I forgot that for a while. Talk about wtf!

Anyway, these both include links to the original news source. The first post was from E_P_S ... #107

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=107

And the second one was from me ... #109

https://www.gothic.net/boards/showpo...&postcount=109

That should give you what you need. I will PM this to you as well.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #5966
Shi'ark

Have fun X, take it easy
Old 03-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #5967
spookypurple

Have a good week!

(or, depending on when you read this) Hope you had a great week!

Hamlet
Old 03-10-2006, 12:41 PM   #5968
Ben Lahnger

[b]Xng[/b} have a GREAT week! We'll miss you. Have fun and see you in a week.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #5969
Ben Lahnger

Xng, I'm sorry, hun. I hate it when I am beholden to idiots.

Any chance you can reason with Matt's mom?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 01:55 PM   #5970
tenet_2012

I'm watching Star Trek TNG naked.

--Geisha
Old 03-10-2006, 01:56 PM   #5971
Ben Lahnger

Yep, that sucks. Especially waiting for phone tag ... that sucks mudsicles.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 02:04 PM   #5972
Ben Lahnger

Tenet ... I have bad social stereotypes running around in my head because I saw the words "Star Trek" and "naked" in the same sentence.

Ha ha ha ... as long as you don't think you are a naked Star Trek character, I'm sure you're alright.

My Mom was a Trekker (nee Trekie) since the original series went on the air. I like STTNG plenty ... just have some bad memories of going to some of those conventions with her. OMG, this belongs in "On Your Knees And Confess" ... CRAP!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #5973
tenet_2012

I've seen every episode of every Trek series ever made. I am a Trekkie myself.

--Geisha
Old 03-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #5974
Ben Lahnger

I've actually seen most. I lost a bit of interest during Voyager's run. And I found out too late that I wished I had watched all the first run broadcasts of Enterprise ... started watching it late 3rd season and figured out I liked it.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #5975
tenet_2012

How many avatars do you have?

--Geisha
Closed Thread