Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 03-31-2006, 06:37 PM   #76
bunnicula

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
I know it sounds silly or foolish, but there is a restlessness in my heart when I try to deny them. Even when I didn't know that I would become a Christian, somewhere within myself I knew that when I tried to deny it I felt I was doing something wrong. No one I really knew on a close level would ever tell me that denying these things is a 'bad thing', and yet I felt it. It's very personal, and I'm sorry I can give no better answer.
That is beautiful- not foolish in the least!
bunnicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:15 PM   #77
Jane13

Thanks ^^;

All of you have been infinitely more respectful and kind about it than I've come to expect from people in general. It's one of the reasons I love this place... people are really open-minded, and not in the hypocritical self-proclaimed way.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 11:11 PM   #78
Queenofdarkness57

Jane, I'm really happy for you. I have never known any person close to my age who has converted to Christianity. It's wonderful how you've learned about different religions and then decided to choose Christianity. Good luck with everything. *hugs*
Old 04-01-2006, 01:24 AM   #79
succubus,queenofvampires

Wow, Jane, I've heard about a lot of people who have converted from Christianity but none who have decided to convert to it. Until you!
You make me reconsider my beliefs and have more faith in the Catholic Church since obviously, you must've done a lot of research before coming to an answer.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #80
A Simple Poet

I'm glad to have discovered this thread. I am a Christian and also consider myself "Goth". I feel both the lifestyle and belief can co-exist in harmony. I agree with those who have written earlier in the course of this thread that the core of Christianity is about faith, and in a world spinning madly out of control and bombarded with the proliferation of various different beliefs and social mores through mass media, it is becoming more difficult not only to find faith these days, but to keep it.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:09 AM   #81
corrupt_dishwater

Wonderful topic

I am indeed a Christian, and although I consider myself to be "label free" I do wear what I like, and that is usually associated with gothic apparel. I think that this is a great thread.
corrupt_dishwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #82
Queenofdarkness57

Coolness, more christian goths aboard.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:17 PM   #83
Corpus_Draconis

I'm not a religious person and don't really know what I believe, other than that I'm vaguely agnostic, but I like going to churches, especially European ones (Gothic cathedrals are my favourite). I'd like to find a mosque or a synagogue or a Buddhist temple or a Hindu temple and go there sometime.

I do find small, dark, empty chapels to be good places in which to have a good cry, especially since I have a roommate and can't be alone in my room whenever I want.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:27 PM   #84
Sobeh

I'd like to suggest the following poem might be a really good summation of the Christian Goth idea; obviously not my own work, so I won't put it in the poetry thread, but it captures what I'm thinking about.

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
Robert Frost
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #85
BlessedBeauty

I suppose my friend Jaddy and I would be considered Christian Goths. She introduced me to that site someone had previously posted (christiangoth.com) about a year ago. We haven't found it to conflict with our beliefs, especially since part of our beliefs is that God loves what makes each of us different. So, yeah I suppose many of us exist. Fun.
BlessedBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:44 AM   #86
Sanctus Dei

Love you already Blessed.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:44 AM   #87
TheKorovaMilkbar

Good answer, Blessed.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:50 AM   #88
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedBeauty
I suppose my friend Jaddy and I would be considered Christian Goths. She introduced me to that site someone had previously posted (christiangoth.com) about a year ago. We haven't found it to conflict with our beliefs, especially since part of our beliefs is that God loves what makes each of us different. So, yeah I suppose many of us exist. Fun.
I like your answer, BlessedBeauty.
Welcome aboard!!
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #89
BlessedBeauty

*blush* Thanks.
BlessedBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 PM   #90
Engulfed_in_darkness

I am a christian goth. My idea of hell is a place where on your way there you fall down a hole full of demons until Satan thinks its time for you to FULLY Arrive. Once there it is pitch black and you cant see anything. You say "where am I? I cant see? Anyone there?" and the minute those words leave your mouth a candle cuts on and you can see a little, and what you see is a demon headed towards you and it rips your face off and the candle cuts of and then you hear a voice saying "Welcome to hell" and then you hear Marilyn Manson say "REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH!" and thats the words you hear. Then You hear alot of people screaming. Alot of screaming. Fear strikes you and then fire burst from the ground. The fire lights up the place and you can now see the area around you. People screaming in shackles,burning, dragons and demons flying around keeping watch over hell. The place looks like a valley like the Grand Canyon only with the sun being a black hole and the moon being the color of blood. The canyon full of lava and fire burning. Scary looking castles with pointy satanic shaped rocks near it. Hell's hiearchy comes to greet you. Before you is Satan, Baphomet, The Antichrist, Ashtaroth and more. A place where you actually see Cthulhu and The Old ones. A place of darkness and fire. A place of chaos and screaming. A place of unquenchable fire. A place where your owrst fears roam freely. A place where you see things humans where not meant to know about. A place where the true Neceronomicon reveals it self. A place where you see angels falling from the sky and turning from beautiful beings to horrid ugly and scary creatures with demonic voices. Where you see the angels bird wings turn to bat wings and there innocent voice turns deep and demonic and there pearly white teeth becoming red or yellow and sharp and they are given THERE WEAPON OF TORTURE! AND PLACE WHERE YOU HEAR THUNDER AND LIGHTNING AND SEE YOUR LIFE FLASHING BEFORE YOUR EYES BUT YOU STAY WHERE YOU ARE! A place where The Apocalypse repeats itself OVER AND OVER! A place where Satan himself molests you and corrupts your vision and sadistically rapes you! AND PLACE WHERE PEOPLE USELESSLY PRAY FOR NOTHING! A PLACE WHERE PEOPLE CURSE GOD! AND A PLACE WHERE FRUSTRATION,CHAOS, AND YELLING ROAMS! A place of never-ending destruction! A PLACE WHERE YOU ARE FORCED TO VIEW YOUR PREVIOUS LIFES DEED AND WHY YOU ARE THERE! A PLACE WHERE YOUR BED IS A HEATED GRAVE! AND PLACE...Where The Battle of Gog Abd Magog and Armaggedon wages for never ending ages... A place where the things you once saw in the horror movies greet you! A place... A anger... A place...of sin...
Hell...Is a terrible place...And that...Is My Vision of Hell.
Engulfed_in_darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #91
Godslayer Jillian

"Satanic" rocks?
And, the Necronomicon is not real, you know?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #92
Engulfed_in_darkness

I am aware of that but because the necronomicon is frightening they should have the events that happen in it take place. and not satanic rocks. Sataninic SHAPED rocks. Like, ya know, rocks in the shape of something satanic. Like a giant rock in the shape of... The satanic pentacle. Something pointy. I dont know...
Old 04-20-2006, 07:52 AM   #93
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engulfed_in_darkness
I dont know...
The beginning of wisdom.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:54 AM   #94
Blushing Heliophobe

Considering the source?
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #95
angel_dark_demon_bright

There's nothing wrong with being a christian goth. I actually see it quite often. I was borned and raised christian and I dont see why anyone would think its that strange to see a goth going into a church. Goths are people to, not all of them feel the need to declare themselves atheist, but neither does that make them ignorant. I do often question my faith, how else can you hope to learn more?
Sure there are often times that i get weird looks from people as I walk through the doors. But I dont know those people. I dont go to church to try to get their approval thats not why Im there.
Its ignorant to think that because a person dresses as goth and acts that way makes them antifaith. If there's one thing i hate its when people streotype others.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #96
Engulfed_in_darkness

I totally agree and would you not say that the appearance of very popular churchs or huge kinds have a gothic architecture style to it?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #97
Sanctus Dei

Your refering to gothic as an architectual style, not the subculture. Please tell me that post was a joke?
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #98
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctus Dei
Your refering to gothic as an architectual style, not the subculture. Please tell me that post was a joke?
... I was just about to say how glad I was at seeing more open-minded Christian goths, and then...

I REALLY hope that was a joke.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #99
pocket suz

Location: Chichester, near Portsmouth on the south coast of England
i am a christian, and a goth.

and there a few of us around!! just because you choose to follow a certain style doesnt dictate what you can and cant believe in. i have always had faith, and continue to have it even though my style has changed. i dont think i can really be bracketed, but a lot of what i wear is gothic, and i have always been fascinated by the gothic culture. but this doesnt mean i have to worship the devil or change who i am and what i believe in, just because peoples stereotypes say that that is what a goth is.

i am me. i enjoy wearing black, it suits me. there is nothing in the bible that says i have to dress a certain way to be accepted by jesus. he loves me just as i am, eyeliner and all. what does he care if i turn up to church wearing a full length black velvet and lace dress? he cares that im there at all and that i want a relationship with him. God looks on the inside, not on the outside.

i am proud to be a goth and a christian. in many ways the goth culture and those associated with it are supposed to break the norm and the conventions of society. people often judge me on what i wear, and i love the shocked looks people get when they discover who i really am. also, when walking into churches i am proud to show that a teenager can follow a trend such as goth and still be a christian. christians can be incredibly judgementle at itmes, and its nice to put a few of them in their place!

so rock on christian goths, you and i know that its perfectly acceptable to be both. dont let others jusge you, Gods oppinion is the one that matters!
pocket suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #100
A Simple Poet

Well, you can use capital letters ... it's okay.

When I am going into church, I am not at all concerned about what others percieve my dress to be. I dress respectfully for God, whether I'm in black, jeans, whatever. Drawing attention to one's self is almost the antithesis of what Christianity is about ... doing unto others. Still, it is nice to see genuine Christian goths out there who loathe the mainstream and ritzy cookie cutter polo shirted Religious Right Chrsitianity as much as I do.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote