Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #26
succubus,queenofvampires

I agree with both DA and QoD. If grown-ups are irritated by teens' behavior, then they've got no one to blame but themselves. Because at some point, they, adults, were these teens' idols, and these teens looked up to them and picked up their bad habits.And if they didn't take enough care of these teens and taught them everything that they need to know when they were kids, then there's no reason for them to blame the kids.

The only time that teens stop being angsty and rude and act in a astupid manner is when adults stop blaming them and criticising their every move, and start cooperating with them and listening to every thing that they have to say. This way, the number of angsty teens will decrease or maybe even disappear.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #27
Virulent Dryad

Oh, I like that one. Sounds like another plan.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:34 PM   #28
Jane13

*sigh* yeah, I agree with the majority of posts... kids these days suck, but so do adults. I'm usually to shocked to do anything when someone's that rude to me because

a) my parents would have smacked me if I was their age and acted that way
b) my friends were mostly brought up that way (and I think to a certain extent a lot of them shelter me in a big-brotherly way).
c) I live near a town that is very diverse, and a lot of people come from different countries, and most people are brought up to respect each other's differences.

Common courtesy and good parenting really seem to be going out the window lately.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #29
A Simple Poet

Okay, I've held back awhile to digest this. Here are my two cents.

I am thirty one years old and work in a customer service based industry where the customer is almost never right. (I don't want to get started on that cliche).

I have discourteous teens and acerebral adults I deal with on a daily basis. And I know that I have been and probably will be less than amiable toward them at times as well. I agree with those who want to blame it on paternal upbringing but I blame it on selfishness.

Our culture is CONSTANTLY inundated with visual media and commercials urging us to Have it OUR Way. It's all about YOU. There are tee-shirts that read "All About Me" and "Princess" and the like. And yes, it's cute and seemingly harmless but on a subliminal level, is it?

I submit that until a person, regardless of age, takes their eyes off of their own self gratification and consider the needs of ... hell, the existance of the person they are either helping as an employee or being helped by and acknoweldge them as a human being with a pulse (I hope), then nothing will change.

That's my theory, anyway.

My name is Will ... and I'm back from a glorious feeding.

Will on Facebook ... Identify yourself because I'm a proud, Facebook, recluse.
A Simple Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #30
Godslayer Jillian

Well, I'm a satanist, so it is about my own self gratification.
But still, far above that is the rule of "bother no one"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #31
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Well, I'm a satanist, so it is about my own self gratification.
But still, far above that is the rule of "bother no one"
Well, in that vein of thought, there's not harm in being polite to everyone else... they're more likely to help you with that goal that way ^^;

and thanks, Darkangel.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:14 PM   #32
Draconysius

When someone scoffs at me, I simply smile and wave at them; not give them what they seek. There are indeed assholes EVERYWHERE, and you just have to devise your own way of dealing with them. You may find comfort in knowing that you're twenty times more mature than over 85% of the populace; It works for me sometimes.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #33
Nardol

Kids these days... I feel older every time I say it, and that's very old indeed.

For some reason young teens seem to be creeped out by me. I don't really miss their attention.
Nardol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:20 PM   #34
Blushing Heliophobe

I have no patience for rude adults so I don't see why I should have more patience for rude kids.

I didn't make them, so why should I *try* to understand their angst?

Sorry, I've got enough of my own baggage to sort through and I don't have the time or desire to piddle around and deal with attitude off of people that I don't know, regardless of their age.
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:39 PM   #35
Blushing Heliophobe

Waves of my affection are wafting on a golden breeze in your general direction, sweetie!
Blushing Heliophobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #36
Catch

Mmmm, okay. So the whole issue of respect. It's funny but I was actually watching M*A*S*H and the priest guy summed it up very well. You can defend yourself without beating a guy to death. In that way, protect yourself but still stay idealistic.

I think it's idealistic to think that everyone will treat eachother kindly. It would probably be better. However, be less sensitive and standing up for yourself is okay.

I try to show respect to people, but when it isn't returned I just avoid them, or act disrespectfully too. A friend of mine once said, "That it is easy to tell if someone really meant harm by what they did or said, depending on how they act when it is done back to them."

So there it is. I can't say I've never been careless with my words. I've been to out-there on occasion, but didn't mean anything by it. So maybe just relax, a little, could just be a cultural difference.

One cultural difference I can think of is telling someone they are not your friend. Took me a long time to figure out they weren't really calling someone out for a fight. ~sigh~ Meanwhile, it's like pulling teeth to get me to say that anyone isn't my friend. It doen't matter if I like the person at all. Just won't say it.