Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #151
ape descendant

My Zippo is out of commission too... just lost and fluidless... Using a crappy lighter the brand of which is pure mystery, but it had a sexy lady on it in classic pinup pose I could not resist it.

When this one dies.. back to bics... they are so damned trusty. Maybe I should just break down and find me a pretty case... but that idea is mostlikely fail... instead.. I should just invest in a lighter leash.. so that don't loose them so much.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #152
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
My Zippo is out of commission too... just lost and fluidless... Using a crappy lighter the brand of which is pure mystery, but it had a sexy lady on it in classic pinup pose I could not resist it.

When this one dies.. back to bics... they are so damned trusty. Maybe I should just break down and find me a pretty case... but that idea is mostlikely fail... instead.. I should just invest in a lighter leash.. so that don't loose them so much.
Go to Wal-Mart and spend 2 dollars on a Ronson refillable butane torch. They're rather unique in that I never see anybody using them ever. I've held on to mine for over a year now because people just don't seem to want to steal it.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:37 AM   #153
donmara

I used to smoke. Overated. It sucks.
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #154
ART

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindNsect View Post
Want me to send you some? We sell those at my store.
Thankyou for the most gracious offer. However, my local tobacconist does stock these spares ... and once these accursed holidays are over will be open for business once more.
ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:43 AM   #155
Still Jack

I use a Zippo copy. quite trusty.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #156
Angelic Dissonance

I've been getting those new Djarum cigars. They range from not great to orgasmic, and I can't figure out what's making the difference....
I wonder if the wild cherry is better, I'm going to try vanilla next....
If only they had a bin of chopped clove buds next to the Amarillo and Black Kavendish....
Angelic Dissonance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 05:57 AM   #157
Underwater Ophelia

I think both the cherry and the vanilla are terrible.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #158
d0p3y

only when i "really" need them...

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #159
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I think both the cherry and the vanilla are terrible.
That's because they taste horribly synthetic. If you dip cigars in natural cherry eau de vie, or cherry wine and let them dry out you get a decent full bodied cherry aroma. The vanilla ones always seem to be like a car air-freshener and no matter how you manipulate them, still taste shit.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #160
Pineapple_Juice

Am I the only one who just buys the 99 cent little Bic ones at the checkout counter in the liquor stores?

PS D Blacks taste nasty. I gave a bum a whole pack once and he came back to me saying he didn't like them and could he have different ones.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:18 PM   #161
FanoBliv

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
*snip...*Tobacco companies are some of the most notorious unethical producers, exploiting poverty in poor areas....*snip*
Manhattan Cigarette Prices Make History
New Zealand Cigarette Prices Rise
Biggest U.S. Tax Hike On Tobacco Takes Effect
Cigarrette Prices Rise In face Of Taxes
Turkey Cigarette Prices Raised

Quote:
Under litigation pressure and continued threats of cigarette tax hikes, U.S. tobacco companies raised wholesale prices 11.2% on August 31. Led by Philip Morris, the world's biggest tobacco company, the hike will likely translate to increases of 18 to 22 cents per pack. Industry leaders, including Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Holdings, Inc. quickly matched the increase, in part to pay off their share of the $206 billion dollar tobacco settlement with 46 states.

Portions of the new price hike are expected to go toward a 10-cent increase in the federal excise tax set to kick in January 1. Four cents will be applied to the tobacco settlement and another 4 cents will go to profit. Before the latest increase, cigarettes had been going for between $2.50 and $3.25 a pack nationwide and for about $1 more at many liquor stores and gas stations.

The increase was the second largest in industry history, second only to a 45 cent increase instituted last November. The increase is expected to lessen demand, but not enough to hurt company profits, which are expected to rise in the second quarter, according to Wall Street analysts.

One report suggested that the decision of Brown & Williamson, the third-largest U.S. tobacco company, to reduce by one-third its workers in a plant in Lancaster, Pa. was a sign that the trend of higher cigarette prices reduces overall demand.

To maintain demand, tobacco companies have used aggressive discounts after price increases to maintain brand loyalty. But analysts admonish that eventually, higher prices will inevitably lead to the erosion of big-name brand market share.

--Scott Edmiston
Law Student
You mentioned something about the cigarette companies' exploitation of poverty?
FanoBliv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:17 PM   #162
horse

I'm at about two packs a day
Here in Israel there are a few brands with interesting acronyms
Time or, This Is My End

This next one I will do phonetically

Nobles in Hebrew the acronym is Nolad"Born" Be'shvil "for" Le'ashen "smoking" Samin "Drugs"

In Hebrew numerology"gematria" the number that correlates with smoking "Ashen" is 420
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM   #163
carakitty

I'm thinking about starting up again. Came this >.< close to bumming one from a classmate today, but wouldn't have had time to 'enjoy' it before my next class started.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #164
emeraldlonewoulf

I quit. for 6 weeks. I ended up on the phone with the ex for six hours, changed departments at work ( all my new co-workers smoke, with the exception of two)and started again. damn my shitty will power. Oh well, I'm only back up to 3 packs a week.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:27 PM   #165
Pineapple_Juice

that's roughly seven or eight a day right? That's about how much I smoke, give or take and depending on how much I am driving, if I'm at work, and if I'm around anybody who doesn't know about my nasty habit.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:28 PM   #166
Hearts_Purple

I quit smoking 3 years ago and some days I really, really want to smoke!
Hearts_Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #167
Dylly

Necroplaghist wtf.... some people do not require the lungs of an athlete... when i used to smoke people often asked y... do you know what... only the people who dont smoke ask that.... sure they are bad 4 u... my grandaddy is over 80yrs old... they havent got him yet... u can get cancer talking on ur mobile 2 much... living/walking under powerlines.... we all die... get outta ur shell and live life
Dylly is offline   Reply With Quote