Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #76
PorlNecklace

Just forgot, but wanted to compliment AC's post as well.
If you let the concept of winning control the discussion, then one impedes any intellectual progress thereof, simply for the smug masturbation of personal ego.
Oh, and if maybe the mention of Socrates was what resulted in my caricature(?), I simply mentioned him on account of the belligerence he faced in trying to discuss logic, within his Euthyphro and Melian dialogues particularly.
*goes back to drinking 100% natural hemp coffee, arming the homeless, and lynching republicans while playing Pink Floyd on my gramophone*
edit: My actual response is at the bottom of the last page:/
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:15 PM   #77
PorlNecklace

*fuck, hit wrong button, can edit but not delete*
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:03 AM   #78
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorlNecklace View Post
While returning to what Elystan said of myself, I have no clue how liberalism, ie: sexism, racism and groupthink relate to my post; which solely compressed my opinion, that the alignment of personal identity with ideological platform, is no less irrational or metaphysical than profession of faith in the supernatural. On the contrary, I'm actually quite Conservative and extremely critical of University Liberalism!
What?

I'm talking about the behaviour of posters on this forum. The holier-than-thou attitude. I was trying to explain to you why you're seeing so much belligerence.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote