Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 10-23-2005, 11:30 AM   #26
Which_ones_Pink?

Sisters of mercy! They're great!

Pink Floyd are good! (I am SO British...)
Not too rockin though...but Oh so Goth (In their own special way)

I'm sorry. (I really do think that by the way)
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 01:48 PM   #27
Junk Bond Trader

There's a great compilation of classic alternative on Rhino. It's called Left of the Dial, and it contains songs by The Sisters of Mercy, The The, Chameleons, The Cure, Killing Joke, Throbbing Gristle, Bauhaus, Gun Club, Kate Bush, Cocteau Twins, Echo and the Bunnymen, Gang of Four, Minor Threat, XTC, Nick Cave & TBS, The Cramps, Joy Division, Concrete Blonde, The Minutemen, The Feelies, The dBs, Psychedelic Furs, Mission of Burma, Love and Rockets, PIL, Sonic Youth, Robyn Hitchcock and The Egyptions etc.

It is not all goth, but I think it is a must have for anyone who wants to put goth in the perspective of its place in the general pantheon of 80s modern rock (not to be confused with mallternative of the mid to late 90s).
Junk Bond Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 05:19 PM   #28
SicGoth

I am into all kinds of music from Goth,Goth Indus, Rock, Classic Rock, Rock Alternative, Some country. I like some bands like Borknagar, Cradle Of Filth, Jack Off Jill, Naglfar, Diva Destruction, Switchblade Sympony, MM, MD, and many.......more but just ask me an I will know.
SicGoth is offline   Reply With Quote