Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 10:56 AM   #7226
tenet_2012

Where has E_P_S been?

--Geisha
Old 04-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #7227
WolfMoon

I don't know, I haven't seen her around.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #7228
Pathogen.

The last time I've seen E_P_S [her posts] was 3 days ago. Most active in the topic-thread "18+ Thread, Please--", for personal reasons connected to its author. Since then, no sign of her. I miss her already. I could be gone for months & only 2 people would notice.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:38 PM   #7229
maggot

I want a yellow alien ninja. I would name it Hark. Not Jark, Hark.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #7230
tenet_2012

Hahahaha...

Funny picture.

--Geisha
Old 04-04-2006, 02:49 PM   #7231
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
PS-- What the shit? As I'm making posters, I'm watching Mad TV (I'm not paying attention, and my remote's not working) and all of a sudden The Cure was on. The Cure was on Mad TV?!

you forgot the screaming girls
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 04-04-2006, 05:08 PM   #7232
Sobeh

<-- My very first animated gif. O.o Perhaps it can commemorate the Cure sighting?
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #7233
Ben Lahnger

Sobeh, that avatar is strangely mesmerizing! Not quite as hypnotic as mine, I'll grant you, but still trance-inducing!

Pathogen, I noticed you were gone for a while recently. I notice many people's absence. But you do have a point, as E_P_S is one of the few here that I would openly, longingly pine for if she went missing for a while. Where is she, indeed?

And by the way, I did miss your intelligent, articulate posts while you were away.

Sanctus, thanks for the good wishes on the job. Glad you like the Tenerife pics. I really do want to return there someday, with a camcorder and a higher resolution camera and more days and no schedule. I'm using one of the pictures from post 26 in that thread as my PC wallpaper now, one with the aqua blue water breaking on the black lava rocks ... it takes my breath away.

655322, thank you. This job is one hell of an opportunity and I intend to make the most of it.

Geisha, I saw that comment about me be a mouthy f*cker. Do you eat with that mouth?!? Seriously? I was wondering ... because I don't think I can hang out with people who use such shitty fucking language.

Just you wait ... next week I'm uploading a 58 post thread titled "A Trip To The Grocery Store - A Philosophical Discourse (with diagrams)"!

Wolfie, where do I line up for the spankings?

have I forgot anything? Hm .... Oh, yeah.

Winged, the papers never stop being a pain. Just keep reminding yourself of the end of this part of your journey ... you know, when you dance up there and grab that degree with both hands ... and then fly from that place to conquer the world. It's all worth it!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #7234
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
next week I'm uploading a 58 post thread titled "A Trip To The Grocery Store - A Philosophical Discourse (with diagrams)
This excites me...
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #7235
Ben Lahnger

Sobeh - why is it, strangely enough, that I'm not surprised by that?

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 04-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #7236
Pathogen.

BEN: Your avatar excites me. FULLY.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #7237
tenet_2012

Curcifx Dildo.

--Geisha
Old 04-04-2006, 06:42 PM   #7238
maggot

XD
That's too awesome!
But I can't imagine any practical uses.

Oh my gawd! I'm an elder! I'm so honored
Old 04-04-2006, 06:58 PM   #7239
Ben Lahnger

Congrats, maggot!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 04-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #7240
Saya

I was out walking today and didn't see a huge crater in the sidewalk, so I fell flat on my face and skinned my knee. My knee is now covered in blood and pus. I believe this makes me totally hardcore.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:51 PM   #7241
Godslayer Jillian

Ok, who believes in the power of the mind?
I suppose it was just a coincidence, but it was awesome
Though I feel kinda guilty.
There was this annoying fly is my room, and I sprayed it with pesticide. It was struggling, but didn't die.
So I willed it dead... and it dropped dead at that instant!

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:54 PM   #7242
Sobeh

I quake and tremble beneath your power... =O Also, let's hope the karma isn't too bad!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #7243
Saya

My Buddhist sensibilites wants to say "Poor fly", but I found a silverfish in my bed today and I got my roommate to kill it ^_^ See? Because of my will, a bug died! Beat that!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:01 PM   #7244
Godslayer Jillian

Try it sometimes. I can also get the line at the international bridge to advance faster
It's sort of an inverse Murphy's Law

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #7245
Saya

Hehe, actually, I do believe in the power of the mind. Something freaky happened last summer. I hated my job, but on rainy days we got to stay inside and clean. So I, erm, perhaps dabbled in witchcraft, and it kinda rained for two weeks straight.

In Psychology a few weeks ago she even said "Do you remember last summer when it rained two weeks straight? Many cases of depression has been reported during that time." She was talking about how sun makes people happy.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #7246
Godslayer Jillian

What if there's a person who, instead of getting sad when it rains, it rains because he is sad?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #7247
Saya

Hmm...*puffs pipe* When I was a kid I thought it rained when God was sad.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:24 PM   #7248
Godslayer Jillian

I've been thinking. You see how many people get depressed with rain?
I suppose rainy days are the days in which more people are sad.
So, what if rainy days don't make people sad, but instead, it's only on the saddest days when it rains.
So, if everyone was happy, there wouldn't be any rain, which would wither pretty much everything. So, in a deeper meaning, this would say that sadness is an important part of life, and life can't exist without the occasional sadness.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #7249
Sanctus Dei

Jillian.. I think I have an example of will which upsets me. I've been complaining about how bad I needed to take the steps to find a job where my talents were both rewarded and appreciated. In fact three weeks ago I told a fellow employee I did want to be there anymore.. I was tired and burned out. I've known for months I needed to remove myself from that position but due to my serious sense of responsibility and sick sense of loyality I couldn't force myself to make that move with any intent. Then an unfortunate circumstance forced me to quit without a second glance and broke that jobs black hole grip on me...

It's a curse (as I have no solid source of income right now..) and a blessing.. I have the fire I required to find something better.
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #7250
Sanctus Dei

Is your real name Robin Tunney?

or.. perhaps Sarah Bailey?

(If no one gets the joke, I apologise for the confusion)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Closed Thread