Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Starmoonshine

I almost got *****!

Not really but I just came back from a walk and I just went to get some nail polish. I''m minding my own business and this old guy says he needs change. Of course I say I don't have any and try to walk on. Then he follows me a bit and says that he has money and if here to shop we can go into this alley and talk and maybe he could buy me stuff. I was like no thank you no thank you and kept walking . Then he kept asking me where my home was and i said it's around somewhere! And kept walking. I had to take the longest fucking way home because that guy freaked me out not to mention i just wanted to take a walk and get my nail polish and i notice how I'm getting leered at by every thing male today. It was uncomfortable and i feel very very violated today. what is it with today?! It's normally not like this at all! What the hell? I didn't wear anything revealing! I'm not wearing tight pants. I'm wearing what I usually wear. I should have just stayed inside where I am the safest!! Maybe I should have gone with him so I could have taught him a lesson about trying to pick up on strange girls with bad tempers and always wanted to know what is was like to have murderous tendencies! I would have started with his eye because i have long natural strong nails and I would have jabbed him in the throat with my house keys!

I feel a little better now...Now I just need to keep a sharp pointy object close by me at all times.
Starmoonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:35 PM   #2
Duane

You could always buy some mace, no need for knives.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
Starmoonshine

Mace? Mace doesn't do anything! If anything it's proven just to make your would be attacker angrier and have a greater want to hurt you. I'd say get them before they get you.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
Duane

Fine, just don't go for the jugular.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Tam Li Hua

Mace blinds the person. After you use it, you're suppoosed to run and scream like your pants are on fire. Then again, it probably isn't a good idea to go to the store late at night, unless it's an emergency. Or at least not to go alone.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

You love being histrionic, don't you?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Tam Li Hua

Now I'm curious to know what time of night it was.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Starmoonshine

No it wasn't at night it was during the day like almost an hour ago. and no I'm not attention seeking Jillian. In fact I hate attention. I'm complaining about it because i would rather be left alone. If I am out walking I don't want anyone to approach me what so ever. I've been out in my neighborhood at night but with friends and there is no one out! So it would be better to go out at night than during the day. Especially around 4 o'clock in the morning.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #9
Tam Li Hua

Huh. That -is- a bit odd, in that case.

Then again, what do you usually wear? Could it be possible that you've been getting these looks the whole time, but have just now started to notice for some odd reason?
Old 03-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #10
Apathy's_Child

I feel violated. No one ever offers to buy me stuff. : (

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #11
jack_the_knife

Buy a gun with rubber bullets. They're fun. : D
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #12
Starmoonshine

I just wear shirts that are nice but modest and cover up everything. They're not tight just normal shirts. And I wear jeans but nothing too tight just jeans and some black sneakers or my converse. The shirt I wore today just had these little roses on them around the collar. I'm more of a comfortable dresser but it still looks nice. I don't know I don't like to go out by myself much. Even when I was 13 wearing baggy pants with rips in the legs and over sized t-shirts I still got leered at by old creepy men. It's no wonder I didn't start dating until I was 17 almost 18.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
Starmoonshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife View Post
Buy a gun with rubber bullets. They're fun. : D
HAHAHA! That sounds just right for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
Solumina

The only time a guy offered to buy me stuff was when I was in Turkey, while there I got a few offers, some of them were actually pretty generous like the guy who came up to me in a lovely jewelry shop and offered to buy me anything in the store if I would have dinner with him, said he liked me because I had "childbearing eyes," whatever that means.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #15
Tam Li Hua

Sometimes guys find a girl even more attractive when she's fully covered. Sometimes just being female is enough.

Perhaps you could take a self-defense course..?

Last edited by Tam Li Hua; 03-24-2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Previous response too wordy, off-topic, and slightly preachy.
Tam Li Hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:22 PM   #16
Starmoonshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Sometimes guys find a girl even more attractive when she's fully covered. Sometimes just being female is enough.

Perhaps you could take a self-defense course..?
I have been planning to take some form of martial arts. I don't have an income for it right now though. My dad said he'd help as soon as I get a job. Maybe he might change his mind as soon as I tell him what happened.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #17
Tam Li Hua

If you have a good civic center, there might be an inexpensive self-defense course offered.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #18
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmoonshine View Post
I have been planning to take some form of martial arts. I don't have an income for it right now though. My dad said he'd help as soon as I get a job. Maybe he might change his mind as soon as I tell him what happened.
"I said no thank you, and he went away."

Yeah......... harrowing. They should do a reconstruction on America's Most Wanted.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #19
Duane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
"I said no thank you, and he went away."

Yeah......... harrowing. They should do a reconstruction on America's Most Wanted.
Swish!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #20
Starmoonshine

No he didn't go away. I kept saying no thank you and he followed me for a couple of minutes. Until i got closer to a crowded area only then did he go away.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #21
JCC

Your introduction thread states that your favourite author is Charlaine Harris, you could've used this opportunity to ask him to buy you some actual literature.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #22
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
No he didn't go away. I kept saying no thank you and he followed me for a couple of minutes. Until i got closer to a crowded area only then did he go away.
That'd work even better. They can play spooky music over him following you, then as you reach the crowds the music builds like he's going to attack you any second, then......... he's gone. All of America will heave a sigh of relief, and we just might catch this guy before he asks some other innocent pedestrian for change.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #23
Starmoonshine

No see he didn't want to buy me anything. He wanted to go to into a an alley wit me so we could "talk" about him buying me something. But wow what the hell made him think I would want to go with him anywhere just because he said he was a veteran?
Old 03-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #24
Starmoonshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
That'd work even better. They can play spooky music over him following you, then as you reach the crowds the music builds like he's going to attack you any second, then......... he's gone. All of America will heave a sigh of relief, and we just might catch this guy before he asks some other innocent pedestrian for change.
And for their name and where they live and ask them to come with him into a very uncrowded secluded alley. No he wasn't just asking for change. Plus when he said he had money then that totally didn't make any sense what so ever.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #25
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
And for their name and where they live and ask them to come with him into a very uncrowded secluded alley.
Well, surely you don't expect a WAR VET to give away his money for nothing after all he's already given you? Why do you hate America?

Quote:
No he wasn't just asking for change. Plus when he said he had money then that totally didn't make any sense what so ever.
I can answer this riddle: he had notes! Wads of notes, but no coins.

Jeez woman, if you hadn't figured it out by now, I'm KIDDING.