Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Courage the Cowardly dog

God I love that cartoon. Especialy Katz and the queen that appears from puddles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUnZE...elated&search=

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #2
KontanKarite

I love the dark surreal desert setting it's in. It's just so... you know. It can't be explained, only known I guess.

Great show in moderation though.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 AM   #3
Renatus

I think its perhaps my favorite American children's cartoon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf6Aq...elated&search=
somone is feeling a little.... naughty

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Vako

I have never actually seen that cartoon, and I love cartoons. I'll have to check it out some how. Coward the Couragely Dog? Courage the Cowardly Dog ?

That's got it.
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #5
Renatus

Its Courage the Cowardly Dog, those youtube links if you care to follow them lead to some good episodes of it.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Kitten of the Catacomb

Courage the Cowardly Dog is one of the greatest cartoons ever made. I love the eerie feel to it, and I adore how strange it is.
Kitten of the Catacomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #7
biohazard

I used to love that cartoon along with cow and chiken. But I enjoyed the mystery in this show, and I liked an episode where alien chikens appear at courage`s house, and the husband eats one of the eggs. It was a very good episode.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #8
killer_asian_Dax

[url=http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=SmashTom&p=r&page=9]

This link will take you to ALL of the Courage the cowardly Dog episodes there were. The first episode is on page 9, then advances as you go back in page numbers. Enjoy!

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #9
Renatus

The episode featuring his family is particularly saddening.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:36 PM   #10
IsolatedReptile

Those were the days that Cartoon Network was awesome, when Ed Edd n' Eddy were young, and Dexter's Lab was reaching some of it's best episodes. Now most of the shows are absolutely terrible. It reminds of of how Nicolodeon used to be awesome, then they got rid of shows like Ren & Stimpy and let Rugrats run too long, and stopped showing the Adventures of Pete and Pete and Are You Afraid Of The Dark all too soon.

Did I grow up or does anyone else think these channels have changed for the worse?
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
Seraphynth

I'm glad they show Courage on weekdays now at 9 central. :]
Courage was always one of my favourite cartoons. I was alway so disappointed to never find a giant plush of him. He would've been adorable.
I miss Johnny Bravo too, even though I hated it at the same time.

IsolatedReptile, the kids watching Cartoon Network now will say the same thing when they're in their teens/early 20s...
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #12
Temptation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphynth
I miss Johnny Bravo too, even though I hated it at the same time.
Lol JB was hilariously stupid. That cartoon was tame to some of the shows they have now a days.

I loved Courage ^_^ A booga booga booga booga! lol

Has anyone ever noticed that when they had the TV on, there was always a exclamation point in the reflection?
Temptation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:43 PM   #13
Renatus

Yeah they do lots of stuff like that, they push the name of the creator whenever they can like once John R. Dillworth airlines, as well as his previous cartoon which I forgot the name of which was on Sesamie street it's that little picture next to the stairs in the living room.

Old 05-27-2007, 07:24 PM   #14
ashtraygirl

i love(d) that show. i still watch the grim adventures of billy and mandy ! <3
ashtraygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #15
unfathomablepoison

Courage was amazing. My favorite show was always Aaahhh!! Real Monsters.
unfathomablepoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM   #16
Calamity

I love Courage the Cowardly Dog, that show was amazing. I wish it still came on.
Calamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #17
mansarin

Ah, courage's my second favourite cartoon, coming in right after The little Vampire, which is originally french.

*Yelp!*
mansarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:50 PM   #18
dreamydancer

Bah, I cursed those cartoonnetwork bastards when they took all the good shows off the air. But now I must confess my love affair with Youtube.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #19
Alexander IV

They dont make them like that anymore
Alexander IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #20
Ruhiel

Strange, earlier this week I was searching for "Courage the cowardly dog" and "dark" and yes, even "goth". How I didn't think to check the forums here I'll never know...

Ah I love that show. I remember the episode with the Harvest Moon actually scared me a bit since I was home alone and the head was just so bizarre. I wonder who it was though. It's strange how through everything that happens in an episode, both Muriel and Eustace seem somewhat oblivious to the otherwise heart-stopping horrors they go through. I do hope this show continues to air for much longer...
Ruhiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:36 PM   #21
Draconysius

Um... It's airing on Cartoon Network again. In the late evening, nonetheless. Well, in the states at least. I was watching the episode about the windmill and the four skeletal horsemen. I REALLY getting into the music too; very good dark ambient. I wish I had it on MP3.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:26 AM   #22
drewsilla

Love this cartoon! My son was really into it when it first came on. He was really little, but he'd stop whatever he was doing and sit still for Courage. That is a miracle in itself when you consider it was a preschooler--any still time is good time in my book!!

My fave one was the one with Fred shaving everyone and being naughty. So funny and dark!!
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #23
Black&Blue

I love C the CD. But it's so weird and so surreal I can't help thinking that there's some kind of deep profound symbolism going on in it, like from out of the Jungian Collective Unconsious or something.

But I can never figure out what it is so I just watch the show.
Black&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #24
lostintranslation

I'ma huge fan of that show. It's hysterical, and dark, and pretty much perfect. Courage is my favorite, and whoever made the show is a genius.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #25
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
I'ma huge fan of that show. It's hysterical, and dark, and pretty much perfect. Courage is my favorite, and whoever made the show is a genius.
John R Dilworth made it. He pretty much sneaks his name somwhere in each episode. Also in the living room you can see a picture along the stairs of his original piece of work when he used to make Cartoon segments for Sesamie Street(the one in paricular the picture is from is noodles and ned), to find out more look in his imdb profile not his wikipedia profile since it is a bit incomplete.