Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
CornSnake

a thread about a snake? fabulous!

Hi there, I see you have found my post. *cracks knuckles* okay let's do this introduction thing. prepare yourself four a wall of text and gratuitous amounts of tl;dr

1. What does Cornsnake Do?
well I have quite a bit of hobbies, but at the moment I'm helping one of my dear friends write and illustrate a collection of short stories. I also like to collect fancy soaps. as for a job well I work at petco, it's not the best job but it helps pay the bills and a tiny portion of my college education because being a med student with little financial aid is expensive as f***.

2. Where is Cornsnake from?
I live in the southwest area of the United States where it is really hot and dry.

3. Who is cornsnake's favorite author?
hmmm...that's a tough one but I guess I can name a few off the top of my head. I'm a huge Tolkien Geek and I really like the works of Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman and Rick Riordan (I am a big fan of the olympians series) I also read a lot of comics.

4. What are cornsnake's favorite movies
Well, I really like slapstick comedies and monster movies.
I don't feel like going into detail because my list would be never-ending.

5.What music would cornsnake like to play at her wedding?
Oingo Boingo-Weird Science. no if's and's or but's. and no music at my funeral because I dont want to have one. like I'd want a bunch of people crying over my lifeless corpse.

6. How would cornsnake like to die?
eaten by a reanimated tyrannosaurus rex. dinosaurs are awesome.

7. What kind of casket does cornsnake want?
I don't want to be put in a casket but I would like to have one in my future home just for giggles.

8.What does Cornsnake like to wear? Mostly casual clothes (jeans, t-shirts, hoodies, tennis shoes and my scrubs) considering I am frickin dirt poor and living in student housing. but once I get a career going on I'd like a fancy wardrobe full of elegant and flamboyant attire.

9. What does cornsnake miss about being a kid.
birthday parties, holy crap my parents went all out when I was little.
and those awesome 90's short pants overalls with the giant kitty applique on the center pocket. I used to pair them up with my closet full of orange shirts and cowboy boots. I was a strange little kid.

10. What is cornsnake's favorite band?
once again this is a list that will sadly be waay too long. so I'm going to list genres I like instead. I like Folk, Doom, Black, and Symphonic Metal, Psychobilly, Dark Cabaret, 80's alternative, Classic Rock, Industrial, pretty much anything that isn't illiterate poppy brainwash gargle.

11. what kind of education does cornsnake have?
I am a student studying at the University of Texas. right now I am working on my associates for dental assisting and eventually my D.D.S. in the future.

12. Why did cornsnake join gothic.net?
I wanted to find more like minded individuals who are pursuing intelligent conversation and friendship. also reddit is freaking crap!! I'm never going in there again

13. What is cornsnake's gender?
Female.

That was surprisingly fun to write.
CornSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Vince

Welcome to GNet, CornSnake.

i have to say i'm a bit disappointed when i saw that you're from the Southwest US but then you're going to University of Texas...only because i was hoping you were from somewhere like Arizona so that i may finally get someone to mail me a potato bug. -_-
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
MissCheyenne

There's a snake in my boot!!! CornSnake, dude, we've only just met, get out of my boot.

Anyway, welcome to Gnet.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Grausamkeit

So, you're the one living in my shed! Thanks for keeping the rodent population down! Welcome to the forum.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Why are you going to University of Texas? Come to Wisconsin, Neil Gaiman lives here.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
Vince

Screw Wisconsin, Texas has...um...well...OH Graus! Beat that, Ren.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #7
Grausamkeit

That's right! Beat me!

Wait a minute...

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Vince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
That's right! Beat me!

Wait a minute...
What are you saying? Put the whip away? 0_o
Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #9
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Given enough spankings I'm betting she can be convinced to go anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
That's right! Beat me!

Wait a minute...
*beats Graus's ass*

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
CornSnake

I Thank you guys for the warm welcomes, I really appreciate it!! and to Renatus, I personally would love to be in Wisconsin but I simply do not have the funds to live there. That and my mom would have a histrionic fit if I was so far away.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
CornSnake

yes, I live in many sheds, my hunger knows no bounds.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
Spooky Spencer

Dinos, Gaiman, hoodies, comics, and scrubs?

Yeah, we can hang. Welcome to the depravity.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote