Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:20 PM   #1
Kraven de Sade

Feminism's double standard

This may be a political topic, but I feel like bitching about it, therefore it is here.

I'm sick of these uber-feminists. Or feminazis, if you please. How many times have people heard them say shit like "Men and women should be treated as equals," and yet, at the same time, when someone threatens to hit one of them (as they would hit a man), it suddenly becomes a case of "you can't hit me, I'm a girl!"

And then there's the stay-at-home-parent problem. If a woman stays at home to take of the kid(s), she's repressed. If a man stays home to take of the kid(s), he's a lazy bum. Likewise, if the woman goes out and gets a good job and pays the bills while the man stays home, she's empowered. But if a man goes out and gets a good job and pays the bills while the woman stays home, he's a misogynist.

Then there's the idea that all domestic abuse is the man's fault. If a woman is the victim of DA, it's because the man beat her up. If the man is the victim of DA, it's because the man beat the woman so hard and so long that the woman finally got fed up with it and beat the man up. Half the time, it's not even considered that a man or a woman who was the victim of DA was involved in a same-sex relationship.

And don't forget about no-fault divorces. A woman can claim no-fault, and expect at least half of the marital assets, and custody of the kids, even if she has no evidence against the man and the man has a butt-load of evidence against the woman. And why do women get custody of children? "Because women are better caretakers," and "it's for the sake of the children." In other words, the man could have all the evidence in the world that the mother is an abusive drug addict while the woman only has to state that she's a woman, and there's still a greater chance that she'll get custody.

**NOTE: Some of these statements may be over-reactive.**
Old 04-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
killer_asian_Dax

Oi! I feel you on that one. Women like that are actually one of the MAIN reasons I vehemently despise the female gender.

I would definitely consider myself a female male shauvenist.

Feminazis say, "Men and women should be treated as equals!"

I say, "Shut the fuck up and iron my shirt bitch!"

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
DarkHeartedDemoness

I really hate that there's no in-between.

Why can't I want equality and still have my daddy walk me down the aisle when I get married? I don't care if it's chauvinistic, and if it used to symbolize that a woman is a possession being handed from one man to another. That's not what it's about, to me, and I want my dad to walk me down the aisle. I want to shave my legs and my armpits, and to wear a bra. I want to cook dinner when I have company over. I want to iron my boyfriend's slacks on Finals week because I know it will help with his stress levels. I hate that these things that I want to do are considered signs of gender-betrayal by those stupid feminazi cunts.

If I'm doing what I want, how am I being repressed? How is that not empowering?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
Cicero

I agree with everything you said, Demoness. My dad will definitely be walking me down the aisle when I get married (and that's another thing feminazis seem to have a problem with... I actually do want to get married someday, probably to a *shockhorror* man!).

Shaving legs and armpits and wearing a bra has nothing to do with succumbing to sexism. In order to be 'equal' with men we shouldn't have to sacrifice our femininity.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 PM   #5
Kraven de Sade

Concerning having one's father walk them down the aisle, I wasn't even aware that that was an issue. Honestly, I'm apalled to learn such a thing. I mean, how a weding goes is entirely up to the happy couple, right? Rather than a sexist ideology...

As for the shaving various body parts, well, a lot of men these days are shaving those areas, so...
Old 04-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

I agree entirely.
Just yesterday in psychology I was seeing a video on social science.
A couple was fighting in a park.
When it was a white couple and the man was treating the woman badly to the point it seemed he was about to hit her, several people intervened; particularly women.
Under the same circumstances but with a black couple, the intervention was about as often, but rather than confronting the man, they told him to not do it in a public place (!)
And when it was a woman mistreating the man, no woman intervened, virtually all of them said they believed the man had it coming, and even one woman saw them, smiled, and did some Rocky-style pretend boxing, approving of a female-over-male attitude.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
Drake Dun

Humans crack me up.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I agree entirely.
Just yesterday in psychology I was seeing a video on social science.
A couple was fighting in a park.
When it was a white couple and the man was treating the woman badly to the point it seemed he was about to hit her, several people intervened; particularly women.
Under the same circumstances but with a black couple, the intervention was about as often, but rather than confronting the man, they told him to not do it in a public place (!)
And when it was a woman mistreating the man, no woman intervened, virtually all of them said they believed the man had it coming, and even one woman saw them, smiled, and did some Rocky-style pretend boxing, approving of a female-over-male attitude.
Yeah, I saw that, too. Anger...
Old 04-27-2007, 11:38 PM   #9
Drake Dun

By the way Kraven, what is the meaning of your signature line thingy?

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 05:15 AM   #10
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven de Sade
Concerning having one's father walk them down the aisle, I wasn't even aware that that was an issue. Honestly, I'm apalled to learn such a thing. I mean, how a weding goes is entirely up to the happy couple, right? Rather than a sexist ideology...
There's this mentality, “What is personal is still political.” I guess for those people who feel strongly enough about feminism, they would alter even personal things like this in order to be a different statistic, in order to set an example, in order to prove some sort of point.

I couldn't do it. Not with my wedding, and not with my father. I'm going to do quite a few unconventional things at my wedding, the least of which being excluding anything white, but I will be walking down the aisle next to my dad. I just wouldn't do it.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:20 AM   #11
Your Darkest Secret

It seems that femininity is OK when it gets you something - e.g. the good old 'you can't hit me I'm a girl' thing - but otherwise, if you don't want to burn your bra and are perfectly happy to stay at home with the kiddiwinks, you must of course be either repressed and depressed, beaten into submission or - horror of horrors - a FEMBOT.
Go figure.
Your Darkest Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:58 AM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

Yeah, I hate these women. They're always saying, "Women create life!" I will reply at that with, "Yeah? You and your girlfriend go have a baby, you stupid bitch."

Anyway, I love putting on an apron and making sure dinner is ready when my boyfriend comes home from work. It's not because he expects it, or because I feel like I have to, it's because it's the NICE THING TO DO. I should add, he would do the same for me, if it were me at work.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
By the way Kraven, what is the meaning of your signature line thingy?

Drake
It's just a quote from Agent Smith in one of the Matrix movies. The second one, I think. I liked it, so I use it as my signature.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #14
Kraven de Sade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
There's this mentality, “What is personal is still political.” I guess for those people who feel strongly enough about feminism, they would alter even personal things like this in order to be a different statistic, in order to set an example, in order to prove some sort of point.

I couldn't do it. Not with my wedding, and not with my father. I'm going to do quite a few unconventional things at my wedding, the least of which being excluding anything white, but I will be walking down the aisle next to my dad. I just wouldn't do it.
Like I said, it's entirely up to the happy couple. Of someone chooses to not have their father walk them down the aisle at their own wedding because of feminist ideals, well, it's their wedding, and their choice. I see nothing wrong with that. But it is wrong for other feminists to try to change that. It's not their wedding, so it's not their choice.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #15
Splintered

I still don't get feminism.
It's like sexism, only in reverse.

I understand woman's sufferage, and being equal and all that.
Hell, I'm for all of it.
Go ahead, work! More workers makes me, the communist, a happy camper.
More voters? The democrat in me smiles with joy everytime someone votes.

I will gladly help you with both of those.

But leave me and my lover(s) alone. We just wanna fuck in peace, without worrying if it's political correct to have one of us ontop.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 PM   #16
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Splintered? Wow! Is it just me or have you been gone a while? Welcome back!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #17
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
If feminazis were really about equal rights and the empowerment of women then why are they eliminating all need for women to have power by slaughtering all the places where they can express said power. Equal rights for individual women are personal issues, if women are given the lollypop road the entire way through they will end up weaker because of it. It has only been through the existance of obsticles that life in every form has moved forward. Without a need to use muscles they asphyxiate and become weaker. Humanity needs problems.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:55 PM   #18
Splintered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Splintered? Wow! Is it just me or have you been gone a while? Welcome back!
Thank you.

I had to leave because of personal issues, signing up for college classes, etc. So, it's slowly, slowly subsiding. I'm having free time again!

<i>If feminazis were really about equal rights and the empowerment of women then why are they eliminating all need for women to have power by slaughtering all the places where they can express said power. Equal rights for individual women are personal issues, if women are given the lollypop road the entire way through they will end up weaker because of it. It has only been through the existance of obsticles that life in every form has moved forward. Without a need to use muscles they asphyxiate and become weaker. Humanity needs problems.</i>

Riiiight.
Humanity needs problems.
Like Stalin.
And Mao.
And Hussein.

Humanity doesn't need problems in this respect. No one is purposing a lollipop road, that I know of. The main demands I know of, are women's suffrage, and economic equality.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #19
Renatus

Not to that extreme of course.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 04-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #20
Splintered

All I am saying is, we do not need to remake problems. We already create enough of our own.

"Oooh. Pretty coal engine... Oh shit, I burnt out the atmosphere".
Old 04-28-2007, 10:34 PM   #21
Renatus

Well of course old problems would do nothing to strengthen us.

Old 04-29-2007, 04:48 PM   #22
MollyMac

I kind of see feminism the way I see other cultures-

I may not agree, but if you are free to choose things for yourself, and make your decision, then it is not my business.

If you want your father to walk you down the aisle, perfect. That is a tradition you know and accept. Traditions change. Otherwise, he'd have a goat and a chicken with him as a dowry.

Not that you are nto worth more than a goat and a chicken. I'd pay two emus and a dozen yardbirds for a lass so damn fine. I;m just sayin'.

But seriously, I don't care for feminism.

"Special rights" are those rights coveted by the minority that are practiced by the majority. So, women demanding equal pay and homosexuals demanding the right to marry are "special rights".

I do not care for any treatment that is not across the board. I do not care for any inequity. We should all say the same words with the same weight, choose what traditions we wish to maintain for ourselves.

As to the double edged sword of feminism, yeah, it bites. It bites for guys also. Poor kids never know when to open a door or cover the tab, or when to back off and let you fix your own goddamn truck.

But as the norms change, so will the reactions.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:01 AM   #23
Heatherzilla

Feminism usually irritates me. I'm all for equal rights but seriously some people are taking things too far.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:40 AM   #24
littledeadthing

ok, there's some misconceptions and quick assumptions, in kind words.
Feminism concerns itself with attaining equal rights for women. Equal rights have been pretty much achieved to an extent now, but women still face the glass ceiling and discrimination at work, especially in Australia [paid maternity]. Feminists fought a valiant battle and have achieved great things for women, like actually being able to enter the workforce, vote [suffragettes] and break down the social constructions that have plagued women for centuries.
I agree, some feminists take things too far, like to be a real feminist you have to be a lesbian and anti-male behaviour. These women are a minority! And this 'double standards' talk..I don't know where that is stemming from. Perhaps you have encountered some women whom identify as feminists and then say the 'you cannot hit me!' shit. These women are again, a minority.
In my opinion, feminists of today should be primarily concerning themselves with the liberation of women in developing countries. The glass ceiling in Australia is breaking and near shattering, and women need not a constant blanket anymore (except for anti-discriminatory boards to prevent unfair dismissal due to pregnancy or possibility of pregnancy, and utter pay discrimination).
Over zealous feminists are counter-productive and should concern themselves with the oppression of women in developing countries instead of recreating negative connotations with women's rights.
End of rant
littledeadthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:42 AM   #25
MollyMac

Overzealous anythings are counter-productive.

Sadly, you never see anything but the illogical extremes. Us wacky moderates never seem to make the news.