Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

View Poll Results: New Name for Perkie Goffs
Stunning 1 16.67%
Rieki Over-Lords 1 16.67%
Edgar Allen Poe 1 16.67%
The One I Wanted to Date 2 33.33%
Bubble Man Troopers (BMT's) 0 0%
Answers 0 0%
Love 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #26
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica View Post
Catch - reinventing an entire subculture, clothes, names and all.

Catch, you aren't even capable of dressing yourself properly. You'd make a hash of getting into a body bag.
Let's hope she at least gets there eventually...

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #27
Catch

Okay fine, but "mall goth" is just a term from SLC Punk for "mall punks." Nothing in Goth opposes being superfical or buying your religion.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #28
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Okay fine, but "mall goth" is just a term from SLC Punk for "mall punks." Nothing in Goth opposes being superfical or buying your religion.
It's roots in punk do.

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Old 03-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #29
Bete Noire

Quote:
Proof that not all opinions are equal...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #30
Catch

It would be nice if more people shared their opinions as their own opinions, instead of, trying to back their arguement with the whole Goth Culture. I will also do the same; however, the next post is always someone saying what Goths do or don't do.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #31
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
It would be nice if more people shared their opinions as their own opinions, instead of, trying to back their arguement with the whole Goth Culture. I will also do the same; however, the next post is always someone saying what Goths do or don't do.
Catch, reading your posts makes me want to gouge my eyes and ears out and feed them to my little sister's gerbils so as not to punish them anymore.

Just listen to the majority of Gnet and stop.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #32
Bete Noire

Quote:
the next post is always someone saying what Goths do or don't do.
You're the one re-defining everything in goth in a desperate attempt to cast the fishnet web far enough to encompass you as you hide under your rock of delusion.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #33
Catch

I didn't start it. However, yes I'm guilty. Either way, I'm getting tired of it. Seems like the people who are most liberal and delluted with media slogans are taking over and it's really bothering me.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 PM   #34
Bete Noire

Quote:
I didn't start it. However, yes I'm guilty. Either way, I'm getting tired of it. Seems like the people who are most liberal and delluted with media slogans are taking over and it's really bothering me.
I didn't say you started it, I just pointed out that you weren't blame-free.
At least using a term like "mall-goth" is reasonably accurate.

Dragging the skin-flaps of the term "goth" waaay out so that you can hide under their shadow is a little different.

I am intrigued though - what is goth to you??
Old 03-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #35
Catch

Artistry, suffering, depression, supernatural, openess, fantasy, modern, technology and other keywords.

Unforetunately, it is also a culture that is totally blind to the fact that have isolated themselves, become kin to awful things and will eventually end up like rockers who primarily work in the sex industry, because there is no community bond.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #36
Catch

What do you think Goth is?
Old 03-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #37
Tam Li Hua

Catch: I think you need to read a little history of what was going on in the late '60s to find out what started the hippie movement in the first place.

Hippies making barriers? Seriously? They were the ones trying to break them down with peace, love, and weed...
Old 03-17-2009, 04:04 PM   #38
Duane

The name is fine the way it is.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #39
Alarica

Quote:
What do you think Goth is?
Not you, that's for sure.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #40
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua View Post
Catch: I think you need to read a little history of what was going on in the late '60s to find out what started the hippie movement in the first place.

Hippies making barriers? Seriously? They were the ones trying to break them down with peace, love, and weed...
"the man," "sellout," "don't trust anyone over thirty," and "your vote doesn't matter," yep people trying to control the masses and give up their individuality. They also attacked soldiers returning from the war, though recognizing that soldiers didn't start the wars and are victims already.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:22 PM   #41
Tam Li Hua

Catch: Well, when 'the man' was Nixon, they had a lot to worry about, "sellout" I don't think has anything to do with hippies, "don't trust anyone over thirty" died out with Woodstock, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure that our votes -do- matter, and I'm certainly not a hippie.

Also, I think you're taking hippies and flower children faaaaaar to seriously.

Edit: Also, I've never heard anything about hippies "controlliing the masses" or trying to make folks "give up their individuality", much less about attacking soldiers coming home from the war.

What history book are you getting this out of?
Old 03-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #42
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian View Post
You people are actually trying to be rational with Catch?
Good point.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM   #43
Pyre

Quote:
Artistry, suffering, depression, supernatural, openess, fantasy, modern, technology and other keywords.

Unforetunately, it is also a culture that is totally blind to the fact that have isolated themselves, become kin to awful things and will eventually end up like rockers who primarily work in the sex industry, because there is no community bond.
I don't understand why "suffering" and "depression" are always associated with goth. They have NOTHING to do with being part of the Goth subculture. The only thing we suffer of is people like you who blatantly do not understand the subculture, and yet you not only believe you are part of it, but you try reforming and molding it to the same opinion as society. Also, supernatural and fantasy? What is supernatural or fantastic about being Goth? Maybe you are confusing them with vampires.

Mall goths are not real goths. Mall goths are typically Mansonites and avid Hot Topic fans. Hot Topic failed to try reproducing the culture of Goth and produced a bastardized version most common among young teens.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #44
Bete Noire

Quote:

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure the subculture isn't blind to the isolation. You just have to mention the word "goth" in most places to see that.

I'm also pretty sure that anyone who thinks that "supernatural, depression, fantasy, technology" and "suffering" are goth probably wants to go back and read the wiki article so often linked in the intro threads of those completely unfamiliar with the subculture.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:47 AM   #45
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:

You would be funny if you weren't so pathetic.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:08 AM   #46
Solumina

Do people seriously not get that Catch is a troll?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:26 AM   #47
Tam Li Hua

I'm not sure if she's exactly a troll. A troll purposely posts inane crap in order to get people riled up. Catch posts things that sound serious, but don't make any sense; a. k. a., I don't think she's inane and odd on purpose. I hope this isn't mean, but I honestly think that Catch has some serious emotional and mental problems.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #48
Solumina

She was banned from gnet (mainly for being a crazy bitch) and came back as Catch to troll. I recall her even admitting to being a troll she since "reformed" and changed into the strange, attention whoring thing that we know today.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #49
Tam Li Hua

Solumina: Ahh. I wasn't aware of that. If I may ask, who was she before?
Old 03-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #50
Pyre

Catch doesn't rile us up, however. We just kick her around like nobody's business.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote