Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 AM   #3651
Fruitbat

I can't play anymore on g.net... I have to work

stop cheering you custards!

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:27 PM   #3652
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoluhread View Post
Get an @d-bl*ck
Just a friendly piece of advice. It is against the rules here (literally, you can go read it in the FAQ's) to make such a recommendation. You might get warned (if the Admin likes you well enough) or you could be banned.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM   #3653
Ben Lahnger

"An eye for an eye isn't really a functional policy in an environment where everyone wears helmets." -- Deathstar PR

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #3654
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
"An eye for an eye isn't really a functional policy in an environment where everyone wears helmets." -- Deathstar PR
That really does make a ton of sense. Think about it.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:58 AM   #3655
Grausamkeit

Today my Psych assignment was due at 11:59am. I got it turned in about 5 seconds before 12p! HAhahahaha!

I got a passing score on my last assignment, but wasn't as thorough as the teacher would have liked(are they professors in college or teachers?) so I got extremely thorough on this one and even did an anal probe on that bitch! If the teacher's gonna make me be more 'thorough' she's gonna be in for some serious reading.

My English reading is done, I did it yesterday before Math. We ended up doing our math homework in class so all I have to do is the online lab(and print it out sometime before class next week). I need to start reading my second chapter for Psych and review my English in the next couple of days and I'm done for a bit.

I'm only taking 3 classes, so it's not a huge accomplishment to do well at this point.

I also had to buy a huge freaking book/lab package yesterday because this teacher doesn't understand that the whole freaking book is already online for the class to use! :roll: At least I can sell the labcode package back to the bookstore since it's unopened.
Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #3656
Catch

I have the worst sunburn. It is like all over and itches so bad. I'm definitely going to peel.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 AM   #3657
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
I have the worst sunburn. It is like all over and itches so bad. I'm definitely going to peel.
moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

Aloe Vera gel is great.. I think tomatoes are supposed to be good on sunburn, but stay away from anything with too much petrochemical crap because it will hurt.

And when youv'e done that...

hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #3658
Ami

I might not have to repeat one of my mathematics modules - which would be very good. Although it would've been better if I was never in a position where that would be a possibility.
Ami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:24 PM   #3659
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
When you peel off the old skin, by chance, would a new and better you emerge. Like some kind of painful cocoon? I'd hope so.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #3660
MissCheyenne

I'm trying to remember the name of a type of toy I had when I was younger (early to late 80's) and I can't and it's annoying me hugely.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #3661
Murder.Of.Crows

what did it do? I mean do you remember what the toy was like?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 PM   #3662
MissCheyenne

It was a plasticy/rubber toy, a pink or purple snail that had long hair and a brush (to brush the hair obviously). There was also a big plastic key thingy that opened its shell bit so you could put things inside it. I can't for the fucking life of me remember what they were called.

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #3663
Murder.Of.Crows

This thing?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #3664
MissCheyenne

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #3665
Murder.Of.Crows

Lol, Keypers, "Fancy The Snail" version. I've gotta say, I've never even seen these before...
Old 06-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #3666
MissCheyenne

Are you even old enough to have seen them? :P. Man, 80's toys were the BEST.

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #3667
Murder.Of.Crows

I was a baby. But i think I'd have to agree with you on the 80's, or at least i'll meet you half way and say early 90's.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 PM   #3668
honeythorn

I had that snail keeper too! I think it's gone now though. I had a mister frosty, and an a la cart kitchen as well ^___^

The one thing I desperately wanted and never got, was a battery operated toy Slimer from Ghostbusters
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #3669
Grausamkeit

For the past few days I've been scanning the local SPCA site looking for potential new family members. As I was looking at all of these cats it struck me that street cats don't look nearly as healthy and well-fed as a lot of the cats they've recently taken in(I haven't been looking for kittens). So either they are getting people's lost pets or people are giving up these poor animals that families took in and then gave up like they were nothing.

Why would people take in a pet in the first place if they are not willing to keep them regardless of circumstances? I am one of those 'pets are forever' people. I take the responsibility of pet ownership seriously and if money got tight I would have to make some sacrifices to make sure that my children and pets had food in their bellies. I don't understand the mindset of people who think that giving up family members is an option in life.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #3670
Saya

Tell me about it. What my sister was on my case earlier for was that my mom bought two pugs for a lot of money, after I sent her picture after picture of homeless dogs who need adopting. Including pure bred chihuahuas, which she loves, I think she views shelter animals as "broken" somehow. Anyway, I wasn't too sad about that, she bought them from a lady who just didn't want them anymore, but didn't want to take them to a shelter (and make a thousand dollars on them, of course).

What we were arguing about was that mom wants to breed them, and my sister is particularly pushing her to do it so she can take a puppy. She has no time for a puppy, and I can't see mom putting up with them, taking care of all of them until she can find homes, and then making sure they go to good homes, you know? I'm pretty sure she just wants to do it to make up for the money she spent on the dogs.

I didn't even say all that, I just said "I rather we'd adopt an older dog", because I know since I'm home far more often than her that I'd be stuck with taking care of them and I like dogs, but I'm not prepared to take care of a puppy and train it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #3671
Grausamkeit

I'm reminded of talking to my cousin who had taken in a pitbull that had been abused. She and her husband found his nephew(19y.o.) beating this poor thing and told him that they were taking ownership of her. She was a very sweet little thing, too. Pits get a bad rap because of people of who fight them(GRRR!), but they are good dogs for people who have the type of energy they need in a companion. Anyway, I was talking to my cousin, asking when they were going to take her in to get her vax and spayed and she told me that they were going to breed her! This poor puppy that had been abused and was barely a year old! I had to bite my tongue nearly in half to keep from starting an arguement about that.

I am very much against backyard breeding and very outspoken against it in my family. I think that one of the most loving things people can do for their pets is get them fixed so that they are not potentially running the streets in heat(or spraying the house!).

There's nothing wrong with an older animal. I would prefer a mellow pet who is a year or two old over a puppy or kitten. I have all the time in the world since I'm currently a SAHM, but I just don't want to have to deal with that bullshit. Some people don't realize how many purebred animals come through shelters and adoption places. I don't know why there is a bias against shelter animals.

There's also a bias against animals that aren't puppies or kittens(fine with me! The pets I want will likely still be available when I have the adoption money in hand soon). Guess what? Those 'cute lil babies' are far more likely to rip up your favorite pair of shoes or piece of wardrobe than an older animal.

If I can I'm going to trick my husband into letting me take home 2 cats. ^_^ I miss having cats around the house.

Saya, if your mom is lazy your best bet is to convince her of how much work it is to breed the dogs, then take car of the puppies, and what if nobody wants them(?) then you'll be stuck with more dogs to feed....etc.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #3672
Saya

Yeah, I plan to have a talk with her about it, I just don't like arguing on the phone, she's coming in town with them this week so I'll see her soon. I have a feeling she's going to feel really overwhelmed with two dogs once the novelty wears off anyway, hopefully she'll realize what a big commitment it is before puppies are on the way.

I'm actually planning on adopting a kitten soon XD I do like older cats better, but my current kitty likes kittens better than adult cats, so we're hoping if its a kitten they'll bond more easily. All our furniture is scratched to shit already XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #3673
Grausamkeit

If your older cat likes kittens, then more power to ya!

Pugs are also a potential money pit considering vet bills. And you can't pin them outside because dogs with smooshed faces are at a higher risk for heat stroke. Pugs also have nasal problems sometimes.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #3674
MissCheyenne

All our past cats and dogs, apart from two, came from shelters. The two that didn't, one was bought as a puppy from someone who didn't want him and the other, we took from a neighbour when he was around one years old because they were beating and starving him in order to make him as vicious and bad tempered as their other dog ( we couldn't take the older dog because he was too nasty but my mum did report them for abusing him).

I am your slice of pie
Old 06-11-2011, 05:31 AM   #3675
Murder.Of.Crows

People like that make me sick. Cool that you were able to save one of the dogs though.