Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #3201
carakitty

Wolfie- All of a sudden I heard her little voice and asked her if she was singing along, just to be sure. Guess it was turned up a leettle loud and she said ya then I was grinning ear to ear!!!

My happiness for today? Well tonight actually... SNOW!!! Just got back from walking the dog with little snowflakes falling all over us. I love the snow! I love the cold air freezing my nose hairs off and bundling up with my cat hat-scarf. I love wanting to come inside as soon as possible yet relishing every moment while out. I love holding and slowly drinking a mug full of hot goodness. And, I think I shall have a mug of hot Sleepytime Extra tea in the next few minutes or so
Old 10-25-2011, 11:40 PM   #3202
Kasdeja

PD.com gave me another little gem:
"Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!"

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:03 AM   #3203
† ÐJ Ðårk †

It would make my day (blah) to get some answer from admin(s), who I've contacted days ago asking educately some simple n00bie questions they didn't already explain in a way a foreigner (<-- notice "foreigner", there's life outside US) n00b can reach EASILY (<--- notice caps). That would make this site different, but... nobody was expecting that.

BTW, not everyone are as SMART as you, but some are EXPERIENCED enough to put our interest where it deserves to be. Where LACK OF EDUCATION is a minus... get the point?

Now make fun of me or what the hell causes you an e-gasm, enjoy it and repeat it as many times you can before go to the doc, then share it with your close friends and have a good orgy, careful with priapism. Invite neighbors. Bonobo's way.

What a pity, guys. Good design, acceptable contents, null management. No news under the moon.

Bye. Adiós.

PS: Could you be nice enough to delete, block, fuck, fire my account? Go, use your cool button, please... that'd be the start of a new e-gasm... thank you. And learn basic education and/or netiquette, it's useful to be a good admin and not a wannabe.
† ÐJ Ðårk † is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #3204
carakitty

Hey! Before you leave, please let us know what the problem was. Maybe one of us can help?

I Will be sad to see you leave
Old 10-29-2011, 02:20 PM   #3205
(heartofflames)

It's fucking snowing outside like it's december.
Will make my day when these little freshmen realize snow is in New Hampshire is not actually as fun and worh their shrieking as they think it is.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #3206
Grausamkeit

Kill them with flaming nerf....damn snow-squee-ers!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #3207
wolf moon

Today was like 68 in Atlanta. I feel like something is definitely broken.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:05 PM   #3208
Solumina

Finding out that A) my work schedule will allow me to go to Doom and Gloom for the first time in almost a year B) that Jake's work schedule will allow him to attend and C) they are having a special Day of the Dead theme have all combined to make my day (and will also make my night on Tuesday).
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #3209
CuckooTuli

Gaining a provisional expression of interest for an article I pitched to Bitch magazine.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #3210
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Gaining a provisional expression of interest for an article I pitched to Bitch magazine.
That is badass! Let us know if they pick it up?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:22 AM   #3211
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
That is badass! Let us know if they pick it up?
For sure! It's still the early stages of discussion at the moment, and I'm still working on the writing sample they requested, so there's still a good chanace it won't.

I have a hard drive full of articles and rants, but most of them are on comedy, British politics and other such not-quite-suitable stuff. So I figured I'd tear American Beauty apart. That film always put a bug up my arse when it came to the gendering of uselessness.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:25 AM   #3212
CuckooTuli

Seeing Jeffrey Lewis, and meeting Seth Faergolzia after an awesome supporting performance. He was lovely - really genuinely nice guy.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:34 PM   #3213
Beowulf

Finding a really cool book on Egyptian and middle eastern mythology for 2 pounds (4 US dollars) !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #3214
carakitty

This was one of today's highlights...

It's a mocha. I made it all by meself @ my kitchen. It was delicious. Scheming for tomorrow's drink has already been done. Contemplating doing a "Coffee of the Day" photo project.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #3215
Beowulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by carakitty View Post
This was one of today's highlights...

It's a mocha. I made it all by meself @ my kitchen. It was delicious. Scheming for tomorrow's drink has already been done. Contemplating doing a "Coffee of the Day" photo project.
Kitty, that mocha looks awesome !!!.

Old 11-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #3216
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
For sure! It's still the early stages of discussion at the moment, and I'm still working on the writing sample they requested, so there's still a good chanace it won't.

I have a hard drive full of articles and rants, but most of them are on comedy, British politics and other such not-quite-suitable stuff. So I figured I'd tear American Beauty apart. That film always put a bug up my arse when it came to the gendering of uselessness.
I'm rooting for you! I will totes buy the issue if they put it in the magazine and write in on how much I liked it.

I should start doing that. We had to write fake pitch letters to feminist magazines for an assignment recently, I wanted to write one to Bitch but we had to base it on the articles we've read so far on feminist theory and I couldn't find one. I ended up doing one for a Canadian fem magazine called Herizons, and I got an A. At least he thinks I can actually do stuff like that instead of sitting on the side of the road with a "WILL EXEGETE FOR FOOD" sign after I get my degree XD
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #3217
carakitty

Thanks, Beo This evening I shaved some chocolate for future masterpieces.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #3218
CarrionCorpse

Got paid from the cleaners today with two hefty checks. AND I get paid from the Halloween store (where I work wayyyyy more hours) next Friday. $$$!!
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #3219
Beowulf

Getting my beloved 1986 Charvel Model 6 guitar back from the music shop with nice new Seymour Duncan neck pick ups which make it sound very awesome indeed !!!.

Also Fields Of The Nephilim are interviewed in this months Terrorizer magazine (in the bi monthly Dominion supplement, which caters for all things Goth/Industrial/Darkwave and cool stuff like that) !!!.

very chuffed !!!.

Old 11-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #3220
Geoluhread

Today I bought great pants. I only have two pairs of pants.

It's a bit hard to find ones that cover the entire ass region without looking horrible.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 PM   #3221
Alan

DUDE! Dude. You guys better fucking read this and not just slide through it like most other posts. I'm so god damn happy.

Yesterday I was talking with the chair of the philosophy department here at a party. Turns out he's good friends with philosopher Antonio Negri.
Not only that, but he asked me if I would consider studying my PhD with him. Antonio Negri, one of the most well-versed philosophers in Deleuze and one of the, if not THE, most influential voices in modern communism! My professor tells me that knowing him and knowing me, Negri would definitely take me under his wing.

I might study my PhD under Negri!!
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #3222
MissCheyenne

That's really brilliant Alan. Chances like that don't come around very often and it's so good that it's something you have a geniune passion for. I'm really happy for you

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM   #3223
Grausamkeit

Jill, that is great fucking news! It must be a dream realized to be taken under the wing of one of your heroes! CONGRATU-FUCKING-LATIONS!!!!

Does that satisfy your neediness?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #3224
Beowulf

Finally finding a copy of Joes Apartment on DVD (which now replaces my well worn VHS copy) !!!.

Joes Apartment trailer

Awesome film !!!.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #3225
Miss Absynthe

I just received a text message from my store manager (who is at a Book Manager's Conference at the moment) to tell me that our store had tied for first place within our company. He sent the text to thank me for the hard work that I'd put in this year.

Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote