Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
raggedyanne

I'm baaaaack!

So I just rediscovered my account after a year or two of inactivity. Gosh, look how things have changed round here! After surviving my teenage years, I am glad to announce that I'm an overworked psych major who still writes poetry in her spare time (hah, what is spare time?). Also, I wanted to give a quick shout out to any older members who remember some of the posts of my angsty youth; thank you for your patience!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #2
Grausamkeit

Who are you, again?

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #3
raggedyanne

lol, exactly! It has been so long.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I remember you! How is your baby daughter? Well I suppose she is a toddler now, she must be at least 3 years old by now. Is her dad still part of your life?
Welcome back.

Here are some pictures of you circa 2008:

https://www.gothic.net/boards/pictur...&pictureid=373

https://www.gothic.net/boards/album.php?albumid=46

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
raggedyanne

Hello again! She is three and a half and doing very well. She lives with her adoptive parents just a bus ride away from where I'm attending college, so I get to see her all the time. I realized a bit too late that my relationship with her father was less than healthy. He and I do not have contact anymore and to my knowledge he hasn't visited her in a while. It makes me sad, because I had hoped she would have both of us in her life, but from what I've heard of him lately, his absence might be for the best.

Oh my goodness. I was so young! Those pictures, wow, the things the internet holds on to. I can only facepalm at so many things from that time period. So much facepalming.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne View Post
Hello again! She is three and a half and doing very well. She lives with her adoptive parents just a bus ride away from where I'm attending college, so I get to see her all the time. I realized a bit too late that my relationship with her father was less than healthy. He and I do not have contact anymore and to my knowledge he hasn't visited her in a while. It makes me sad, because I had hoped she would have both of us in her life, but from what I've heard of him lately, his absence might be for the best.

Oh my goodness. I was so young! Those pictures, wow, the things the internet holds on to. I can only facepalm at so many things from that time period. So much facepalming.
Ah, then post a current picture of yourself!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #7
raggedyanne

The links keep breaking!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
raggedyanne

Aww, it won't let me upload pics! http://www.flickr.com/photos/7121996...n/photostream/
Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
Grausamkeit

^That's cute!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
raggedyanne

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7121996...n/photostream/
Old 12-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
^That's cute!
Thanks! I've been helping a friend with some photography stuff. I'm not quite model build, but he makes me look pretty Now I just need to get my good clothes dry-cleaned (yay, college schedule) for better shoots with cooler clothes
Old 12-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #12
Grausamkeit

You don't have to look like a model to look good. Beautiful women come in all shapes and sizes.

....not men, though, they have to be ripped!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #13
Corpsey

I definitely remember you. Seems like you're growing up fine without too much of your past dragging you down. ^^

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #14
Grausamkeit

*HUGZ*Corpsey

Old 12-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
Corpsey

Hug squeeeeeee!

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #16
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
*HUGZ*Corpsey
I definitely second the hugs! Big hugs! And guys come in all shapes and sizes too! Not all guys have to be ripped to be hot! Giant teddy-bear vikings are quite nice as well! I'm having fun with life, getting my degree in forensic psychology, putting out a chapbook of my poetry, doing some belly dance, and flying airplanes!!! I even went to Death Guild, but between lack of transportation and being a bit of a wimp, i haven't been more than twice.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:16 AM   #17
Grausamkeit

I just said that to get a rise out of Versus, but I guess he didn't see it.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #18
raggedyanne

Lol; Awwwwwwww!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #19
Beowulf

Hello and welcome back !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
Hello and welcome back !!!.
Thanks you! I missed the people on these forums
Old 12-02-2011, 10:26 PM   #21
Solumina

Welcome back, I'm happy to learn that things seem to be going rather well for you. What made you want to go into forensic psychology?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
raggedyanne

I am incredibly interested in how people think and what leads people to commit crimes. I am also interested in counseling victims of **** and abuse as well. Cause and effect has always made me curious; it's the "why" of it all. My area of interest, specifically, is a bit Freudian. How do people's early life experiences influence their later criminal behavior? How do you treat a psychopath? How do you treat the victim of a psychopath when there is no good answer to give the victim of why their attacker would want to hurt them? It's interesting. I love it! A bit morbid . . . eh.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #23
Solumina

Interesting, do you know what you want to do with it?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #24
raggedyanne

I'm going to apply for an FBI behavioral studies unit internship after I get my BA, and then see what my options are after completing my PhD. So much school!
Old 12-03-2011, 01:50 AM   #25
Miss Absynthe

I'm also doing a Criminology/Psych degree, although my plans change each time I do a new subject. I originally wanted to work with the Australian Federal Police doing some profiling of sex offenders, concentrating on child SO. But I also want to research.

Although now, I am totally enamored with the idea of concentrating on psycho-linguistics and getting into threat assessment.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote