Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
AgiosOSatanas

Fucking Bullshit this is...

I hate my god damn parents. They already make my life a living hell as it is. But now, to make things worse, they fucking decided that its time to fucking move to fucking Tennessee! I ask them why and they tell me: "Oh its so beautiful down there and Tennessee is a beautiful state and we just need to get out of this place anyway". Fuck that. They dont give me any valid reason on why I should throw my life away just to fucking sight see. My best friend who ive known since I was 3 years old is sure his family would take me in if i didnt want to go. But my mom wants to be a complete asshole and force me down there and completly throw away everything that matters to me including my girlfriend, my good close friends, my orchestra(i checked the high school that i am supposed to be going to and they dont have one!!),and everything else thats ever mattered to me up here. I hate them. I hope they fucking burn in hell with tennessee going to hell with them. FUCK IM PISSED.
AgiosOSatanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #2
Solumina

Your family is moving, get over it
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
AgiosOSatanas

If you had shit that actually matters in life and had plans for the future and you were moving a bazillion miles away im pretty damn sure you be pissed off too.Especially when you have no say in it what so ever and your giving everything up for absolutley nothing.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #4
CrimsonPythonidae

Are you wishing death on your parents? That's pretty nasty stuff. Moving is exciting! I wish my parents had moved me around more when I was growing up . . Would've been awesome, different people, different places, new things to see and learn about. May have learned a lot more about life a lot sooner.

Cheer up champ, you'll be right. Probably a good thing you're so pessimistic though, if it turns out to be shit where you're going, you won't be dissapointed.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 AM   #5
AgiosOSatanas

Im excited about it but its more of the i hope that day never comes excited. Hell id be happy to move there if my girlfriends parents let her move there with us. My mom doesnt care at all. But hers are strict as hell. Leaving someone behind that you love and care for and you ve been going out for years is something id rather not do. -_-
Old 02-12-2009, 01:27 AM   #6
Solumina

If your girlfriend and friends mean so much to you then you don't have to give them up. Sure long distance relationships (romantic or otherwise) take some work but they aren't impossible. My best friend moved to California after our freshmen year of high school and we are still damn good friends so stop bitching about how your parents are making you give up the people you care about.

As for orchestra have you actually bothered to look beyond school? A lot of southern school systems don't have the money for things like orchestra (though most have multiple bands, not just drumline and marching band) so look into the community and see if there is an existing community music program, if not then start one. If you care that much about it then do what it takes to keep it a part of your life, don't just bitch, especially when you aren't exactly friends with many members.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 AM   #7
jack_the_knife

Oh come on man. It's hardly like your incapable of making friends. You'll probably meet new people in Tennessee anyway. And if you're friends from wherever you are now are real friends , then they'll make sure to stay in touch with you anyway. I'm sure you're just overreacting a bit.

Edit: It's not like Indiana is fantastic anyway.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 AM   #8
Geoluhread

How old are you?
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #9
Cicero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgiosOSatanas
If you had shit that actually matters in life and had plans for the future and you were moving a bazillion miles away im pretty damn sure you be pissed off too.Especially when you have no say in it what so ever and your giving everything up for absolutley nothing.
Hahaha, this is great. Another state in the SAME COUNTRY is a 'bazillion miles away' and oh-so-awful.

Try this on for size: my best friends, from childhood, highschool, etc, are scattered across the globe in such a fashion that the minimum travel time and expense to reach just ONE of them would be 22 hours (in the air, not including stopovers) and about $2000. I miss them terribly, but we're STILL FRIENDS. And at the end of the day, I have a free place to stay if ever I visit their corners' of the earth.

So get over it, and for fucks sake stop bitching about your parents. It makes you look like a whiny brat.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #10
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
I hate my god damn parents.
So do I. I think you should go back in time about twenty years and kill them.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 AM   #11
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Hahaha, this is great. Another state in the SAME COUNTRY is a 'bazillion miles away' and oh-so-awful.

Try this on for size: my best friends, from childhood, highschool, etc, are scattered across the globe in such a fashion that the minimum travel time and expense to reach just ONE of them would be 22 hours (in the air, not including stopovers) and about $2000. I miss them terribly, but we're STILL FRIENDS. And at the end of the day, I have a free place to stay if ever I visit their corners' of the earth.

So get over it, and for fucks sake stop bitching about your parents. It makes you look like a whiny brat.
I just realized I read all your posts in an Australian accent...
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:11 AM   #12
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
Edit: It's not like Indiana is fantastic anyway.
Indiana is a waste of oxygen. Seriously, I went to school in Indiana for a month. Within walking distance of my school in that month there were 6 meth lab explosions and 3 Klan cross burnings.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
Alarica

Quote:
I hate my god damn parents.
I hate mine too. They bring me into this world, feed me and clothe me then have the audacity to want the best for me and make me see my faults when I fuck up. Damn them to hell. And now I have borne them grandchildren they DARE to be supportive and accepting of the way I live my life. I dont know whats wrong with people these days.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #14
Tam Li Hua

I think you'll be okay, dude; stop freaking out.

If your friends are true and you and your girl are meant to be, then no amount of distance will dissolve your relationships with them. Also, the South is actually quite musical, so I would -definitely- look into a local orchestra program to see if there's anything you can get involved in. [I live in Alabama, and my Dad has been a member of the MSO for several years.]
Old 02-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #15
JCC

Yeah, normally when people complain about their parents, the shit that they get from members is justified, but this time it seems like you're criticising just because you're used to it. "They're your parents, they're only moving you away from your entire life, stop whining". This isn't just "my mom wouldn't buy me a Che t-shirt", they are uprooting his entire life with no consideration for him and his thoughts.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
Alarica

Forces kids dont have a choice. They deal with it. My best friend when I was little was a forces brat. Literally over a weekend his parents had to move from Scotland to Germany. He didnt even get time to say goodbye or get peoples addresses. We got in contact again a few years ago and are still great friends, despite our lifestyles being complete opposites. I was uprooted a lot too, and we didnt have the internet then. We had the telephone and pen and paper. If his parents think its for the best, thats their call.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:48 AM   #17
Necrophagist

Amen to that Agios, amen to that.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yeah, normally when people complain about their parents, the shit that they get from members is justified, but this time it seems like you're criticising just because you're used to it. "They're your parents, they're only moving you away from your entire life, stop whining". This isn't just "my mom wouldn't buy me a Che t-shirt", they are uprooting his entire life with no consideration for him and his thoughts.
And while that sucks, it's no reason to hate your parents.
People move all the time.

Also, you have no evidence they have no concern for him. The kid is angry, so why would he tell us that his mom said she'd drive him back every summer to see them, or that his dad held him while he cried when he learned he was moving away from his girlfriend?

Also, ever consider that his parents may be desperate? Another thing the kid wouldn't have said, or might not even know, is that his parents might be forced because of money. This is happening in the US now--people are moving to places where it's cheaper to live because our economy is getting fucking scary.

One of my best friends had to move to Kentucky because his family was too poor to keep his house, and he had family to stay with down there.
Maybe this is a similar situation.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
gothicusmaximus

Sure, the proper response here isn't "HOLY SHIT THE INJUSTICE WANT ME TO HELP YOU KILL YOUR PARENTS", but it isn't "WAAHH WAAAHH WANT ME TO CALL THE WAAAMBULANCE YOU WHINY LITTLE BABY WHY DO YOU LIKE YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOUR HOBBIES WHEN YOU COULD JUST GET NEW ONES" either.

You people piss the shit out of me sometimes. This is the "whining" forum, it exists so to provide a place for members to complain about things that are legitimately upsetting and commiserate with others-- yet you chastise the OP for WHINING about something that you yourselves acknowledge as a bummer. From where do you derive the absurd audacity to pretend that you wouldn't be upset if this happened to you?
That you'd attempt to assert that the OP's frustration isn't justified by saying that others are worse off is ridiculous. Next time one of you makes a thread about your computer being broken, your dumb slut of a 'girlfriend' cheating on you, or your fat rolls, I'm going to reply "BITCH BITCH BITCH WHINE WHINE WHINE AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT STARVING AND DYING OF AIDS THAT YOU CONTRACTED FROM THE BREAST MILK OF YOUR NOW ROTTING MOTHER".
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Sure, the proper response here isn't "HOLY SHIT THE INJUSTICE WANT ME TO HELP YOU KILL YOUR PARENTS", but it isn't "WAAHH WAAAHH WANT ME TO CALL THE WAAAMBULANCE YOU WHINY LITTLE BABY WHY DO YOU LIKE YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOUR HOBBIES WHEN YOU COULD JUST GET NEW ONES" either.

You people piss the shit out of me sometimes. This is the "whining" forum, it exists so to provide a place for members to complain about things that are legitimately upsetting and commiserate with others-- yet you chastise the OP for WHINING about something that you yourselves acknowledge as a bummer. From where do you derive the absurd audacity to pretend that you wouldn't be upset if this happened to you?
That you'd attempt to assert that the OP's frustration isn't justified by saying that others are worse off is ridiculous. Next time one of you makes a thread about your computer being broken, your dumb slut of a 'girlfriend' cheating on you, or your fat rolls, I'm going to reply "BITCH BITCH BITCH WHINE WHINE WHINE AT LEAST YOU'RE NOT STARVING AND DYING OF AIDS THAT YOU CONTRACTED FROM THE BREAST MILK OF YOUR NOW ROTTING MOTHER".
It's the "Whining Forum," but it isn't the "Place for Whining Where We Don't Bust Your Balls for it and Coddle you Forum."
Old 02-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #21
gothicusmaximus

There is no reason to bust his balls over this. Unless you think becoming angry for a legitimate reason and posting things you almost certainly don't mean on gothic.net is the mark of a contemptible deficiency in self-control.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

Gothicus, I think that the kid has a right to a certain amount of anger, but at the same time, I think most of us believe he's over-reacting.

Being pissed about leaving one's entire life without a justifiable reason is understandable. Cursing your parents and everyone in a different state to burn in hell because of it is not.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #23
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
There is no reason to bust his balls over this.
Boredom?
Fun?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #24
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Gothicus, I think that the kid has a right to a certain amount of anger, but at the same time, I think most of us believe he's over-reacting.

Being pissed about leaving one's entire life without a justifiable reason is understandable. Cursing your parents and everyone in a different state to burn in hell because of it is not.
What? That's entirely understandable. A teenager got upset and said immature shit as a result. Within a three block radius of my apartment, 70 individual teenagers have probably gotten upset and said stupid shit they'll eventually regret in the time it took me to write this post.
Your reply was actually a good example of what I'd view to be the proper response-- "That sucks man, but I'm sure it won't be so bad". There's a substantial difference between that and "QUIT BITCHING AND GET OVER IT I HAD A FRIEND WHOSE FRIEND'S FRIEND MOVED!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oph
Boredom?
Fun?
I only have fun when I'm right.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #25
Tam Li Hua

But...but...immature teens are so easily provoked. It's hard not to poke them with sticks.