Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #101
Virulent Dryad

I like to think that along with the "intelligent" number if there is no common sense and no wisdom, you really aren't anything special. Like you said, there's a popular definition of intelligence which is grossly overrated. Then there's true intelligence, which doesn't necessarily come in a IQ number.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #102
Ben Lahnger

They say "Age ain't nothing but a number." Or, as I like to put it, it's not the years, it's the mileage that matters.

I think the same thing applies to any measurement of intelligence. It's not the number that matters, but the usage.

And god knows I've met some hyper-intelligent dullards.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote