Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
CharlesMansonIncarnate

I am, at this moment, depressed.

Fighting a nagging depression, that I really can't explain, beyond the chance that I am possibly manic, I am going to do the whole introduction thing while I am on my lunch break at work.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
For the most part, I obsess over books and online resources, in pursuit of learning. I enjoy learning new things, it is what I love. When I'm not immersed in reading, I am either sleeping, working, or doing vocals for my band Blood Shed (death/black/thrash metal). I don't really read fiction books...I have read some non-fiction books, that while trying to remain in the truth, stray pretty deep into the fictitious, referring to a lot of the more occult books I read. I am mainly into philosophy, but also very much interested in the occult, namely the so called "dark arts"...which remain "dark" because they have yet to be pulled into the light of society, which, at the moment, I am completely comfortable with.

2. Where are you from?
Born and raised in Ypsilanti Michigan.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Frederick Nietzsche
Anton LaVey
Leilah Wendell
Michael W. Ford

4. What are your favorite films?
Evil Dead
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Blood on Satans Claw
Satanis: The Devil's Mass
Rosemary's Baby
The Omen

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Anything by The Family Jams (the "Manson Family")
or
I Just Want You by Ozzy Osbourne (on Ozzmosis)

6. At your funeral?
A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh by Celtic Frost (on Monotheist)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Possibly brutally murdered by my best friend.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
All black, with a giant pentagram on the top. And everyone must kiss the pentagram.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Black pants, black shirt, black hoodie, and my inverted cross necklace.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I was always able to get away with murder

11. What's your favorite band?
Graveworm
or
Bloodbath

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have a degree in Media Arts, with a focus on film. I am going to pursue graphic arts next.

13. Why did you join?
To spread my dogma of self-indulgence, pride, logic, personal learning, and the destruction of societal stupidity...But...I will likely only be scoffed at by cynical 13 year old goths cloaked in heartagrams and HIM hoodies.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Male.

That is me in the gothic.net introduction nutshell. I like dark things, I like the idea of magic, and I practice the philosophy of self salvation.
CharlesMansonIncarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Encaitare

Hmm... you interest me. "I Just Want You" is a beautiful song, very wedding-appropriate.

Quote:
7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Possibly brutally murdered by my best friend.
And you would want this... why?

Quote:
10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
I was always able to get away with murder
From the context of the rest of your intro, I feel like you mean this literally, which makes me giggle.

Welcome!
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Delicate_Torture

Just what we need.. another internet Satanist. Apologies extended to any actually real followers of the LHP etc here, although I'm thinking there aren't a great deal of them here.

Ok.. let's just cover a few things, shall we...

If you are feeling depressed, chances are that you aren't feeling so because you are manic. That would be akin to saying 'I feel famished.. I think it is because I am overfull after lunch.' Perhaps one could use his much touted obsession of learning and education and... I don't know.. learn something about depression and mania?

A pentagram is a Wiccan and Pagan symbol. A Crucifix is a Christian symbol. Why the need to usurp the religious symbols of other faiths and invert them in this strange way? Do you realise that this is how the Swastika was born? That it was originally a religious Jewish symbol that Hitler decided to invert and use. Hmm.. now, let's think about how annoyed the Jewish get over seeing a Swastika. So why do people think it's 'oh so kore' to invert a pent? Leave my spiritual symbols alone and get off your arse and find your own. Surely LaVey had enough time between burlesque shows to find his own symbol.

You would probably enjoy reading Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard if you enjoy LaVey, seeing as so much of it was borrowed for LaVey's books that they literally now will only print Might Is Right (which predates anything LaVey wrote by 70-something years) with an introduction written by Anton LaVey.

And I wrote all of that before looking at this person's screen name.

Give me a fucking break.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:00 PM   #4
ArtificialOne

I thought the swastika came from an old greek or roman thingymajig? Wasn't it originally like a bunch of legs in a circle?

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Delicate_Torture

The original usage stems from the New Stone Age and it has been found on examples of pottery found in digs that they think could date back as far as something ridiculous like 4 million years BC-around the time that Margaret Thatcher was born.

There was use of it in Asian cultures where it was a representation of eternity, in Hindu and Buddhist cultures where it represents the idea of Dharma, in Jewish cultures were it represents good luck and blessings, in Christian cultures were it symbolises a hooked cross and a whole basket full of other things.

You're implication is right, though.. I misspoke when I used the word 'originally' while saying that "Do you realise that this is how the Swastika was born? That it was originally a religious Jewish symbol that Hitler decided to invert and use."

What I should've said was that it was originally a positive symbol and was a symbol that the Jewish people used which Hitler decided to invert in a successful attempt to usurp and change it's meaning.

Most schools of thought are that the reason Hitler used the swastika as the symbol of Aryanism was because of the link to the Jewish people, not because of the symbol’s other history.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

I had never before met a person that so lacked a self-identity. Was there any single thing he mentioned that didn't relate (even remotely) to Satan?
No!
I find it ironic that he said "cynical 13 year old goths cloaked in heartagrams and HIM hoodies" when he is a mysanthropic twenty-something year old self-proclaimed "very dark individual" cloaked in inverse crosses (yay for originality) and bloodbath hoodies. Yes, hoodies. He admitted it himself.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
ArtificialOne

True, Although Hitler used it because of a strong relationship it had to a "supposed" past superrace. In otherwords...politics...

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #8
ArtificialOne

ALthough it's a horrible symbol of what happened, I do like the old german uniforms and art. They were designed to invoke power and other junk. It's a shame they represented such horrible stuff.

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 01-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
Mir

How the fuck is a pentagram any more original than an inverted cross? I mean this from the point of view of a Satanist. One is a Wiccan/Pagan symbol, whilst the other is an inverted Christian symbol. Delicate_Torture is right, invent your own goddamn symbols.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesMansonIncarnate
...But...I will likely only be scoffed at by cynical 13 year old goths cloaked in heartagrams and HIM hoodies.
No, just scoffed at by 50 year old Goths that were alive when the whole thing started.
You appear to have an overloaded infatuation with social symbols and archetypes. Do symbols make you feel important, or significant?

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:14 AM   #11
CharlesMansonIncarnate

Wow, it's really all almost funny.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:37 AM   #12
CharlesMansonIncarnate

To me, the inverted cross is very important. I was a raving, in over my head, disturbingly dedicated christian for a time, and it is more of an inner symbol that I wear on the outside. It is symbolism, and as goth as you may be, everyone uses symbolism, and it keeps the christian frame of mind from taking me over. It helps to keep my former beliefs at bay. I know, that should be something I shouldn't need anything to help me with, but it the denial of faith that I wear around my neck and on my heart.

As for the pentagram, I just like it and the dark connotation that goes along with it. More of the symbolism thing. I like it, so I use it. It is a symbol of the left hand path, a path I walk.

I'm not "another internet satanist" .... I may be a satanist on the internet. I don't worship Satan, I worship knowledge. And learning. And growing as a human being. And I worship indulgence. I am also a believer in most of the philosophies in the satanic bible, but also strongly believe in the philosophies of Nietzsche and Heidegger. I also believe in some of the philosophies of Charles Manson. And even worse, of myself.

I very much have a self-identity, and while it changes upon my whim, it has never changed to suit someone else. However, one can BE someone else around others, to get what one wants.

To any 50 year old goths who wish to scoff, during 50 years of life, I would say that the right of scoff has been earned, and one COULD learn from listening to the scoffing of an older human being, so feel free.

To anyone else that I may have something to learn from, I will...To anyone who has nothing new and relevant to offer me, you will be as equal and meaningless to me as anyone else who has nothing to offer me.

It is good to be here.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #13
OCD Insomnia

Well, I completely agree. Leave my symbol alone. It's because people like you that wiccans like myself are approached and asked "Do you worship satan? your evil." Because people like you contribute to the ignorance of humanity. Ask anyone, im normally standing up for assholes such as you, but I DO NOT like it when my religion is under insult.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
CharlesMansonIncarnate

Well to that.... Fuck your religion and your opinion.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #15
OCD Insomnia

This is a message board you ignorant gorilla. All it is is opinions.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #16
CharlesMansonIncarnate

And I am disregarding yours. I don't have a problem with you in the least...I don't have a problem with your religion, I don't even care to give my opinion of it, but as fast as I can disregard your opinion, I disregard your religion, and it's symbols meanings. They take on new meanings to me, based on the feelings they produce. As you take a disliking to the negative emotions brought up by the satanic usage of the pentagram symbol, I take a liking to it.

Take no offense to me...I urge you to not care enough about me to take offense to what I say...Take pride in your symbol and disregard what people associate it with. Don't be angry at the satanist who brings people to you asking about your pentagram, be angry at the person who comes to you with a lack of understanding and an abundance of judgement.

Don't be angry at the informed satanist be angry at the ignorant common man.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #17
ashleyxnicole

Welcoooome.

I think we all battle depression, manic or not. Once you're bitten, it's there forever. You just learn how to control it.
ashleyxnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #18
jacquelinetm

Two questions:

How can you be the incarnation of Charles Manson if he's still alive in prison??

And...

Do you also think that you are receiving messages from The Beatles "White Album"??

"Don't point the finger at me
I am only a rat in a maze like you
And only the dead go free"
-- Roger Waters
4:41AM (Sexual Revolution)
The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking
jacquelinetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:12 PM   #19
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
ALthough it's a horrible symbol of what happened, I do like the old german uniforms and art. They were designed to invoke power and other junk. It's a shame they represented such horrible stuff.
Yeah, I've always loved old military uniforms from the officer's uniforms of the British navy early 1800 to the german uniforms of the 1940s and even the roman legion post military reform uniform. Then there is the Star wars Imperial uniforms... heh they have a whole world wide organization dedicated to the Imperial uniforms can't blame me for liking them as well.

Oh and as for the whole main purpose of this thread I'm staying out of it since it seems a little too aggressive for me, considering I have little footing here in this forum due to my few day old member status. Once I've gotten used to the atmosphere and the individual people here then I'll get more involved in the introduction pages.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #20
CharlesMansonIncarnate

lol...

The name is for the most part a joke. I enjoy Charley and the myth that goes along with him. It is merely interesting to me. At most, his attitude is incarnate in me.

No, I don't hear dark messeges from any music or any other source for that matter. My dark messeges come from my own mind.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #21
Delicate_Torture

For those of you interested in the usage of the pent as a symbol.. it is copied from another thread I posted it in, so it may seem familiar.

Quote:
A pent symbolises the four elements, fire, earth, water and air-plus the fifth sacred thing, which is spirit. These are the things that a Wiccan or Pagan hold sacred and are seen as being vital for existance.

If you follow a clockwise path around the pentacle, the elements are placed in order of density - spirit being the top point, and then air, earth, fire, water. Earth and fire are basal and fixed-and so they sit at the bottom; air and water are free and flowing-and are the two upper level points. The single point upwards signifies the spirit ruling matter (mind ruling body) and is a symbol of things being in right order. When a pent is worn upside down (which some Satanists do-in the same way that they will wear inverted crucifixes,) with two points up and one (the point denoting spirit) downwards, subservient, the emphasis is on the carnal nature of Man with the wants of the body overruling the Will.

There are male and female versions of the pent, denoted by the way in which the line from the top point (spirit) draws down to the lower, right point (earth).. if the line passes under the horizontal bar (the air-water line) then the pent is symbolic of the male, if it passes over this line them it is symbolic of the female.

A pent can be open or closed. Open means that it hasn't got a circle drawn around it. This symbolises that the wearer is in an active and aware state, and is ready for conflict. It is used as a form of warding or marking something as protected or set aside as blessed for a specific task. A circle around a pentacle contains and protects. The circle symbolizes eternity and infinity, the cycles of life and nature. The circle touching all 5 points indicates that the spirit, earth, air, water and fire are all connected. The circled pentacle is the passive form implying spiritual containment of the magic circle and discipline in one's path.

Now.. in knowing all of this about MY religious symbol, what I still don't understand, and what you still haven't explained is why you have to take something that is sacred and profound to me and twist it into your own when you don't understand it's true nature.

The reason that 'Satanists' have used an inverted cross is the same reason they refer to themselves as 'Satanists' They don't truely worship Satan, because they believe that Satan is nothing but a construct of the Christian Church. They worship themselves and their desires and are basically just hedonists. What I don't understand is how Wicca was brought into this. Why invert a pent? And this isn't an open-book exam.. please answer in your own words instead of telling me what I've already told you.

Or am I going to get a 'fuck you and your religion' too?
Old 01-30-2007, 03:07 PM   #22
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
See this is why I love this forum, you learn new things. This just proves my continued theory that you can learn alot from an argument.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 04:45 PM   #23
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinetm
Do you also think that you are receiving messages from The Beatles "White Album"??
Haha! This reference to Helter Skelter just tickled my funny bone pinkish, thank you Jacqueline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
See this is why I love this forum, you learn new things. This just proves my continued theory that you can learn a lot from an argument.
Yes, and sometimes you learn a lot about those arguing as much as what they are arguing about!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
PersephoneX

Welcome Locust # 98576...
Enjoy your flame.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:20 AM   #25
CharlesMansonIncarnate

To us the pentagram represents so much. The one point up pentagram has long represented spiritual nature. To the satanist, the two point up pentagram represents the carnal nature, with the one point down representing the spirit plunged deep into the flesh. The two points up represent the duality of human life (good/evil, light/dark, ect...)

Having three points down also represents the rejection of the holy trinity.

The star itself represents the subjective universe (man's mind) with the goat representing Pan, the god of lust, so in turn, representing lust and indulgence. It is man's own sense of indulgence in complete control by man's subjective universe, his mind. The circle around the two point up star represents the objective universe, with Man as god (star) exercising his power and manipulation over the objective universe (circle) external of himself, in complete accordance with his will.

The word Leviathan spelled out LVYTN (Hebrew) in the circle represents Satan and the powers of darkness, as Leviathan has always been put hand in hand with Satan, being the keeper of ancient knowledge and magic...His name in the circle is showing the ancient occult knowledge, the powers of darkness, even the powers of good are in the hands of man...(Man being the god in the center of the objective universe...

To the satanist, the two point up star is the Eternal Star. The subjective reality of mans impulse.

That is the Sigil of Baphomet (two point up star) in a nutshell. By the way, Baphomet is a horned god...The Black Goat, representative of Pan...Our companion on our walk down the left hand path.

While satanism is tolerant of all religions, we walk hand in hand with none.