Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Red face A little nervous

Ok, maybe this is silly to say, but these days will be important for me and I must admit I'm a little nervous.

You see, I finished High School this year, a month or so ago, and now I have to do a series of exams of EVERYTHING, in 6 subjects that I've been studying this year. My place at university next year depends on the marks I get. I want to study translation of English and I need a really high mark (8.5/10) and if I don't get it, I will have to study translation in other language that asks for less marks (I would choose German- which I also love, but as I my knowledgement of German is tiny, I will fail the subject a couple of years). I have got good marks through the high school and the percentage of failing in this exam is very small... but still, I feel that the pression is high.

And said like this it all sound like a stupid thing, but I'm nervous and I just wanted to pour it out :P
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
the-broken-harlequin

I still don't get why you posted this.
You want E-hugs? Hints? A genie?
Perhaps doctor brown and his fabulous delorean?
the-broken-harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #3
Blood blossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae
Ok, maybe this is silly to say, but these days will be important for me and I must admit I'm a little nervous.

You see, I finished High School this year, a month or so ago, and now I have to do a series of exams of EVERYTHING, in 6 subjects that I've been studying this year. My place at university next year depends on the marks I get. I want to study translation of English and I need a really high mark (8.5/10) and if I don't get it, I will have to study translation in other language that asks for less marks (I would choose German- which I also love, but as I my knowledgement of German is tiny, I will fail the subject a couple of years). I have got good marks through the high school and the percentage of failing in this exam is very small... but still, I feel that the pression is high.

And said like this it all sound like a stupid thing, but I'm nervous and I just wanted to pour it out :P
Just relax before the exams. Study as much as you can, but don't try to memorize EVERYTHING; you'll never need that much. After you study, take a little break and listen to your favorite music. Trust me. It works. Oh, and try not to study five minutes before an exam. That doesn't work.

Harlequin: I'll take a genie....
Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Aaroneet

I think that Blood blossoms summed it up best. Just study, do your best, and don't worry about it. This is just a small obstacle in the scheme of things to come. Get through it, and go on with your summer.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
the-broken-harlequin

Why not doc?
Old 06-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
Valrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-broken-harlequin
Why not doc?
You'd spend too much time playing on his hoverboard rather than revising for the exam
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Just study, do your best, and don't sweat it. If you worry yourself about it you'll do not so great. I mean you'll still probably do well, but relaxing gets you the best results.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 AM   #8
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Ok, I'm almost over the whole thing right now. I only have to do one more exam tomorrow (Latin) and it will be All Over. It has turned out well I suppose. It's funny, but once that I got the paper of the first exam in front of me, the nervousness vanished ^^U The waiting was way worse than the actual exams. If you want, I'll post my marks here when I get them I hope they'll be ok. Thanks for your advice people

By the way:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-broken-harlequin
I still don't get why you posted this.
You want E-hugs? Hints? A genie?
Perhaps doctor brown and his fabulous delorean?
I didn't know it either ^^U But any of these would be ok LOL I never got an e-hug and it's not fair! Can you guys give me an e-hug? Because I'm an intelligent girl who did her tests ok? LOL
Old 06-22-2007, 04:28 AM   #9
Valerius

Ah don't worry. College isn't always as hard as you think it is. That is... until you're actually there and wishing highschool would take you back. Such is the case with moi. But hey, I'm well on my way to taking a Master's Degree and then my PhD!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:49 AM   #10
the-broken-harlequin

Wink

Every time you LOL a fat bulldog molests a kitten.
So for Christ's sake stop doing it.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #11
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Oh God... ok... So, shall I XD instead? Or just ?
Old 06-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
the-broken-harlequin

Perhaps the actual sounds like "hehe..." or "hahaha!....", just something that sounds less childish.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #13
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

All right, to tell the truth, I'm a little lost on Netiquette ^^U So I correct myself: (ehem ehem) hahahaha! (Please do not let anything happen to those kitties! >_<)

I am getting the marks tomorrow! I won't know if I have entered or not right then because it will take the university a while to decide the minimum marks, but if they're high, I'll have virtually entered. I can't wait!
Old 06-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #14
biohazard

Try to take it easy with the exams. Study for the english one with enough time, so you don`t have to cram everything in one night. Also, if it helps, try to eat something while you study to keep you awake, and don`t overdo it. Just memorize and review the most important things, and take a good rest the day before the exam.
biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #15
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

I didn't even study for the English one (hey... the level at school is crappy, and if I can post here without using my first language I guess my level is pretty good). I didn't stay up studying, not a single day And I slept a good deal.
Thank you, everyone, for your loving tips

I actually did pretty well, I got an 8.26 out of 10. (yes, I'm a geek ^^U) So, I've done as much as I could, and it was a lot ^_^ I don't know yet if I've entered or not because the university sets the minimum marks later... but at least I don't have to study any more right now I feel relieved.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:06 AM   #16
Aaroneet

Good. The important thing is not to worry about those tests, and just do your bests. I know firsthand. When I had to take my AP History midterm, I was nervous as hell. I couldn't sleep for a week, and I wound up failing miserably. By the time my final hit, I came in more confident, reassured, and well-rested. I aced it. That's just to show; relaxation can do wonders. It's like my AP teacher says, "In order for you to get an A, you have to come in thinking you'll get an A." I didn't believe him at first, but he actually knows something about studying .
Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #17
Caught

I hate exams, especially when they're important. I'm getting my grades tomorrow but won't work out so well for me, I passed maths this time but well all the other times I didn't. But then again, I can just redo a whole year. I stress mpst when I get my grades, maybe with reason this year.
Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #18
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Caught, if it makes you feel better, I also got awful grades in maths, that's why I gave them up two years ago. Maths and everything that involves numbers and arithmetics of some kind. I think they're nice in a way and everything... but I'm helpless at them ^^U

By the way, your signature is from a song by Evanescence, isn't it?
Old 06-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #19
Cyntrox

It's "Even In Death" by Evanescence.

I just had to, reflex.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #20
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Yeah I like that song. I loved the first couple of albums by Evanescence... Amy Lee has a beautiful voice, although their music is worse recently in my opinion...
Anyway, nice to see other fans in here
Old 06-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #21
Cyntrox

I also agree that the latest album was very disappointing - that opinion seems to be widespread throughout the fans. I do, however, think that Fallen was awesome, as well as their unreleased stuff.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Of this new album, I only liked a couple of song to tell the truth; most of Fallen was ok too (a lot of songs from it were versions of older songs though)... But I do love their unreleased stuff and Origin, is their best album ever

Ok, this has gone completely off-topic now... will somebody tell us off?