Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 08:06 PM   #76
Ravena

Ummm... Little dark room? That sounds scary...(knits eyebrows and sucks thumb).
Yeah Daz, I've had that discussion with someone before. It was rather interesting. He was a college student in phsycology, and it was a rather stimulating talk. I never thought of colors the same way again...

Ravena

__________________________________________________ ___
Lord, make me an instrument of your Discord.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #77
nattle

randomness indeed

A friend is always raving about this site and how great it is, so I came to check it out. Still finding my way around everything.

In other news, well, my life is...it seems uneventful, for all that's going on. My best friend is in love with me, and some girl who thinks she's in love with him (even though she's hardly even been around him) is asking me for advice, and I've no clue what to say. Things with my boyfriend have evened out to be quite wonderful, and we've been utterly happy this week. But his roommate, also one of my best friends, is claiming to have never gotten over me either. I don't know what's wrong with these boys. Really, I'm not a fucking catch. There must be something in the water. :roll: Add to this that I got drunk as hell last week and had my first semi-sexual experience with a girl, and you can see that my life is such a fucking little mini-drama.

I need some down time, to just chill and not worry about how complex everything is right now. But the good news is, I'm getting it tonight. Just hanging out alone at my apt.
Old 01-03-2004, 07:01 AM   #78
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena
[color=#0000ff]Ohhh... I'd like to help, but I wouldn't take my own advice in the love department for the world... Ask Davena. You may have to put your foot down and tell him to stop the nonsense though.

Well, that was helpfull. I don't know, ask Mr. Mael or Takhisis- They know everything. Or Pitseleh; I believe he's the relationship advice type.[/colour]
Hehe ... Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'll go out of my way to ask though; if they want to drop a few words in here then they can. I'm not sure about approaching them... :lol:

Quote:

Shit, I just realized I'm a PerkyGoth... And I don't even do anything usefull around here.
I know! I'm goth as fuck and I so haven't earned it.

Daz - thanks for extending the invite to us. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korellyn
My German mom (I'm a former exchange student) sent me a package for Christmas that finally showed up a couple days ago. I had to sit down and cry, I miss her so much. I've only been back since July... not really adjusted yet, and don't really want to be. Would be easier if I could forget the freedom I had in Berlin, but I'm trying desperately not to. I don't want to forget.
Gosh, I really feel for you ... I know how you feel, but I'm in the opposite position to you.

I was friends with exchange students in my last two years of high school (last year and the year before). They were the best friends I ever had ... I still keep in touch with a few of them. One in particular - we're as close as we've ever been. But I still miss not having them all here … they definitely made my last year the most memorable.

I wanted to go on exchange this year, and spent a couple of months organizing it all in 2003; interviews, forms, Internet, phone calls … nothing became of it. Mainly because the departure date was early January and I already have travel plans which can’t be changed, in late January. The departure date couldn’t be delayed, I intended on going to the US and the high schools have strict regulations …

I would’ve gone later this year, but I have to have been in school for the semester before I leave. So now I’m no longer eligible for the student visa, to go on HS exchange … which is a major bummer. I really wanted to experience high school life in the US. I grew up on Sweet Valley books, y’know? Hehe.

One of the exchanges were German. She taught me how to say a few things … count from zero to ten, “I love you”, and also some curses. Schise and Fich (spelling). Good fun. I still curse in German.

And don't ever forget about your experience. Look on the bright side, you still have freedom now. You can move there later on, if you want to. All the best to ya ... and *hugs*
Old 01-03-2004, 08:34 AM   #79
black_fairy

it's saturday afternoon. here in spain, it's 17.18. now i'm talking with my friends by msn... we have to buy presents for our familly, so we want to meet at 6 o'clock.
i'm listening to Marilyn Manson at the moment.........
i'm bored.... i have to do my homework cause the next week i begin the classes... but i'm veeeryyyy tired............. this morning i woke up early to go to dancing (i dance in a academy...). we start at 11.30, so i have to wake up at 10.30 cause the academy isn't close to my house. and yesterday i go to sleep at 2.00....... and now i'm sleepy (i need to sleep a lot of hours, if i don't, i'm not me!)
in 12 days......... will be my birthay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will be 16!!!!!!!! (i'm very young..!! :oops: )
well, i don't know what to say.....

(sorry for my disastrous english!!!!!)
Old 01-03-2004, 05:47 PM   #80
Davena

black_fairy[/quote]sorry for my disastrous english!!!!!

your english is fine, and if it's not your first language, i complement you. it's even better than some people who have been speaking it their entire life. i'm just learning spanish myself, but i'm only in spanish one, so i can't quite carry on a conversation, yet. but i'm getting there.

Ravena- your love advice isn't that bad. it can't be if Jessica is your model. she's been through everything so you and i should be experts by now.

SEABISCUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a random thought from your truely.

i am currently sitting here listening to my father yell at the t.v. he's watching the cowboys/panthers game and is getting very angry. why i do not know. it's just a stupid game!! nothing to get worked up about.

anyways, my life sucks right now. i have homwork in the only subject that i never have homework in - band.our new band director has thought it neccessary to give us homework over the christmas break. we have to tape-record ourselves playing this hard ass music that we will be playing as a band at festival. it is saturday night and we have to go back to school monday, and i still have not practiced, so i can't even play it. what's worse is i don't even have a tape recorder. and i don't know anyone who does. so i'm screwed. royally. i am the worst procrastinator and i think that she will use the tapes to do chair placements. fuck! it also doesn't help that i have been terribly sick this entire vacation and i still can't stop coughing. oh well. guess i'll have to confront the bitch about it on monday.

that is my random and stressful life. any questions?

Davena
Old 01-03-2004, 05:51 PM   #81
Davena

oh, and congrats Ravena on becoming a PerkyGoth!!!! i'm right behind you!!! :wink:
Old 01-03-2004, 05:53 PM   #82
Davena

oh, and congrats Ravena on becoming a PerkyGoth!!!! i'm right behind you! :wink: (i hope)

Davena
Old 01-03-2004, 06:20 PM   #83
Davena

shit! dallas is losing!!! :evil:

Davena
Old 01-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #84
WolfMoon

random

Quote:

Wolfmoon-
I'm so sorry . I know what your neice went through, and I send hope to you and yours in this time. May I make a suggestion? I had no one to talk to after what happened to me, but let your neice know you are there for her. If she has no support, she may blame herself.
Thanx

It has been hard for me to find out about,not to mention how horrible it is for my neice.At least my sister didn't assume she was lying.Like so many people do when a child tries to reach out.

My cousin told me her father was molesting her when we were kids.And no matter how I tried I couldn't make the adults in our family believe that I was telling the truth!It was frustrating knowing what was going on and not being able to get the very people that should have been listening to do just that.I won't let my neice go through that!Shit,I even heard one of my aunts say,"........little kids just say things sometimes....." But I quickly barked at her that they do not!!

If anyone reading this ever has a child in their family tell them they are being molested please,please,please dont ever assume they're lying.Children don't make that stuff up!!

Tell someone,do something

(sorry,I know this seems like one of those Sally Struthers commercials or please-feed-the-children type of things.Once again,we apologize for the seriousness of this broadcast)
Old 01-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #85
Priest

Ramblings

It's unseasonably warm for this time of year.(even for Texas)
The margarita is really good.
I hate football and I'll be glad when the season is over
I think George w. is a Führer in training.
I wish my son didn't have to go back to his mom's house in a few days.
I wish stupidity was a captial offense
I think low rise jeans are a virus.
I think low rise jeans on fat people should also be a capital offense
I need another tattoo...13 just isn't enough
I'll be glad when my second books FINALLY comes out
All of these dark thoughts don't scare me...I enjoy them
:twisted:
:evil:
I'm not evil OR twisted...I'm both..and I love every minute of it
Old 01-03-2004, 07:10 PM   #86
WolfMoon

randomness

On a lighter note

For the past month(or so) I have had a blossoming fascination(obsession)
with Peter Steele.This,understandably,disturbs my huband because I usually don't find other men attractive enough to do more than go,"M'eh" at.

Although he is a nice one to gawk at (now where is that issue of playgirl he posed in?)It perplexes me in a pleasant way?

there's yer randomness
Old 01-03-2004, 07:13 PM   #87
WolfMoon

ran

Hey Congratulations on getting your second book published Priest!!

How cool!!I wish I was talented!!(no sarcasm intended)
Old 01-03-2004, 11:15 PM   #88
Daz

so it's -23 C outside tonight, -33C if you factor in the wind chill and still i am going to head outside for a smoke. actually i dont smoke but i'm going to have one anyways. with all the shit that has been happening since I returned home I have desided I need one. Party last night was a blast until my friend missed a call from a girl he really likes that he was supposed to pick up. he got all depressed and then started drinking. four or five people ended upstairs drawing on the white board in the kitchen, which in itself wasnt so bad, until they started drawing on my roomate's knife set. this pissed off my roomate to no end and he bitched out my friends. remember he was wasted too so he went a little too far. this, of course split the party into two waring factions with me stuck in the middle. I ended up herding a bunch of people up into my office to calm them down while my roomate fumed. eventually i kicked everyone out around 3am cuz i didnt want the fists to start flying. was up till 4 putting the room back together and cleaning up all the bottles. got to work late this morning and had to work with a rather upset little cat. to top it all off my ex-boyfriend is calling me again. he's actually on the verge of classifying as a stalker and he's the one who offically ended it with me.
anyways i'm gonna go get my big boots and my wool coat and anything else warm i can find and go out for a smoke cuz it's not like i can make this year all that much fucking worse at this point.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:02 AM   #89
Perfectly_Flawed

OK, this sucks shit. I'm up at midnight, doing paperwork... an 'Internal Audit plan' for my dad. I barely know what it is. Anyway, I decided to work on it now, where I can be in a pleasant environment and listen to music while doing it. I mean, I'm using this time to do this. He (dad) should be happy. But noooo, I have to go to bed and do it tomorrow. "Get used to not being able to work with music." Phhht. Some gratitude.

Fuck it. I'm going to burn this music onto a CD and bring it to the office tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2004, 08:04 AM   #90
secretboy

Jeez, Daz. My condolences on your party. At least fists didn't fly.

I went to a party last night while my girlfriend went to some big formal ball. Her and her friends looked pretty amazing, but I had nothing formal so I didn't go.

The party I went to was small - lots of Soul Calibur, chinese food, beer. We watched Happy Tree Friends - EVERY EPISODE - and at the end I was both more traumatized than I had been in a long time, and laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. And I'm still expecting to get my eyeball randomly impaled.

Also watched some of Massive Attack's videos...man, some of them are pretty creepy.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:25 AM   #91
black_fairy

Thank you Davena!!!!! the truth is that i do what i can..... but sometimes my english is really painless...... :? when you know more about spanish, say to me and we will talk, ok? ((i'm happy cause someone knows spanish!!!! ))
Old 01-04-2004, 05:30 PM   #92
Ravena

Well, I don't come on for one day and all this happens.
WolfMoon, I hope your relative is ok. No one believed me at first either...
As for Davena,Hah! You and you family have footballitus. I'm with Preist on this one. And what do you really do with that flute (heh heh) if you are not playing it? I havn't seen you play it in a long time... Thanx for the congrats, sis.
Anyways, anyone hear of Collective Soul? Well, they were playing downtown the other day and we got to meet the band that was opening for them. There is this Subway worker downtown that deals weed, and, well... She was just really funny. She's a 'happy Goth', so she says.
I gave my boss my two week's notice yesterday. I'll be working downtown now, which kicks ass... All sorts of cool shops down there.
Anyways, see you guys...

Ravena

__________________________________________________ ______
Lord make me an instrument of your Discord.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:05 PM   #93
Perfectly_Flawed

Post #100 in here.(woo, 100!) Better make this ultra-fantabulous.

I am soooofukntired. Curse a certain individual... hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_fairy
..... but sometimes my english is really painless...... :? when you know more about spanish, say to me and we will talk, ok? ((i'm happy cause someone knows spanish!!!! ))
I like Spanish. I tried taking it up a while ago, y'know with the audio tutorial cassettes... might pick it up again.

One of my most loved phrases in Spanish is "Eras un gillipollas" (spelling). My friend said it means "You're a fucking idiot". I hope she's right, 'cause say it a bit... would hate to learn that it actually means something else. "I'm a fucking idiot", perhaps?

Priest - low-rise/slinging jeans just plain suck. I have some, but I never wear them now. Never again. Attracted too much bad attention... but also, they lose their appeal when you have to pull them up every two minutes. And sitting down on a stool or any other chair which reveals your lower back is out of the question.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:54 AM   #94
Klixin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectly_Flawed

:P
Old 01-06-2004, 08:14 AM   #95
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klixin
Quote:

:P
Nyah nyah to you too. :P
Old 01-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #96
Klixin

Fear my powers of causing sleep deprevation!

Your keeping me up, therefore im keeping you up... its all your fault!
Old 01-06-2004, 01:14 PM   #97
Takhisis

Quote:
[color=#0000ff] Well, that was helpfull. I don't know, ask Mr. Mael or Takhisis- They know everything. Or Pitseleh; I believe he's the relationship advice type.[/colour]
*chokes on soda* I do? :shock:
I'm good when it comes to beer recipes, or bizarre factoids, or spelling, or playing devil's advocate, but my relationship track record is hideous. But I at least came out of it with a good idea of what I need, and what I can't put up with and still be happy.

Quote:
Hehe ... Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think I'll go out of my way to ask though; if they want to drop a few words in here then they can. I'm not sure about approaching them... :lol:
Well, I try to be approachable.

As for the situation, well...

Have you guys discussed this before? Have you flat-out told him that it bothers the hell out of you? I've discovered that people can be amazingly unaware of things that can seem obvious. If you act like you're not bothered by it, he may think you honestly don't care.

Good luck to you.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:42 PM   #98
ice

"Hello, Richard Large speaking, may I help you?"

Red oranges?

Trip chicken, liver?

Yes, I thought so, thank you!

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 01-06-2004, 09:20 PM   #99
Perfectly_Flawed

^^
My, you put the "Random" in "Randomness".

Quote:

Fine. I guess I'll have to cease talking to you then.

For my sanity. *nods*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takhisis
Well, I try to be approachable.

As for the situation, well...

Have you guys discussed this before? Have you flat-out told him that it bothers the hell out of you? I've discovered that people can be amazingly unaware of things that can seem obvious. If you act like you're not bothered by it, he may think you honestly don't care.

Good luck to you.
Thanks for replying.

Nope, we haven't. The last time I brought up something he did (ignored me the whole night at a friend's sleepover), he acted confused and feigned ignorance. Led me to believe that he really wasn't aware of what he was doing, hence no intent to hurt my feelings... he can be a bit of a Dr. Jeykll (spelling?) and Mr. Hyde sometimes.

Yeah, my general philosophy is that if something is bothering you, you should say so and try to remedy it, but for my friend I'm just not sure how to go about it. I think about all the possible reasons why he does it, busy, can't be bothered to write an email or letter, has no credit on his phone... there's just so many. But I think I will tell him that I'd like to hear from him more often.

Thanks again!
Old 01-06-2004, 10:22 PM   #100
Klixin

Quote:
^^

Quote:

Fine. I guess I'll have to cease talking to you then.

For my sanity. *nods*
Sacrafices
sanity or seduction? :P
Closed Thread