Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #426
Hillary

my school

My school is pretty awesome, all my teachers like me and the only people I get negative attention from is the other students. As long as it covers my body, I can wear it. I've even gotten away with wearing a shirt that said, "Fuck you.' No one cares.
Hillary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 08:57 PM   #427
maggot

It's funny!
Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #428
Haunted House

Some kid at my school who's always in juvy told some of the security guards that I was going to start a Columbine style shooting at my school. They believed him and I was taken to the security office for questioning. How horrible is that? No matter what I told them they said stuff like, "We're not sure of your actual intent." and "Do we need to get the police down here?" It was so frustrating cause I know it was my looks. If it were Mr. Trendy McPopular who said it then it wouldn't have been a big deal.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #429
Minyaliel

Aww, that's a shame. I think people are being a bit uptight about stuff like that. I mean, it wasn't goths that did the Columbine shooting... Anyway, head up. Dress however you want. In the end, it doesn't really matter.

I had this really great experience today... for the first time in my entire school time I dared showing up at school in clothes that I felt are totally "me"; platform boots, ripped fishnets, knee- long black lace skirt, corset, a red chinese style jacket and a spiked choker - and my teachers all said stuff in the lines of "Wow, I really admire you for daring to wear whatever you want. That's really pretty, you know." That was so great... made my day
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #430
Haunted House

Thats really cool. People question my 'Alien Sex Fiend' t-shirt alot. I also have this pair of torn up, hole-ridden jeans that I wear fishnet tights under. I get more compliments than questions about those though, which is cool. I almost didnt wear them to school cause I felt people might not understand a male wearing tights but, sucks to them.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #431
maggot

On the Columbine note, my thoughts are that if these kids were able to push two teenagers to the point where they go on a homocidal killing spree and LAUGH while doing it, they must deserve, to some extent, to die.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #432
Godslayer Jillian

No one deserves to die. Teenagers overall are fucked up, but do you really think that justifies, even slightly, that their lives were taken by two revenge-ridden, blood-lusting, common-sense-lacking teens?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:19 PM   #433
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Do unto others as they do unto you, someone doesn't try to kill you you damn well don't kill them.
If you feel this need to kill others out of self defense seek help, NOW.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #434
maggot

My logic is riddled with holes
Old 06-06-2006, 07:07 PM   #435
Circle V

If someone fucks with you enough to make you unstable, fuck with them right back.

If someone kills you, feel free to kill them back.

On a related note, a kid at my school (mentally unstable, apparently, and rather hickish) claimed that he is the son of Malakai (whoever that might be... I'll look it up) and that he planned on coming to school today, it being 666 and all, with the 'Sword of the Antichrist.'

Needless to say, it didn't happen. I think that he's locked up somewhere.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:09 PM   #436
Circle V

...Perhaps?

Malachi or Mal'achi (מַלְאָכִי "My messenger/angel", Standard Hebrew Malʾaḫi, Tiberian Hebrew Malʾāḵî) was a prophet in the Bible Old Testament and Jewish Tanakh.

He was the last of the minor prophets, and the writer of the Book of Malachi, the last book of the Old Testament canon (Mal. 4:4, 5, 6) Christian editions, and is the last book of the Neviim (prophets) section in the Jewish editions.

--Source: Wikipedia
Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 PM   #437
Immortal_Death

i currently live in china, although im american, i get teased alot before because im a goth punk. no one cares about it now..
Immortal_Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #438
Emerald

We had to wear a school uniform. Bottle green windcheaters, grey cord slacks and desert boots for winter and a checked green and maroon dress for summer, very stylish. On casual day if you wore a uniform you would incur large amounts of general nastiness and bullying and if you dressed any way out of what was considered commercially fashionable at the time you would incur large amounts of general nastiness and bullying so for me it was a real win-win situation . I still have a deviated septum from being punched square in the face and knocked out flat courtesy of one of the school bullies.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:51 AM   #439
roserougesang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald
We had to wear a school uniform. Bottle green windcheaters, grey cord slacks and desert boots for winter and a checked green and maroon dress for summer, very stylish. On casual day if you wore a uniform you would incur large amounts of general nastiness and bullying and if you dressed any way out of what was considered commercially fashionable at the time you would incur large amounts of general nastiness and bullying so for me it was a real win-win situation . I still have a deviated septum from being punched square in the face and knocked out flat courtesy of one of the school bullies.
Are you ok Emerald?! Some people can be such assholes sometimes, grrrrr. Do you go to a private school? In some cases, private schools seem to be a bit 'safer' than public schools because you wear a school uniform most of the time. It may not always look very nice but at least it saves people like us from discrimination if you go to a school that isn't very tolerant of 'individual dressing'.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:47 AM   #440
Emerald

roserougesang - oh thank you for being so sweet and caring, I'm sorry I should have probably added that this did happen about 20 years ago. I went to a public school and no it was certainly not tolerant of anybody stepping out of the bounds of what was considered to be "normal", although the teaching staff did pay a sort of lipservice to the idea of accepting "difference". I must admit it is sad to read that attitudes don't seem to have changed all that much, one thing I will say from experiencing intolerance myself it has made me a much more tolerant person.
Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #441
Karnival

I went to a school with no uniform, no formal set of dress rules except for no midrifs and no shoulder straps on girls smaller then 2 fingers wide. and no sandals or flip flops as you americans call it ( just so you know what im talking aobut) piercings were alowed. Any hair style anyone desired.

My second last year of high school consisted of about 10 at most actual goths in the same year as me and the one above. We didnt bring attention to ourselves, well except for my sudden oubursts of violence. We wore spiked jewlery on a ritual basis. I happened to be the one who got the jewlery banned and to have the principal threaten to bring the uniform back. ( protest in the 60's, uniform stopped being worn).

But really we were the last generation of goths at the school. All because good ol generation Y came in with the scene kids. So we didnt have much banning going on at school. The school motto was for individualism. I wouldnt have wanted a better school.
Karnival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #442
Malady

ah, yes. . .those dumb scenes. . .there are way too many of their kind at my school.
Malady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:44 AM   #443
wunky

my high school had a uniform, but it did jack shit. the rich kids still picked on the poor kids and i still got 'mosher' yelled at me by small annoying creatures.

as for the college i'm at now i get no complaints, but i don't dress really gothic for college. i dress in black but no corsets/skirts/fishnets etc. i figure that if i have to fight with authority i can do it over something better than clothes.
wunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:10 AM   #444
romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothic_vampire
has your school done anything to stop the whole gothic scene?
Not really. They don't like jewellery, make up, accessories which aren't school wear but they're not particular aimed at Goths. You get alot of commons from people around our school but i can imagine that happens most places.
romantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #445
Lyytikka

there are sooo many things at my school. actually now its my former school.
anyway, they were really afraid of the satanism thing and they put rules like:
no wearing black!!
no make up
no wearing converse
no a strange hairstyle and color
no jewelery
no long hair for boys
and we also wear uniforms
just like rockandrose's school.
Lyytikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #446
goerikat

There aren't a whole lot of restrictions where I go.

...Of course, the range of possibilities for gothic fashion in Kansas doesn't really extend far past hot topic, so they don't have much to restrict anyway.

However. There was a senior last year who was suspended for wearing 'untasteful choices of clothing' after he wore a mini skirt with fishnets to school. He had lovely legs, though.
goerikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #447
Alrek

Luckily, I do not go to school, but the goths were well-tolerated there, they blended in because barely anyone was 'normal'...quite unique in retrospect.
Alrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 07:50 PM   #448
cradle

Agh...all of the teachers in my school are old ladies.
and a couple of men but w/e
At my school, everyone is pretty much the same.
They all wear a georgia bulldogs shirt or hat, wear a white and read stripped shirt...and blue jeans.
I'm the only one there that wears whatever I want to...
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #449
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
my school is also quite boring in ths matter. Most wear polo shirts and timberland's. There just aren't any goths. A few pseudo-punks and metal-guys with long hair, boots and leather jackets run around, but that's about it. Here in Vienna they don't worry about goths at all like they do in america. The only thing they're worried about is the smoking. That's something they've forbidden in schools.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #450
Alaizabel Cray

My school really doesn't care too much, as long as certain obvious body parts of covered. About half of the school is all pseudo-punk/goth, and they all think they're so crazy with their footless black tights, black hair, and their mary janes. The other almost-half is the preppy/gangsta population, and there there is enough said, I think. Then there's my friends who pretty much just wear jeans and t-shirts on a daily basis, and me who wears whatever I feel like, which means I'm known as "that psycho chick". *shrugs*