Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #26
edible_eye

what's that? having ear-piercing screeches greet our members with each click of the mouse?

or having an ape as a mascot?

personally, i kinda dig the second idea.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #27
An Eccentric Cellist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virulent Dryad
I am turning 15 in about a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BladesDeep
Wow. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the youngest, too. Infact, I didn't expect to see anyone younger than me this soon after joining. I turn 16 in June.
Um.... I'm thirteen on June the 23rd.

I fear for my generation's future observing the honors classes I'm in. God's above they are such dunderheads! I know the kids I'm around are getting stupider as the years pass by. Okay I'm stopping before I start ranting. I have ranted about this before, for ten minutes straight.
I like the idea of having an ape as a mascot. Can it be a Silverbacked Gorilla?
I also like the book idea.
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:21 PM   #28
WizardElement5

Hi Edible Eye. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood your post, but it does not appear to be friendly. I know you are a moderator on gnet, so I'm glad to be able to talk with you. As you will be aware I am fairly new to gnet but have made quite a few posts, especially on the poetry and art threads. There, I have got on well with other members and my views have been usually very well received. Please read them if you wish. I would say that I have been lucky enough to make several friends already. However, if you feel that I am doing something wrong, please do post to let me know. I hope you can be constructive, because although you do not know me, I am genuinely an honest and open person. If I have offended anyone, I am very sorry, but I really don't know how I have done that and certainly haven't intended to. My best wishes to you.
WizardElement5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

What in Hades are you talking about?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #30
tekajo

i'm with the Godslayer on this...say what?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:49 PM   #31
WizardElement5

Hi Jillian. When i read the post by Edible eye, I assumed it was aimed at me as it contained no quote and came directly after my post. If that was so, I could not understand it in any other way other than an insult. However, if it was not directed toward myself, but to the post previous, or it was to me, but I've completely misunderstood it, then please laugh at my foolishness. I have really enjoyed being a member of gnet thus far and I saw this as the one and only negative communication I've had. I do hope it is a misunderstanding on my part and then you can all make fun of my over-sensitivity. But until Edible Eye replies himself, I continue to be bemused as to his meaning. Thanks for taking an interest.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:58 PM   #32
tekajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
what's that? having ear-piercing screeches greet our members with each click of the mouse?

or having an ape as a mascot?

personally, i kinda dig the second idea.

In order to allay the confusion on your part, and i hope i don't over step any bounds with Edible Eye in this reply, but i'll break it down for you.

The ear-piercing screech was in regards to E_E's remark about the IQ test that he said he took that ended with a demon flashing before his screen accompanied by a loud screech.

Apes as the mascot is in reference to the remark about the saying that if you put a thousand monkeys/apes in a room banging away at a type writer, eventually you'll have yourself a literary masterpiece.

i saw no malevolence in E_E's remarks. i hope this clears it all up for you.

-Vince
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:00 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

Well, if you really want a negative comment, here's the best I can do.
You have to chill out.
You always write like if you were reciting an apollogia. Why the formality? You're not talking to a Mexico nobleman, you're talking to a 16 year old that still believes in love.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:05 PM   #34
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
you're talking to a 16 year old that still believes in love.
awwww that's so cute

Wiz, just so you know, e_e is a smart ass, albeit a lovable friendly smart ass, and you really should take most of what he says as a joke
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #35
6BladesDeep

Location: My own private vyrus of lollipops & leave it all behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Eccentric Cellist
Um.... I'm thirteen on June the 23rd.

I fear for my generation's future observing the honors classes I'm in. God's above they are such dunderheads! I know the kids I'm around are getting stupider as the years pass by. Okay I'm stopping before I start ranting. I have ranted about this before, for ten minutes straight.
I like the idea of having an ape as a mascot. Can it be a Silverbacked Gorilla?
I also like the book idea.
This is good. What good is an amazing present generation with out an equally worthy future? I mean, imagine what goth would be today is there was never a second generation! Besides, even the fist waved had to start somewhere. And as far as the waning existence of mass intelligence, I'm afraid most of it isn't stupidity. It's laziness. I swear, if I had a dime for every time i've wanted to back hand someone and yell WAKE UP, YOU TWAT!

But look at it this way, we'll always have Gothic.net
Old 05-05-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
6BladesDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
you're talking to a 16 year old that still believes in love.
I agree. aw. & that's coming from a 15 year old that gave up on love & then found it in the form of a schizophrenic singer on the way to a Rehab concert.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:13 PM   #37
WizardElement5

Hi Vince, thanks for your help in this matter. You're almost certainly right. I must be very over-stressed at the moment!

Thanks Jillian, I'm very happy to take your advice and chill! I guess my style is a result of my upbringing - manners are of extreme importance to me. I really don't mind if you're sixteen or sixty, it's the person who's important, not their age. Oh, and so far i like the person! Although I'm quite a bit older, (not important), I also still believe in love. I hope your heart remains true and that of all things remains constant. I value your words.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #38
WizardElement5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Wiz, just so you know, e_e is a smart ass, albeit a lovable friendly smart ass, and you really should take most of what he says as a joke
Thanks Solumina. And even if that is true, it is probably more relevant that I have been a fool for getting the whole thing wrong!
Old 05-05-2006, 08:39 PM   #39
An Eccentric Cellist

Quote:
This is good. What good is an amazing present generation with out an equally worthy future? I mean, imagine what goth would be today is there was never a second generation! Besides, even the fist waved had to start somewhere. And as far as the waning existence of mass intelligence, I'm afraid most of it isn't stupidity. It's laziness. I swear, if I had a dime for every time i've wanted to back hand someone and yell WAKE UP, YOU TWAT!

You have a wonderful point. I have restrained my self many a time.
On Godslayer Jilli still believing in love awwww. That's so awesomely, adorable!
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:01 PM   #40
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
yeah. what she said. and what tek said.

... wait, does that mean i'm nothing but a joke to you people? where's the fuckin' respect?

and wiz, i've been away from the boards and will continue to be so for a while, even though i'm posting like a madman today. let me formally welcome you.

there was no malevolence toward you in what i posted. none whatsoever. i was just playing. i promise, if you ever get in my crosshairs for any reason, you'll know without a doubt that i'm landing on you with both feet.

fair 'nuff?

now, back to the screeching apes.....
Old 05-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #41
4mytribe

Quote:

God let it be so.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #42
WizardElement5

Thanks Edible Eye, sorry about the wobbly. Pleased to meet you also. I hope the apes are gorillas, they're cute!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #43
6BladesDeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Eccentric Cellist
You have a wonderful point. I have restrained my self many a time.
On Godslayer Jilli still believing in love awwww. That's so awesomely, adorable!
Thank you. & yes, it's is adorable. It's also a very rare, very good quality many of today's youth are lacking. We need more people like you, Jilli!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mytribe
God let it be so.
As it is written, so it shall be done!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #44
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Actually, most of my friends are pretty smart. I like being around them because we all have different opinions, we all all support them, and we all learn something that way.
Me too! That's exactly how I feel about my friends. I think if all of us had the same opinions, character etc... we wouldn't be this close to each other. Our differences bond us together.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:30 PM   #45
6BladesDeep

I am the same with my friends. I think it's some sort of genetic code that anyone with half a brain is enticed by variations in other people's characters. If I ever find this gene, I will inject it into every twit on the planet.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #46
Queenofdarkness57

I think music helps the members here to enrich their vocabulary, too. I mean most of us don't listen to shit like" Oh ya Baby, I like it from the back". Meaningful lyrics are also part of good music, at least in my opinion.
I know I'm not that articulate in English, but books and the internet( especially Gnet) helped me a lot in practising this amazing language and working hard to make it better.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #47
6BladesDeep

You sound perfectly eloquent enought to me, dear. I wouldn't have even guessed Englished wasn't your 1st languange. And I agree, music has alot to do with it. Someone I know once said, "As long as the lyrics move you it doesn't matter if the song sucks."
Old 05-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #48
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
You sound perfectly eloquent enought to me, dear. I wouldn't have even guessed Englished wasn't your 1st languange. And I agree, music has alot to do with it. Someone I know once said, "As long as the lyrics move you it doesn't matter if the song sucks."
Thanks I like the quote.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:19 AM   #49
6BladesDeep

Yes, as do I. Too bad for me, I'm not the best lyricist and suck at bass, so I'm stuck managing. A few of my works make it in from time to time, but I'm still far from being as talented as most of the people here.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:27 AM   #50
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Yes, as do I. Too bad for me, I'm not the best lyricist and suck at bass, so I'm stuck managing. A few of my works make it in from time to time, but I'm still far from being as talented as most of the people here.
Don't worry, same here! I used to play on the piano and the guitar, but I quit both. Although I am going to take guitar lessons again this summer. Oh and I went to audition as a female vocalists, but I chickened out after spending the whole day practising on "Beauty and The Beast"