Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 PM   #26
DrenchedInGin

What an excellent thread!

I've been to the UK, Ireland, Switzerland and France a number of times, as well as Germany, Austria, Hungary, the Netherlands and Belguim. Niels, I loved the Netherlands, mostly because the people were really funny and kind.

Closer to home I've been to North Vietnam (not the south yet, alas), New Zealand, Japan and Malaysia.

I live in Australia and have visited every state and territory except Western Australia and the Northern Territory. They would be my first selections for where to visit next, followed by South Vietnam. I've also always wanted to see Cambodia and Laos, India and South America.

I'm mortified that I have never quite managed to get to Scotland in spite of the number of times I've been to the UK. Everybody I know who has ever gone there loves the place. I'm also embarrassed never to have been to the US in spite of having a couple of relatives there. I blame the withered wasteland that is my bank account...

The nicest people I've encountered in my travels would have to be the Vietnamese. What a lovely country.
DrenchedInGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #27
nuksaa

USA: Grew up in the Black Hills of South Dakota (the only hills around until you hit the Rocky Mountains); Oahu, Hawaii (not into water sports so it got boring after 10 days);
Seattle, Washington (can't wait to go back); San Diego, California; San Francisco, California; Chicago, Illinois; Saratoga, New York; Virginia (current location); Miami, Florida; Orlando, Florida; Fort Lauderdale, Florida; New York, New York; Boston, Mass; Las Vegas, Nevada
Canada: Halifax, Nova Scotia; Montreal, Quebec
Puerto Rico: Aericibo, Ponce, San Juan
Norway: Tromso and Bergen
Scotland: Helensburg and Edinburgh
England: London and Manchester
Germany: Wilhemshaven, Hamburg, Berlin
Gibralter
France, Toulon and Paris (over rated)
Greece: island of Crete, Thessoulaniki, Rhodes
Romania: Bucharest and driving through the Carpathian, Cozia, Bucegi Mountains
Prague, Czech Republic
Hong Kong, China
Japan: Kyoto, Tokyo, Yokohama, Yokusuka
Singapore
Western Australia around Perth
Dubai
Bahrain
Portugal: Lisbon and Fatima
Polar Ice Cap

That about rounds it up.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:07 PM   #28
crimsonjoy

I want to go to Europe SO BAD! It is the Old World and the Motherland and what I want to feel is the history of it and visit castles and cathedrals and such that some of you have been fortunate to have experienced...

I have, however, been able to visit Savannah, Georgia, which I fell in love with. That is a beautiful city with its square parks and cemetaries.

And I agree with Simple Poet: Florida is Hell on Earth. The Sun! The Heat! **faint**
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #29
nuksaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonjoy
And I agree with Simple Poet: Florida is Hell on Earth. The Sun! The Heat! **faint**
The flatness and utter lack of feature other than the swamp.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:22 PM   #30
BADSEED

World travels; South Africa 4 times, Australia twice, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Italy, and in a couple of weeks Costa Rica.
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:09 AM   #31
Morrigan_Dubh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuksaa
Polar Ice Cap
Elaborate please!
Old 05-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #32
SaucyFig

My mom is in her '50's and has three places she wants to visit before she dies - Scotland (she's been there before), New Zealand to see the Southern Cross and Alaska to see the Northern Lights. She's taking me to Scotland next fall and is talking about taking me to the other two, which would be great because I've only left the states to go to Vancouver, B.C. (which is a fabulous city).
For those of you that want to come to the states I have lived in San Francisco and Seattle and they are both wonderful for different reasons. San Francisco is a small city but it's dense, meaning there is so much cool stuff crammed into that city it's unbelievable. Seattle is more scenic with the mountains, lakes, evergrees trees etc.
SaucyFig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #33
Catch

Just this past week I went to Austin. It is about an hour drive south of where I live. Went to my friend's house and we watched Family Guy and drank beer (Pabst Blue Ribbon).

He also figured out how to beat the last two games on Grand Tarizmo the lastest version. Apparently slam the guy in the Viper in to the wall really hard. On the other one, move the cones to block the computer cars. They can't go around.