Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-06-2006, 08:20 PM   #76
Circle V

This is entirely off topic, but I love your sig, Disfunction. Scrubs is awesomely cool.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #77
Disfunction

I downloaded the episode so I could watch it again, then I isolated that clip and watched it well-over one hundred times.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #78
6BladesDeep

Location: My own private vyrus of lollipops & leave it all behind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
But you will believe. That's what I was getting at. People shouldn't just give up on all avenues of love.
People shouldn't give up on love period. Or maybe some should. I've found it's usually only once you've given up on something that it comes your way.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #79
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
I downloaded the episode so I could watch it again, then I isolated that clip and watched it well-over one hundred times.
That's dedication for you.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:12 PM   #80
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonista_Ravenesque
Well, I'm not actually intelligent, I just happen to be a roughed up street gangsta who has delusions of being eloquent.

I feel too old now. I'll just drag my wrinkled nut sack into a corner and die .
Demonista, once again your alien mind-seed humor just cracks me up!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:32 AM   #81
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
queen - your command of english translates wonderfully, little darlin'. not to worry. i'd even go so far as to say you present yourself in a better light than most inner-city 'gangsta', thug-punk wannabe's right here in america.

sad testament for some of our own youth here and a fantastic example of what young people like yourself can accomplish when they put their mind to it and work hard.
Awwww! Thanks a lot e_e You made my day!
Old 05-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #82
Sanctus Dei

Whoa, *Joey Lawrence style* A mass collective of the astute?
What a thread to encounter on one of the few outside 'General' paths I have wandered!?

I would barely identify myself with the entity that is 'genius', as brilliantly as I portray my thoughts my customary repertoire of the vernacular lacks in all the exquisiteness my mind is entirely capable of producing. The reasons are varied but the one that stands forefront is the comprehensive wherewithal of those I refer to as peers whom I converse with on a habitual basis.
Say I were to repeat even this wee bit of tat, the blank gawks I would receive are just enough to force my mouth to dumb down the inspirations caged with in my silly head. But... that said, the abilities I've acquired to carefully discern the nature of a persons capabilities and reinvent my chosen reactions to avoid unnecessary uncomfortable situations has served me well in many an occasion.

aka... I speak street like a motha' fuckin' champ, bitch.

Oh and....For a select few of the self proclaimed "Smart People" I must say the lingual mishaps that plague this thread are rather ironic.

Heh....fuckin' right. *sigh*
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:59 AM   #83
angel_dark_demon_bright

Maybe the reason why everyone on gnet seem so smart compared to everyone you know in real life is because there are stupid and people of average intellingence on here too, but they just either dont post, or are flamed so much for the stupid things they say that they just decide to leave.

As for me, Im not sure exactly what my IQ is but i know it is above average. According to the test i took five years ago it was about 120. I was told average was 90 to 110. Anything below 90 and your mentally troubled. This wasnt an official test i took it was something my sister found on a dictionary cd. I was distraught to find she was smarter than me.
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 06:59 AM   #84
Virulent Dryad

Anything below 70 is considered a mental disability. Here in the UK the average IQ is 120 though in the US I hear it's like 100 which is not very high. Apparently you are considered a genius if your IQ is above 145. Now the scary part, when I was 11 I took an IQ test and they said my IQ was 145.......whoopdeedoo, it's gone down since then lol.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #85
Wise Child

I've never taken a proper IQ test - only internet ones. Which I don't think are very reliable, given that I've had scores ranging from 80 to 160. I'd be pretty interested to know what it really is.

A dream is just a nightmare with lipstick ~ Toni Morrison
Wise Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 08:22 AM   #86
succubus,queenofvampires

I've never taken IQ tests, too, since I've heard that they aren't efficient, precise, and reliable.

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #87
angel_dark_demon_bright

The scoring differs between europe and the US. Its not that we're dumber and your smarter, its just that we score it differntly.

Let me see if i can find the link....

...Here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient
angel_dark_demon_bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #88
Virulent Dryad

It is possible to find reliable IQ tests online. It just depends which site you take it with. I hear the Albert Einstein one is pretty accurate, though mind you, there are a lot of crappy ones online who tell you high scores even if you aren't that smart. Good ones should time you.

Well I wouldn't really be surprised if American standards were lower, no offense or anything.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-10-2006, 01:21 PM   #89
succubus,queenofvampires

Can someone post a link of the Albert Einstein test?

Cartman(South Park): It's a man's obligation to stick his boneration in a woman's separation; this sort of penetration will
increase the population of the younger generation.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #90
Virulent Dryad

You can actually try something on mensa.org as they will, obviously, have accurate ones.

Actually a really fun test is this one, which was supposedly constructed by Einstein.http://www.iqtest-center.com/einstein-test.php

Unfortunately I cannot find the link to the IQ test I was talking about though you should try mensa.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #91
Godslayer Jillian

I have a high IQ, and, yes, I love being smart
But I hate the whole principle of intelligence quotients, because it means that we're either born smart or not.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #92
Circle V

http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=12

I got 25/30, but finished 10 minutes early and didn't check my answers (if that means anything.)
Old 05-10-2006, 09:40 PM   #93
WolfMoon

I've never taken an IQ test and frankly, I'm surprised you people have tolerated me for as long as you have!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:57 PM   #94
winged_dreams

I blame books. I blame reading a lot at an early age.

I've only taken only online IQ quizzes before. I'm not stupid but I'm certainly not a genuis. I get A's and B's in school and comprehend literature better than most people. So I'm happy, I suppose.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #95
winged_dreams

My grandmother read to me as much as she could. Perhaps school taught me how to read but I was certainly reading above my grade level. That makes me feel good about myself. ^^

Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #96
winged_dreams

I never had an ACT score and I'm not sure what that is. My SAT score was 1100.

Old 05-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #97
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Whatever, Wolfie, you're well-spoken and I love you.
Thank you, love. <3 you too!

Winged, we love you just as you are, genius or not. You're a great person and we enjoy having you around!

WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #98
winged_dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Thank you, love. <3 you too!

Winged, we love you just as you are, genius or not. You're a great person and we enjoy having you around!

*glomps wolfie* Thanks. ^^ You're awesome and beautiful! I guess that why we tolerate you. XD

Old 05-11-2006, 02:46 AM   #99
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I have a high IQ, and, yes, I love being smart
But I hate the whole principle of intelligence quotients, because it means that we're either born smart or not.

Generally genes have a lot to do with intelligence, but there ways around that I suppose.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:21 AM   #100
Cicero

There's nothing much I like more than "intelligent" conversation, but I still find the popular definition of intelligence to be horribly overrated. IQ tests seem only to be a way to standardise something that's impossible to gauge simply. The human mind is far too complicated to be summed up in a single number. I come from a family of "IQ geniuses", and no matter how many bloody books they publish or how many PhD's they accumulate, I'll never be able to consider them truly enlightened. If that form of intelligence is hereditary then I'd better start writing a guide to "Freshwater Invertebrates of the Malaysian Region" immediately just to keep up with the family trend. No, wait, my mother did that one. Damn. Looks like I'm stuck with marine.

But I digress… This website is indeed a great hub for interesting minds. Geniuses or not geniuses, good spelling and general writing skills on internet forums are never a bad thing. Reading “l33t” or whatever it’s called is like listening to someone speak with an albatross lodged in their vocal chords.
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote