Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Who will/would you vote for?
Bush 14 22.95%
Kerry 47 77.05%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #476
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disfunction
I heard something about guns... big gun means well endowed right?

Uh...Disfunction? Is it wise for you to have a gun?

Among my guns I own a Deringer...does that take me out of the "Compinsation Club" too?

And did anyone else get hot at .bp.'s gun knowledge?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 12:55 PM   #477
Disfunction

Oh Al! That's so silly of you... I made that gun out of paper, electrical tape and a paper clip...

Look at me! I'm McGyver!

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:29 PM   #478
Nike

Those who want to leave Jesusland

can try

http://www.marryanamerican.ca/

lol, found both graphic and link on another forum.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:32 PM   #479
ice

Oh my!

I seem to be living in the United States of Canada...

o_O

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:36 PM   #480
Disfunction

Yayyyy I lived in Jesus land before!

Old 11-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #481
AlKilyu

Huh.

The last map I looked at looked something like this

The red being those counties that voted for Bush, the blue being Democrat.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 PM   #482
edible_eye

wow. that map made me smile, al. thanx a lot.

really drives the point home - with all the whining and crying one must bear witness to on the news and in the papers, mass media truly represents the minority, or better said displays a liberal / democratic slant.

oh, and just so i honor immortal's request to drop in a bit of humor along with my political statements -

what's black and white and red all over?

a nun being devoured by satanic zombie babies.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:59 PM   #483
TeapotScar

That map means nothing about the population of America- the electoral college is a flawed system, and everyone knows it. The red counties *obviously* were less densly populated than the blue ones. The *popular vote* sort of tells the story when it comes to how many democrats vs. republicans there are... and last I checked it was just almost nearly 50-50. Last election, Al Gore (D) won the popular vote, this election Bush did. It's really close.

About the media being too liberal... *sigh* I've addressed this. Rupert Murdoch is the biggest republican *ever*. There's a series of memos sent out by either him or some other head of Fox News, and all of them are saying stuff like "Accentuate x horrible thing about John Kerry in the news today." They coined the term "flip-flopper", and a huge percentage (I'm forgetting exact numbers) of Fox News watchers still believe that we found *actual* weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They, also, still believe that Iraq was connected to 9/11. It's just... that media is *so* right I can't breathe. Find one article about how Fox News is too liberal and I'll ...I don't know- do something weird. There is an actual documentary about how biased Fox is- "Outfoxed". So don't be silly- the news isn't too liberal. It's just... not.

So don't call democrats a "minority" just yet there, e_e... :wink:

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:30 PM   #484
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
That map means nothing about the population of America- the electoral college is a flawed system, and everyone knows it.
Yeah. And if Kerry had won the electoral college and lost the popular vote, which a lot of pundits thought would happen, there would have been a huge push in Washington to finally get rid of it. But, alas, what do pundits know?

Quote:
About the media being too liberal... *sigh* I've addressed this. Rupert Murdoch is the biggest republican *ever*. There's a series of memos sent out by either him or some other head of Fox News, and all of them are saying stuff like "Accentuate x horrible thing about John Kerry in the news today." They coined the term "flip-flopper", and a huge percentage (I'm forgetting exact numbers) of Fox News watchers still believe that we found *actual* weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. They, also, still believe that Iraq was connected to 9/11. It's just... that media is *so* right I can't breathe. Find one article about how Fox News is too liberal and I'll ...I don't know- do something weird. There is an actual documentary about how biased Fox is- "Outfoxed". So don't be silly- the news isn't too liberal. It's just... not.
You can't breathe? Get this girl some CPR, quick! Wait, I'll do it myself... muahahaha

But the news is more liberal than conservative. Fox is conservative, yes. Lots of people watch Fox, yes. Lots of people also read the NYT, the WP, watch CBS, ABC, NBC, all of which are liberal. The memos sent out by Murdoch? The same basic thing happened at ABC, except telling people to be harsher on Bush than Kerry. Now, nobody would EVER say Fox is liberal, but Fox is not the entire media. It is one station. One station that started as a counter-point to the "liberal media". "Fair and balanced" was started as a tongue-in-cheek mockery of the rest of the media's self-proclaimed neutrality. I don't know if it's still that way, but my basic point is that overall, the media is liberal.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:49 PM   #485
edible_eye

Quote:
That map means nothing about the population of America- the electoral college is a flawed system, and everyone knows it. The red counties *obviously* were less densly populated than the blue ones. The *popular vote* sort of tells the story when it comes to how many democrats vs. republicans there are... and last I checked it was just almost nearly 50-50. Last election, Al Gore (D) won the popular vote, this election Bush did. It's really close.

So don't call democrats a "minority" just yet there, e_e... :wink:
heh.

when the map is overwhelmingly red, the argument now is that it means nothing about the population? that's a good one. (say that with an arnold schwarzennegger accent, please)

whether or not the electoral college is a flawed system, it's the way presidential elections are done. one could argue that grading in schools is a flawed system, and i believe under clinton that exact argument was used to try and soften the way students were judged, but the bottom line was and still is - that's the way it's done.

popular vote, which was the bone of contention in 2000 and continues to be now - FINAL 50.2 - bush / 48.5 - kerry, as reported from rasmussen reports. close, but an even closer look reveals a vote tally of 59,459,765 for bush and 55,949,407 for kerry. that's a lot of people, no matter how you slice it - a difference of 3,510,358. even if the difference was only one vote, though it wouldn't matter since the popular vote really means nothing in terms of solidifying a candidate for presidency.

and yes, you've addressed the issue of fox news being conservative time and again and i've read almost all of the posts you've written. that doesn't discount the other avenues of newsreporting, though - namely, the big 4 - abc, nbc, cbs and cnn. after that, you have msnbc. moving away from the television we have newspapers, including the hew york times, the los angeles times and the boston globe amongst countless others. there's a big divide and a huge imbalance if the conservative side only has fox.

lastly, about democrats being a minority - i caught myself, or tried to, and attributed it more to the media than to the democrats. although, in this election, voter turn-out would point toward the liberal opinion being the minority...

(ducking in case teapot throws something)
Old 11-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #486
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
That map means nothing about the population of America- the electoral college is a flawed system, and everyone knows it.
Yeah. And if Kerry had won the electoral college and lost the popular vote, which a lot of pundits thought would happen, there would have been a huge push in Washington to finally get rid of it. But, alas, what do pundits know?

Quote:
You can't breathe? Get this girl some CPR, quick! Wait, I'll do it myself... muahahaha

But the news is more liberal than conservative. Fox is conservative, yes. Lots of people watch Fox, yes. Lots of people also read the NYT, the WP, watch CBS, ABC, NBC, all of which are liberal. The memos sent out by Murdoch? The same basic thing happened at ABC, except telling people to be harsher on Bush than Kerry. Now, nobody would EVER say Fox is liberal, but Fox is not the entire media. It is one station. One station that started as a counter-point to the "liberal media". "Fair and balanced" was started as a tongue-in-cheek mockery of the rest of the media's self-proclaimed neutrality. I don't know if it's still that way, but my basic point is that overall, the media is liberal.
i think i'm really starting to enjoy you, granny. never mind your pics, which are, by all male standards, fuckin' blisteringly hot - but i like the way you think.

cheers.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:28 PM   #487
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by edible_eye
i think i'm really starting to enjoy you, granny. never mind your pics, which are, by all male standards, fuckin' blisteringly hot - but i like the way you think.

cheers.
Whoo-hoo, I've been called blisteringly hot! I better mark this moment down for posterity. [Goes and gets a rifle to mark the moment in its sights. Shoots.] [Hey, as I said, I'm an idiot.]

Oh yeah, and, uh, thanks for the thinking comment... :P

Old 11-08-2004, 12:19 AM   #488
edible_eye

how come chics always pull out a rifle when i compliment them? am i really that lecherous?
Old 11-08-2004, 12:54 AM   #489
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
how come chics always pull out a rifle when i compliment them? am i really that lecherous?
::twirls lock of blond hair:: lecherous? like, your skin falls off?

:P

Old 11-08-2004, 02:29 AM   #490
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
::twirls lock of blond hair:: lecherous? like, your skin falls off?

:P
big boobs, pretty face, a functional brain and the ability to act like a dumb blonde when the moment calls for it.

that's one, hot granny.

oh, and before i forget - * pussyhound alert *
Old 11-08-2004, 03:33 AM   #491
CptSternn

Thats not just an SKS, it's a rare modified Chineese version with too many mods to mention (most of which I have done personally).

I can pick a rats arse off at 250y iron sites and about 600y shooting glass.

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 05:55 AM   #492
Disfunction

Quote:
what's black and white and red all over?
Umm... Almost that map that Al had? There's black people.... white people... Asians... Mexican... but black and white suffices... aaaand red for... that thing.

*sings "If only I had a brain"*

Old 11-08-2004, 06:00 AM   #493
Disfunction

Quote:
when the map is overwhelmingly red, the argument now is that it means nothing about the population? that's a good one. (say that with an arnold schwarzennegger accent, please)
Dere's nussing to eet! *Arnoldese* Eess got nussing to do weeth eet!

Old 11-08-2004, 07:19 AM   #494
.BatteryPoison.

It's a dressed up SKS, Sternn. :P

Dis, that little thing is hilarious. I was thinking about posting a picture of me with a glock 17, just cause it actually looks alot like your paper-clip gun from underneath (except alot bigger).

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #495
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
that's one, hot granny.
Hahahaha. Taken out of context...

Old 11-08-2004, 01:07 PM   #496
Disfunction

....it's like making a duct tape wallet, except instead of holding money, it can be used against stupid people to get money.

Old 11-10-2004, 04:35 AM   #497
CptSternn

It may be, but put it this way, the men who have the most respect for the ability of that weapon there, are not around to talk about it

Slán
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:58 AM   #498
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
It may be, but put it this way, the men who have the most respect for the ability of that weapon there, are not around to talk about it

Slán
LOL.

Can't argue with that.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 03:03 PM   #499
Empty_Purple_Stars

I didn't know where to put this, so Imma stick it here.

Karen Hughes is a long time friend of my families.

I have been following her work with Bush over the years.

She just received a new appointment with his administration, and my family and I are very excited for her in this new capacity.

Here's part of the article CNN posted today:

Hughes to spread U.S. message abroad

Monday, March 14, 2005 Posted: 1:38 PM EST (1838 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Declaring the United States "must do better job of engaging the Muslim world," Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice introduced former presidential adviser Karen Hughes Monday as the Bush administration's choice for a State Department post designed to change Islamic perceptions about America.

Hughes, pending confirmation by the Senate, would become undersecretary of state for public diplomacy with the rank of ambassador.

"I'm eager to listen and to learn," Hughes said, with Rice standing at her side.

From the White House, President Bush said "spreading the universal principle of human liberty" is key to changing the conditions that spawn terrorism and thus a crucial part of the nation's long-term security strategy.

"This will require an aggressive effort to share and communicate America's fundamental values while respecting the cultures and traditions of other nations," Bush said in a statement. "Karen Hughes has been one of my most trusted and closest advisers and she has the experience, expertise and judgment to lead this critical effort."

Choosing one of his most-trusted aides "signifies my personal commitment to the international diplomacy that is needed," Bush said.

Introducing Hughes, Rice said the United States must do much more to counter the "hateful propaganda" that is so common in the Islamic world.

Rice said Hughes believes strongly that the United States "must mobilize young people around the world to shatter the mistrust of past grievances and to foster a new spirit of tolerance and mutual respect."

Hughes, who for years has had a major voice in crafting President Bush's domestic message, is a former counselor to the president who left the White House in 2002 to move her family back to Texas.

She is also a former Texas television reporter. She has continued to advise the president from her home in Austin. Although not a diplomat by training, Hughes had a hand in several foreign policy initiatives during Bush's first term, including efforts to promote democracy and improve the lives of women and children in Afghanistan.

Hughes and Powell will focus on Bush's plan to spread democracy in the Middle East, an effort that has gained momentum with recent elections in Iraq and the Palestinian territories.

The two nominees are the latest close Bush aides to follow Rice to the State Department. Rice was Bush's White House national security adviser during his first term. She succeeded Colin Powell as the top U.S. diplomat in January.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html

It's a really cool position with such a nifty sounding title:

Undersecretary of State for Public Diplomacy !

Sounds impressive.

I am going to call my mom back and see if she was able to get ahold of her to say congratulations.

Thought I'd share.

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #500
|BlackOps|Tweeker

http://www.vikingmud.org/guilds/necr...art/royo25.jpg
|BlackOps|Tweeker is offline   Reply With Quote