Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 01:31 PM   #226
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korellyn
Must.... resist... temptation... to make... nice boots comment....
Why resist? I didn't quite manage to stop myself.

Blah... does anybody know how to get gasoline off of leather?
Old 01-27-2004, 07:19 PM   #227
Daz

dare i ask how you got gasoline on your leather???

you may have to take it into a dry cleaner
Old 01-27-2004, 07:24 PM   #228
Daz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegoblin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
congrats icegoblin, i know a few people out here who would benifit from the self confidence and bravery you have shown. i'm not going to try to tell you how to make your friends understand because i've never been in the situation. all i can say is i'm proud of what you've been able to do
and as a little present, i'm going to show you my new boots :twisted:
maybe when you deside to go on your trip you could swing by my end of the world and we'll go out for a coffee
Thank you Daz. Your kind words mean alot. I mayhap to take you up on your offer of coffee.
Awesome boots by the way. 8)
you got it, just let me know you are coming
Old 01-27-2004, 07:35 PM   #229
WolfMoon

dfhbsdhdhndng

Hey Daz,Nice boots.......

I'll have to post a pic of the pair I'm buying come payday.WooHoo new boots!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 PM   #230
Daz

*curls up in wolfmoons lap*
purrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 01-28-2004, 05:23 AM   #231
Asurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz

Damn... there isn't a dry cleaner for about 40 miles. I got gasoline on leather gloves because I was stupid enough to be wearing them while filling my tank at a gas station. The automatic-shutoff on the pump didn't work, so it spewed out a bit of gas when it was full.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:05 AM   #232
Spraeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz

Damn... there isn't a dry cleaner for about 40 miles. I got gasoline on leather gloves because I was stupid enough to be wearing them while filling my tank at a gas station. The automatic-shutoff on the pump didn't work, so it spewed out a bit of gas when it was full.
huh....... well, I got gas on my leather trenchcoat (oddly enough, from the exact same thing happening), and what didn't evaporate I managed to wipe off, and it's fine. Are they leather or suede? (suede might be a little more difficult)

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?
Old 01-31-2004, 09:30 PM   #233
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asurai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daz
and as a little present, i'm going to show you my new boots :twisted:
Eh, is that velvet?

Hey, Daz, nice boots...
You velvet-whore . All a girl has to do to seduce you is drape herself in velvet. I wish everyone was that easy to please... I mean. jeez, even I can do that...

Ravena
Old 01-31-2004, 09:33 PM   #234
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegoblin
Better do this post before I forget.
As of Febuary 1st I will have been 2 years clean and sober. Its been a long road for me and Im just taking it one day at time. Difficult as hell to admit I had a problem even more difficult to address it and do something about it.
Its hard at times to deal with people since I quit drinking. Alot of my supposed friends have deserted me over it, and it does indeed hurt. But I move on, and make due. I never judged any of them for drinking when I had quit, in fact I never even said a damn thing against drinking just that it wasnt right for me anymore. The others who I still talk to have a tendancy to not invite me out anywhere, through some questioning on my part I found out its because most of them are afraid Ill be a "stick in the mud" or preachy somehow.(sigh)
Sometimes you can't do anything right in this world it seems.
*Kisses Icegoblin on the cheek*
Me da's an alchoholic... Congragulations, dahling. I am so happy for you and yours.

Ravena
Old 02-01-2004, 01:59 AM   #235
Ravena

It is now 4:45 in the morning... Can't sleep, clowns'll eat me. Really though...
I traded mail with Hunter for a while, then told myself I would come here and try to "Post myself to sleep". I'm SO full of shit... That'll never happen.
Sigh
The new girl, Darness_Of_The_Night, is one of the other 4 white girls at my school. Be nice, childeren. One of the other two is a preppy wanna-be-r&ber/rapper (She's actually quite popular... bitch) and the other one is a lesbian with a bad attitude.
Bah.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:51 AM   #236
Ravena

If you find vampyres sexy, does that make you a necrophiliac(sp)?

Kyleen
Bah, I mean
Ravena
Old 02-01-2004, 02:55 AM   #237
Spraeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena

Kyleen
Bah, I mean
Ravena
no, but necrophilia sure does give a new meaning to the term "crack open a cold one".......... and it makes you wonder, are necrophiliacs REALLY into dead people, or do they just enjoy the quiet?

What I've felt, what I've known
Sick and tired, I stand alone
Could you be there, 'cause I'm the one who waits for you
Or are you unforgiven too?
Old 02-01-2004, 03:06 PM   #238
Ravena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spraeg
Quote:

Kyleen
Bah, I mean
Ravena
no, but necrophilia sure does give a new meaning to the term "crack open a cold one".......... and it makes you wonder, are necrophiliacs REALLY into dead people, or do they just enjoy the quiet?
:lol:
You are Goth as Fuck! Ta! Lovely! Crack open a cold one, er, break out the bubbly! Yeah, tis what I meant.... :mrgreen:
I just reread the entire Randomness thread... Good times, everyone... Cheers :!:
*Sips the bubbly*

Ravena
Old 02-01-2004, 05:33 PM   #239
pitseleh

By that time I'll be asleep, so congratulations, sweetie! It's true, after 21 it's all downhill. :wink:
Old 02-02-2004, 05:44 AM   #240
Perfectly_Flawed

Icegoblin - that's quite admirable. Congrats and kudos to you.

Quote:
I just reread the entire Randomness thread... Good times, everyone... Cheers :!:
*Sips the bubbly*

Ravena
You re-read this thread ... wowzers. Cheers!

eyesofatragedy - Happy Birthday!

... I think you're in luck though. Often, when you have expectations, you are disappointed. So maybe 21 and beyond won't be that bad after all.

Found the most darling book at a book sale in Brisbane ... A Pleasury of Witticisms & Wordplay.

From the -

Omigod, I just found out I got accepted into my first preference, uni-wise! ... second round offers. For the first round, I had been given my second preference, Psychology- criminology at a university my father deemed hopeless. We visted the other, "prestigious" university just today, to find out that I missed the cut-off score for my subject by one point. Soo, it seemed I'd have to endure a year of the other course and do extremely well in order to transfer. Now ... 'tis all good.

My dad's finally happy ... and I'm glad. Me? Hmm, it wouldn't have bugged me too much to have just had my second preference. I'm lacking in direction and have no idea what I want to do with my life, so it's not like I missed out on something I really wanted. But I'm just glad that he doesn't have to be disappointed ... all those sacrifices made and aid given to get me here ... heh.

Though the offer hasn't been made official yet - still have to receive the letter in the mail. I just checked the TISC website, TISC being the body through which tertiary offers and such are organized and distributed in WA. I'll contain my excitement till it's on paper.

Anyway, I got off track. From the 'Classroom Boners' section. *Ahem*

*If one angle of a triangle is more than 90 degrees the triangle is obscene

*A polygon with seven sides is called a hooligan

*A triangle inside a circle is called a circumcised triangle

*Rural life is found mostly in the country

*The general direction of the Alps is up

*Napoleon had three children, not one of whom lived to maternity

*A martyr is a pile of wood set on fire with a man on top

*Unleavened bread is bread made without any ingredients

*A census is a man who goes from house to house increasing the population
Old 02-02-2004, 09:44 AM   #241
RetroGoth_queen

Thats Cool, I got my first preference too! :twisted: Now I shall take over the world
Old 02-03-2004, 09:00 AM   #242
WolfMoon

Re: dfhbsdhdhndng

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
Hey Daz,Nice boots.......

I'll have to post a pic of the pair I'm buying come payday.WooHoo new boots!!!
Actually due to unexpected circumstances,I didn't get my new boots.And they were on sale...boohoo... :cry: Now someone else is going to have them instead of me.But everything else is going alright in my dreary little world of black..I might get a new job soon,the one I'm at right now is driving me crazy.I've been getting that bored-here-time-to-move-on feeling lately.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:59 PM   #243
Ravena

My newspaper meeting got cancelled today... Bah. And I had just finished a new story. Starting my next one on monday. I'm the Editor, so I get to crack whip.
*Cracks whip*
Wolfmoon, may I borrow one of yours so that I may have one for each hand?
Happy B-day Eyes! Hung over yet?

Ravena
Old 02-05-2004, 11:29 PM   #244
Perfectly_Flawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGoth_queen
Thats Cool, I got my first preference too! :twisted: Now I shall take over the world
Congrats.

I've been organizing my timetable ... frustrating at first, but I got the hang of it. Sometimes I'm in the mood for organizing and tidyng things ... weird little me.

One of my friends is going back to Israel for a month or so. As suggested by my choice of words, "going back", she's from there. She moved to Perth almost two years ago. We didn't become close till mid-to-late last year, but now we're almost (dare I say) inseparable. She is the one goth friend that I have. She's actually part goth, part hippy, depending on her mood. I digress ... she misses Israel, and I'm afraid that I'll lose her. That she'll be disappointed when she has to return to Perth, and that she'll wish she were back with her other friends instead of me.

I have very little faith in relationships. That they will last. Half my luck, the people with whom I have developed close friendships with, either don't live in Perth, or have gone back to their countries. And the physical divide adds to my fears that we will grow distant as friends. So far, I've been lucky. With one, at least ... one of my closest, closest friends who I love and adore continues to make an effort to stay in touch. Consistently, too. I hope that we will remain friends (or become more than that) for many more years, but I'm not expecting anything.

I'm just living for the moment.
Old 02-05-2004, 11:47 PM   #245
.Sylph

We had our first cadaver lab in school today! Spinal cords are squishy. Fascia (the thing wrapped around muscles) has this odd prismatic quality to it. And a femur would make a great hammer. The strange thing though? The cadavers, all of which were male, had pink socks. No kidding.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:25 AM   #246
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Sylph
The cadavers, all of which were male, had pink socks.
Well, then they had it coming, hadn't they?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 AM   #247
Maimy

It could be a lack of perspective on this, but I am not sure whether the fact that on this, the eve of the first anniversary of my father's death (and the 36th anniversary of my coming into the world), thoughts of pink-socked cadavers are somehow comforting makes me a sicko. Maybe it makes me more goth than I give myself credit for being.

My dad didn't give his whole cadaver, but did donate a pair of perfectly serviceable eyes before his cremation.

I like the thought that, before they put him in the fire, he might have had some pink socks on. Even just for a little while.

I like that my mom called me yesterday here at work to tell me to celebrate my birthday. I like that my dad would certainly want me to. I like that my friends have circled the wagons around me, getting ready to take me out dancing tomorrow. I like that tomorrow is also the anniversary of something beautiful - the first time Love and I ever said "I love you".

It's all a messy, mixed-up package of memories I'm caught up in this week. But they're all hooked to blessings. I am the most fortunate of women.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:21 AM   #248
kog3100

Git that lil' Maimy!

I don't know what everyone's expectations of being 36 are, but we should all hope to be as luscious as Maimy is.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:50 AM   #249
cussedness

Perfect_flawed, some friendships go the distance and others do not. You never know. I have friends with whom I've stayed in constant contact with for nine years even though we have for the last seven lived on opposite coasts.

Maimy, chin up. I'm glad you have your friends around you.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:53 AM   #250
Maimy

Ladies and gents, a biased opinion. You can't trust someone to speak objectively about the person who's regularly attached to his genitals.

Thanks, sweets.
Closed Thread