Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-08-2006, 11:49 AM   #26
She_Is_My_Sin

I find it pretty calming. If I can't sleep, I'll usually do it in my head. I do it with letters as well.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:29 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

My post on the Word Association thread reminded me of a quite... "peculiar" quirk.
I find it almost impossible to *ahem* let's say, pleasure myself, because of my symmetry quirk, as I'm not accustomed to do things that only require one hand...

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:23 AM   #28
Dead Cell

I can't come into someones house with out being invited... Someone called me a vampire cause I used to wear black and grey vests with dress pants and shit. Lol. I never got it until I read somewhere that a vampire must be invited into your house to come in.
Dead Cell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 03:00 AM   #29
Cicero

I have a lot of similar quirks to c130.

I'll never drink out of someone else's drink or let them drink out of mine. If I have no choice but to share with someone, I'll demand to drink my share first, then let the other person drink the rest. Or just skip it all together. I have been known to turn down water while on the verge of heatstroke just because someone else had taken a sip from the only bottle available.

I also hate hugs. Most just consist of me standing uncomfortably (after flinching back) and giving the 'hugger' a few light taps on the shoulder. Somehow I feel the taps make up for the lack of enthusiasm, sort of like "I hate hugs, but it's the thought that counts so here's a pat on the back...".

Basically any form of closeness to people (other than those few I'm ravenously attracted to) makes me insanely uncomfortable. The worst is when I can feel someone breathing on me, especially if it's a stranger. Eugh, just the thought sends a shiver of disgust down my spine.

There are a few others, but I can't think of them right now...

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #30
Pyre

One that I don't have anymore which was more of a quirk than a form of OCD was that I would hear a word on TV, and I would spell it out in my head. I didn't do this with every word, I simply picked out words at random. I don't do it anymore, but I recall doing it a lot years ago.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #31
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I have a lot of similar quirks to c130.

I'll never drink out of someone else's drink or let them drink out of mine. If I have no choice but to share with someone, I'll demand to drink my share first, then let the other person drink the rest. Or just skip it all together. I have been known to turn down water while on the verge of heatstroke just because someone else had taken a sip from the only bottle available.

I also hate hugs. Most just consist of me standing uncomfortably (after flinching back) and giving the 'hugger' a few light taps on the shoulder. Somehow I feel the taps make up for the lack of enthusiasm, sort of like "I hate hugs, but it's the thought that counts so here's a pat on the back...".

Basically any form of closeness to people (other than those few I'm ravenously attracted to) makes me insanely uncomfortable. The worst is when I can feel someone breathing on me, especially if it's a stranger. Eugh, just the thought sends a shiver of disgust down my spine.

There are a few others, but I can't think of them right now...
I am the same way, even with the tapping the shoulder thing. It's funny, I am fine with hugging on girls and stuff, but I will only hug certain guys, and I have to either like the guy, feel comfortable with the guy, or just pity him to give him a hug. With the pity hugs I give an unenthusiastic hug, though. Rarely do I give enthusiastic hugs at all; In fact, the summer before last was the first time I ever gave a real hug to anyone of the male gender.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #32
Cicero

I'm actually better with hugging guys than girls. Maybe because most guys who hug me are very close friends, so it doesn't feel like such an invasion of personal space. They're the sorts of guys I think of as brothers. Though when my biological sister tries to hug me I still flinch, haha.

And I thought of another OCD! I hate sand with a passion. Love the beach, hate hate hate the sand. When I was little I'd always have to have my feet washed in the ocean, and then get CARRIED back to the car, because I couldn't stand having sand on my feet. At our beach house I become a keep-the-sand-off-the-floors Nazi. If it manages to find it's way into the bedsheets I won't sleep until I've shaken out everything and washed my damn feet! Yet somehow a majority of my family doesn't mind the icky grittiness at all, and so they gladly let sand get on everything in the entire house. Grrrrr... Sand angers me.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:39 PM   #33
Born Again

One of my biggest obsessions would be hair. I absolutely HATE it! I have certain rituals that I perform in the shower so that I will not have to be associated with fallen hair.

Also, I can't stand loud sounds such as ticking clocks, eating sounds, coughing, snoring, burping and other obscene humanly functions.