Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-09-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
ArtificialOne

300!!!!!

OYG!!

I frickin loved this movie!!! What an absolutely great job of mixing up legend and reality. Not to mention the score and all the beautiful naked breasted women!!!! lol (You girls have most of the eye candy though so don't go yelling at me).

Wish NIN would have done a few songs in it though.

Go see this movie. People were cheering and ohing and clapping.

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #2
darkness before dawn

It does look like a cool flick. I'm gonna try and steal an afternoon to myself and check it out.
darkness before dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
wishcat

Yea, I saw it last night and it was pretty cool. That crowd was pretty fun also. Eye candy for the women? lol. Yea there were lots of buff half naked men in this that looked pretty good.

I had fun watching it.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Aude Sapere

I am so glad it wasn't animated, i was skeptical from the commercials. I loved all the gore and blood, and even though the Spartans didn't talk as much in real life as they did in the movie, it was spectacular. I got to watch it twice in a row on opening night XD. Your life is not fufilled untill you ahve seen it.
Aude Sapere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #5
IsolatedReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialOne
Wish NIN would have done a few songs in it though.
Those previews were misleading. NIN was one of the primary reasons I went to see it. I heard NIN, saw that it didn't look to bad, then went to see it. I really enjoyed the movie, but was mildly let down by the distinct lack of Reznor...
IsolatedReptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
Godslayer Jillian

Termophylae is my favorite battle of all times.
I bet you not many people have stopped to think of your favorite battle ever.
Anyway, I actually don't like that the creators of Sin City made this movie.
I feel this movie shouldn't be like Sin City so much as Alexander.
Then again, I haven't seen it, so I'll see if I think the same after going to the movies.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:31 PM   #7
ArtificialOne

You must see this movie Jillian. I'm somewhat of a history buff, and I think he did a much better job with this than sin city. He even includes historical facts now and then (like the inverted V on the shields and the way they use to train you soldiers). Alot of the princibles that the spartans came up with are used in most of todays militaries for training.

And it has to has some accuracy, I mean it seems to be insulting Iran now...

Not to mention it had just some kick ass effects in it....lol

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 03-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #8
killer_asian_Dax

I have never seen so much beefcake in my life until I saw that movie. As far as eye candy....I much prefer my men skinnier. But that's not to say that I don't appreciate the well developed male form. I also thought they did a great job on the Persian king. Very pretty.

It's a great fucking movie. Definitely WORTH the however much you pay in your state/country to go see.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:33 PM   #9
KontanKarite

The Persian King was just tasty. That's saying a lot since I'm normally not attracted to dark complected people. But that God King was just delectable.

I was actually more impressed with the male bodies than I was with the female ones. The females were alright I suppose.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 01:31 PM   #10
Pyre

I had originally planned on seeing this with some friends, but not only did all but one friend have to back out, but then that friend realized he already promised to see it with his friends. Soo. . . we had to watch Reno 911 (which was still good). I really, really want to see 300, though >.<

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 07:42 AM   #11
Valerius

I swear, this was probably the best movie I've watched in the longest time. The cinematography was just plain beautiful. The characters, the scenery, the acting was the best. Even though I just saw it this afternoon, I still want to watch it again!

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #12
Clockwork

Everyone keeps talking about it at my school... they don't stop. It's come to the point where I don't hear three-hundred without becoming annoyed.

But I guess I might end up seeing it, if so many of you are recommending it...
Old 03-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #13
ArtificialOne

You better see it... or else....lol

No you'll love it.

If not you better.... lmao

Nothing like peer pressure eh?

P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
Old 03-20-2007, 11:19 PM   #14
Seraphynth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerius
I swear, this was probably the best movie I've watched in the longest time. The cinematography was just plain beautiful. The characters, the scenery, the acting was the best. Even though I just saw it this afternoon, I still want to watch it again!

Definitely. I was amazed by the direction and and all those other technical terms. I hated only having to watching fighitng (I like a little more to my movies than just guys hacking off other guys' limbs) but I was VERY impressed. It's definitely a recommended movie and now one of my favourites (despite my lack of enjoying the battles its obvious that it was a brilliant movie). The movie was just so amazing. If it doesn't win several awards, I think I'll be more than a bit upset. P:

I don't think that made much sense...but its how I feel about the movie. Dx
Seraphynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
Saddiction

I saw it the other night. I rather enjoyed the cinematography. I walked in with the idea that it would be more fiction than fact. That wasn't the case at all. Atleast I didn't think so. It was also very aesthetically pleasing.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #16
Crying_Crimson_Tears

A lot of people at my school say they enjoyed it and it was really good. Most of them have to went to see it multiple times. I don't see the enjoyment in it, I don't care for movies like that.

What exactly is it about anyway??? All I get from it is that it's a lot of blood and gore.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
Saddiction

The cinematography was great and I just happen to like ancient history. I enjoyed it more for the aesthetic, than the blood and gore (which was very tame anyway).
Old 03-30-2007, 05:08 AM   #18
soggypicklemuncher

I don't think I want to see it. The online banner ads strike me as being pretty gay in the not good sense. And the CG pecs and abs are plain ridiculous. However, I might read about the actual battle.

You only see what you want to believe
When you creep from the back
I got tricks up my sleeve
24/7 the devil's best friend
It makes no difference
It's all the same in the end

-"Same in the End" by Sublime
soggypicklemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 06:01 AM   #19
Vyvian Blackthorne

OMG D00D 300!!! WTF ROFL LOZAA1111111
I'm not really the first one to see these kinds of films. Hollywood at its attempt to appeal to the simple-minded male audience with their breast slips and fight scenes. Artistically it conquers, like Saddiction mentioned with the greyscale cinematography as well as its modernised fighters. I didn't like how they had a limitied amount of gore for Hollywood blockbusters either barely put any violence at all in films or they just go to the challenge of trying to copy bloodsplatter horror cinema. It's all bleak to me, so the film I come from I can't say I was reelled in.
Entertaining, though.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #20
gulfcoastanthem

It was a good movie. The visuals were stunning (not to mention the abs...) and I teared up at the end.
Like many, though, I was unimpressed with the modernized aspects of the movie. The music didn't bother me, it fit well with the action. What bothered me was how the movie did not feel as if it took place long ago (as it should have), it felt like a modern-day, over-CGed Hollywood movie.

Everyone at my school is currently obsessed with 300, but it's just another Napoleon Dynamite movie fad.
gulfcoastanthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM   #21
Dream_ALittle_Dream_of_Me

Hehe, http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=231
Dream_ALittle_Dream_of_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:06 PM   #22
Firestorm

Movie of the year!
Great movie in all aspects.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 02:14 PM   #23
honeythorn

I liked it, but that hunchback pissed me off no end, and I found it to be slightly ...overdone? I also don't think it was anywhere near as gory as the media made it out to be. I think there was a little too much hype. I recognised David wenham's voice as narrator immediately!! I got a bit overexcited when I saw him ( the guy with the injured eye who got sent home ) and sort of started gibbering " faramir !!faramir!!! " to my friend..
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #24
Saphyra Runa

We saw it opening day here. Loved it. Can't wait to own it and watch it again.

The whole movie is based on the graphic novel of the same name. The look and feel of the movie was to match the look and feel of the graphic novel; which is beautifully illustrated by Frank Miller.

300 HC preview pages

Pardon the unfinishedness of it all
Saphyra Runa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #25
Drake Dun

Wow. I and everybody I know over here found it rather mediocre, and somehow I assumed that the response was the same back in the U.S. It wasn't bad, but basically it was a bunch of people running around sticking pointy objects into each other. A tolerable way to pass a couple of hours, but nothing to jump up and down about.

Story-wise, it was hopelessly purile, and the dialog was inane. The acting was solid, though.

I didn't really see it as being terribly political. There are paralells to draw there, if you want to, but it didn't feel like the makers were trying to get us to draw them. For which I was grateful. If it had turned out to be some retarded allegory for the Iraq war or something I would have hated it.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote