Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:43 PM   #176
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
Too be honest, there is a chance that you may never see eachother several years from now. 'Love' is often misunderstood at such a young age. 15 is too young to know what one truly wants. This comment is not geared to be offensive. I'm just stating my opinions based on observations and personal experiences.
Like Lugosi stated, you do not know either of us. Mentally, we are far from teenagers. We are both old souls, so to say. And the extent of our bond; our love.. it is a rare thing these days. Trust me.. I know this from experience..
You are making generalized statements, and neither of us appreciate it.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:44 PM   #177
dark_dragon_of_ice

I think its very imature to think you know it all when your just 15 wisdom comes with age and there is still alot we must learn.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #178
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHeartedDemoness
Can you imagine being 15 years old and already knowing who you wanted to spend the rest of your life with? I mean actually KNOWING, and not just hoping or thinking maybe?

Now imagine trying to explain to the other people your age, who are just not ready to imagine that yet. And imagine explaining it to your parents, who haven't even considered you moving out yet.

Now picture yourself at the one place you think people actually understand you. Sure, it's the internet, but you actually feel somewhat at home. And then you feel comfortable enough to share with people this unusual decision, and someone laughs at you with assumptions that you haven't thought it through.

Wouldn't you be a bit defensive?
Thank you, DHD..
Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #179
Saddiction

Quote:
And then you feel comfortable enough to share with people this unusual decision, and someone laughs at you with assumptions that you haven't thought it through.
I never regarded the issue as 'funny'. If I did, I would have inserted 'lol' into the context. I wasn't making assumptions either. Please feel free to use quotes to validate that statement.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #180
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
I think its very imature to think you know it all when your just 15 wisdom comes with age and there is still alot we must learn.
Couple of things real quick. You ought to have punctuated like this:

Quote:
I think it's very immature to think you know it all when you're just 15. Wisdom comes with age, and there is still a lot we must learn.
Also, it's not your relationship, so I'm not sure why you care. You're not old enough to make that decision, but who are you to assess their maturity? Do you know them?
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM   #181
korinna5555

Quote:
Wisdom does not always come with age. My own mother has been telling me since I was a small child that I am far too wise for my years.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #182
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddiction
I never regarded the issue as 'funny'. If I did, I would have inserted 'lol' into the context. I wasn't making assumptions either. Please feel free to use quotes to validate that statement.
Fine, take out the part about laughing. Perhaps that wasn't how you intended it. I apologize for that misinterpretation. I do feel that you assumed that they hadn't thought it through, though. Why else would you have felt compelled to post that? And "15 is too young to know what one truly wants" does seem to be an assumption.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #183
korinna5555

And, I would like to add that my momma is aware of our engagement. She has not yet said she supports it, but she is not objecting.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #184
DarkHeartedDemoness

If it helps, Korinna, I'm 20 and my mom objects to me moving in with the man I've been dating for the last 3 years.

If your mum hasn't said she supports you yet, it could be just because she's your mum.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-27-2007, 05:58 PM   #185
Saddiction

Quote:
Fine, take out the part about laughing. Perhaps that wasn't how you intended it. I apologize for that misinterpretation. I do feel that you assumed that they hadn't thought it through, though. Why else would you have felt compelled to post that? And "15 is too young to know what one truly wants" does seem to be an assumption.
You could interpret that as an assumption, but I meant it to be more of a generalization.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:00 PM   #186
DarkHeartedDemoness

Vive le difference.

I'm not saying you're a terrible person, or what you said was completely out-of-line. I'm just trying to explain to you that it's not difficult to take it wrong, particularly given the mentality I described.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 PM   #187
Lykaios

Quote:
If it helps, Korinna, I'm 20 and my mom objects to me moving in with the man I've been dating for the last 3 years.

If your mum hasn't said she supports you yet, it could be just because she's your mum.
In my honest opinion, I doubt her mom will ever object. She knows her daughter, she seems to really like me, and I'm sure that she will verbalize her support at some point. In fact, the first words she said to her when told, if I remember correctly, were 'Don't rush into anything'. The tone in which that was spoken was not scolding. More of the 'smile on the face, simple advice' tone.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:09 PM   #188
Clockwork

._.

God. I remember a time when I would have been supporting your opinion all the way, Lykaios -_-
Old 04-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #189
Lykaios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork
._.

God. I remember a time when I would have been supporting your opinion all the way, Lykaios -_-
And why has that changed?

I don't ask anyone to support my opinion, just respect it.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:13 PM   #190
Lykaios

This whole argument is solely based on a load of age discrimination. Take that away, and I'm sure all of you would be handing out congratulations. Knock it the fuck off, already. I don't want to hear it.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #191
dark_dragon_of_ice

Quote:

Also, it's not your relationship, so I'm not sure why you care. You're not old enough to make that decision, but who are you to assess their maturity? Do you know them?
I know. I wasn’t meaning to judge their relationship, I was just saying that we don’t know everything and to act like we do is foolish.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #192
DarkHeartedDemoness

To be fair, Ly, you really do have to resign yourself to the fact that many people aren't going to understand. You also have to acknowledge that many other people your age that say they're engaged are just being stupid. With those things in mind, you may want to tone down your reactions, at least slightly.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-27-2007, 06:22 PM   #193
Lykaios

Quote:
I know. I wasn’t meaning to judge their relationship, I was just saying that we don’t know everything and to act like we do is foolish.
It has nothing to do with immaturity, and I'm plenty aware of the extent of my knowledge. I'll admit when I'm wrong. It's impossible for anyone to know everything, anyway. The quest never ends. There is always new information.

So, once again, stop it.

"I know nothing but the fact of my own ignorance" - Socrates

(Yes, I'm probably one of the biggest philosophy junkies in all of Gnet)
Old 04-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #194
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
While that's a valid point, they weren't pretending to know everything, so that's not entirely a relevant point. They were just saying they know themselves well enough to make that decision.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #195
dark_dragon_of_ice

I wish you great happiness then =P.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #196
mrs.wes straker

I don't see what is so difficult to understand about teenagers not being fully mature, hence, it being preferable to wait a bit long before making such a final decision, like marriage.

That's what I was going to say until I remembered being 15. I was engaged, and I did marry. I probably still would have been married to the guy had he not turned out to be such a complete piece of crap. At that age, I was faithful, I did love a true love that being jaded by the world will never allow me to feel again, and it could've worked, had the person been just as committed to loving me honestly and faithfully.

Now that aside, I have changed drastically since 15. That was nine years ago. People can grow together, and it takes a lot of work, patience, understanding, and acceptance. All marriages, no matter what age people are when they enter into them are at great risk because of unrealistic expectations and an underestimation of the work it takes to keep a relationship together.

Marriage at a young age isn't advocated for because of the enormous changes people make as they go from the last step of adolescence to adulthood. It's not age discrimination. Mistakes you make ultimately make who you are. Then again, maybe it's not a mistake. Who can see the future? Que sera, sera.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #197
Lykaios

Has anyone taken into consideration that in the olden days, people were already MARRIED at 15?!? Yes, I know they didn't have much of a choice, but still.

Just thought I'd bring that up.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #198
DarkHeartedDemoness

So? They also didn't do it for love. It was money and politics. Also, children were forced to work like adults, and often died in factories. The old days aren't helping to prove your point, sweetheart.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 04-27-2007, 06:32 PM   #199
Lykaios

Quote:
So? They also didn't do it for love. It was money and politics. Also, children were forced to work like adults, and often died in factories. The old days aren't helping to prove your point, sweetheart.
I never said it proved my point. I was more interested in it's stupidity.

I was having one of my tangent moments, right there.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:34 PM   #200
mrs.wes straker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykaios
Has anyone taken into consideration that in the olden days, people were already MARRIED at 15?!? Yes, I know they didn't have much of a choice, but still.

Just thought I'd bring that up.
I used to say that. Society was different then. Life spans were shorter. Let's put it like this: Are you able to pay the following bills:

Around $1000 per month for housing
Approximately $300 per month if you plan on driving only ONE new car: The car note and financing
Approximately $300 in utilties
About $300 for groceries to feed 2 monthly
About $300 for health insurance premiums
About $150 montly in gasoline

I don't even think this covers the bare minimum, and it's what married people do. They live on their own and pay bills.