Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Hello everybody!

Hi!
I'm new here and I though I might post an introduction before anything else, so you know me a little.

In the Net I'm know as Lady Lacrimosa Umbrae (Obvious ^^U) I'm 17 years old and I live in the south of Spain. I'm a student of Arts, and next year I'll start studying Translation at University, though I hope to become a writer.

I enjoy writing, drawing, designing and sewing, crafts, and pretty much anything that's creative. I also like reading, watching movies, learning about arts and languages, and japanese comics.

Though it's hard to choose only one, I would say my favourtie author is Edgar Allan Poe, and my favourite movie "Cabinet of Dr.Caligari". My favourite band is Lacrimosa.

Talking about clothes, I prefer the more classical victorian-style attire, though I usually tame it down and mix it with elements of the more modern dark fashions. I see clothes and stetics as another form of art.

I suppose the thing I miss most about being a little kid is having more free time... right now I'm up to my eyes in exams. Though I guess I'm still a little kid in many ways.

I joined because I have been an asiduous reader of this page for quite a time, and I decided it was time to join in. I have considered myself a member of the gothic subculture for some years, and this community is one of the most important meeting points for the gothic community online. I thought that it might be a good way of communicating with interesting people from all over the world.

I hope this is enough, though I didn't answer all the questions (really... I don't know what music do I want to have played at my wedding... I don't even want to get married... ^^U).
Ok, I hope we get on well
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #2
Breathless Horror

What, no mention of your death and casket. Tisk tisk :P. Welcome to g-net! I'm sure everyone will <3 you. Just out of curiosity, whereabouts in Spain? My aunt teaches in Barcelona, and I might go for a visit. Any ideas for good places to go?

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
Dancing_in_rain

You live in Spain? Lucky you...some friends of mine used to live there, some in Madrid, others in Barcelona. The ones from Madrid moved here to Montreal a little while back, much to my joy. Anyhow, moving on from that, welcome! The Lacrymosa section from Mozart's Requiem is beautiful!

Yawn. This is rather tedious, is it not?

www.chansondeplume.blogspot.com
^Mon blog d'ecriture en francais. Veuillez lire et commenter!
Translation: My writing blog in french. Feel free to read and comment.

Dancing_in_rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Thanks! ^^

I live in a small town, near the city of Cadiz (that's the very south of Andalusia). I know some people from Barcelona, though I've never been there. I looks as though Barcelona is one of the big centres of the subculture here... it has its own "gothic quartier" (gothic both because of the architecture and the people around ^^) in the center of the city... and one friend of mine is always talking endlessly about a pub called "Undead" (like that, using the English word from Bela Lugosi's Dead ^O^)... I'm sorry I can't be of much help -_-U

Don't think Spain is that great... Madrid is ok, and Barcelona sounds as if it was ok too, but as I say I live in a small town in the south and I can't stand it... Sun... Heat... Endless summer weather... Posers... >_<

By the way, yes, isn't the Lacrymosa section of the Requiem just wonderful?
Old 05-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Vako

i recepción impresionante !
Vako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #6
Draconysius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae
I see clothes and stetics as another form of art.
That's something we share in common. Fashion is a form of self-expression too, even moreso when the articles of clothing are custom-made.
Welcome!
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 PM   #7
Breathless Horror

I'll be sure to check out the pub, as long as there aren't any age restrictions there. A lot of places in Canada have a ridiculous 18+ age requirement. I have been quite rudely refused entry to supposedly "public" places on many an occasion. *shakes fist in direction Parlaiment Buildings*

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
Ishkabibble

Let me tell you, you're quite lucky to live in a place where the gothic society has at least some peace. Hee. Unlike here.
Anyway, welcome.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #9
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

In Spain, theorically, those age restrictions exist too... theorically. If you look 18, I think they will let you in. I don't think there will be much trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkabibble
Let me tell you, you're quite lucky to live in a place where the gothic society has at least some peace. Hee. Unlike here.
What do you mean by that? I don't understand what you're referring to by "some peace" (puppy eyes)
Old 05-06-2007, 07:57 PM   #10
Dancing_in_rain

I can look 18...I just don't bother. I can have plenty of fun without going out to a club. :P

Old 05-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #11
erotomaniac87

Well, hello there, Lady L., welcome to g.net. I very much hope you enjoy your stay.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #12
DarkGentleman

Did I miss something? Ah yes, the 14 intro questions were not answered.

Welcome to Gnet, Lady L
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:11 AM   #13
Mrs_Valo

Hola =D I love Spain & Spanish music...have u ever heard of Monica Naranjo? She's my favorite singer!

Welllcome =D
Mrs_Valo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 06:51 PM   #14
Dancing_in_rain

Monica Naranjo is amazing. I personally love spanish music, but maybe that's a consequence of flamenco dancing. Olé!

Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #15
Lady_Lacrimosa_Umbrae

Of course I've heard of her! I'm not a great fan, but I find her music is ok She's truly famous here!

I'm surprised by the amount of people here who feel interest in my country, study Spanish or dance flamenco like you, or things like that ^_^