Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
LynLyntheNecrophiliac

My Little Threadling...

'ello my pretties...how might you be?

Where shall I start? Meh, I'll fill out the questions...then see where I can go from there...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
What do I "do"? I "do" my boyfriend, you sickos. (hehe) In all seriousness, though. I love to dance...there's nothing like having a stressful day at work/school, then coming home and just dancing away into nothingness... dancing into a world where no one can make fun of you, point or throw things at you, and no one can piss you off.
I also love to beat the hell out of a punching bag... that always blows off steam.
My friends are my life... even though I have so few, they mean the world to me.
My boyfriend is the goofiest, dorkiest, funniest son-of-a-bitch that you could ever meet. He's nerdy, he's sweet, he's playful, he's a dickhead, and he's one of the most wonderful people I've ever known.
Painting is another escape of mine...just me, an easle, something to paint on, my paints, my palette, brushes & water, and a cup of French Vanilla cappuccino is the greatest.
Reading's great, I love having the ability to look into other people's minds and see a movie in mine....

2. Where are you from?
I was born in Canandaigua, NY, and lived in Bloomfield, NY, but I moved from NY when I was 4 to Salina, KS. I've also lived (in Kansas) in Assaria, Solomon, Culver, and New Cambria.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Stephen King...that man has the mind of a genius and the words of a serial killer. ^.^ Yay

4. What are your favorite films? Eh, too many to count...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
"Die My Bride" by the Murderdolls

6. At your funeral?
Eh, don't want to think about that.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I don't really want to DIE...I'd give anything to be dressed in my sexiest, most gothic outfit, out at either a club or a rave, and have some random, sexy stranger come up to me and dance with me. Afterwards, when one of us is invited to the other's place, we make passionate love, and right after, he turns out to be a vampire, and he turns me into one. Then, we'd rule the night, King and Queen of whatever town we'd be in.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Um...my casket would be for ACTUAL sleeping... something that's comfortable... and black... or black and red.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
For regular wear: my boyfriend's Tripp shorts that jingle when I walk, my knockoff Converse (I'm too poor to afford real ones), my Marilyn Manson 'EAT ME, DRINK ME' shirt, and my Night of the Living Dead hoodie.
For dressy wear: My Lip Service pants with my straps, my shoes with four-inch heels that look like I could stomp your face in with them, my maroon dress with a corseted-looking front and black velvet stripes and bows at the bottom, with puffy sleeves and black lace, and my black trenchcoat.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
No cares in the world... the only thing that I cared about was what to play next.

11. What's your favorite band?
Oh, you suck...I love all kinds of music... INCLUDING country, some "emo" bands, and certain rap singers (Tech N9ne fucking rocks...he's also from my state).... But, I guess some of them would include: Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Disturbed, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, The Murderdolls, Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, Cradle of Filth... as well as the music of Danny Elfman... that man is a musical genius....

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm a junior in high school this year... and I plan on working with art afterwards...

13. Why did you join?
Make new friends...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm a female, you dote.

Well... just comment me back on these... add me as a friends... whatever.

Lyndsie

PS-Invader Zim is the shiznit.
As are Taquitos.
I love Mexican food.
LynLyntheNecrophiliac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
Abyssmal

You might want to edit that post.

A few suggestions:

1. Mention some gothic bands. Those that you mentioned were mainly metal/black metal bands. As long as you don't think those are gothic bands, then you should be good. Try looking into the music thread or looking up the label Projekt, maybe even looking into the works of Bauhaus, Depeche mode, and Cruxshadows. Though I like Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, and Cradle of Filth, others on this forum will probably not be as understanding.

2. Know that clothing is not what makes you goth. Trenchcoats, Tripp, Lip Service, along with others like Illig are usually worn by peaxseurs. Along with music, as long as you know that the clothing is not what makes you a goth, then all is cool.

3. The vampire goal will get you seriously flamed on these forums, so I would suggest not mentioning it again.

4. If you are trying to make friends, either invest in a flame retardent suit, or try not to get into a flame war.

5. Watch your grammer and spelling. You'll know why soon enough

Other than that, welcome.

~Abyssmal

Ps. In my opinion, you are a cool person, but try to follow my advise, trust me in the fact that I followed the same path you are about to imbark upon. For more info read the "My Eulogy" thread in the Introduction forums.

Abyssmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssmal
You might want to edit that post.

A few suggestions:

1. Mention some gothic bands. Those that you mentioned were mainly metal/black metal bands. As long as you don't think those are gothic bands, then you should be good. Try looking into the music thread or looking up the label Projekt, maybe even looking into the works of Bauhaus, Depeche mode, and Cruxshadows. Though I like Dimmu Borgir, Disturbed, and Cradle of Filth, others on this forum will probably not be as understanding.

2. Know that clothing is not what makes you goth. Trenchcoats, Tripp, Lip Service, along with others like Illig are usually worn by peaxseurs. Along with music, as long as you know that the clothing is not what makes you a goth, then all is cool.

3. The vampire goal will get you seriously flamed on these forums, so I would suggest not mentioning it again.

4. If you are trying to make friends, either invest in a flame retardent suit, or try not to get into a flame war.

5. Watch your grammer and spelling. You'll know why soon enough

Other than that, welcome.

~Abyssmal

Ps. In my opinion, you are a cool person, but try to follow my advise, trust me in the fact that I followed the same path you are about to imbark upon. For more info read the "My Eulogy" thread in the Introduction forums.

Try to follow my advice...watch YOUR grammar and spelling.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Try to follow my advice...watch YOUR grammar and spelling.
What did I spell wrong?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
delicti

Well, I hate to say I could tell what the answer to number #11 was going to be after reading #9, but I could.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #6
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynLyntheNecrophiliac
'ello my pretties...how might you be?

Where shall I start? Meh, I'll fill out the questions...then see where I can go from there...

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
What do I "do"? I "do" my boyfriend, you sickos. (hehe) In all seriousness, though. I love to dance...there's nothing like having a stressful day at work/school, then coming home and just dancing away into nothingness... dancing into a world where no one can make fun of you, point or throw things at you, and no one can piss you off.
I also love to beat the hell out of a punching bag... that always blows off steam.
My friends are my life... even though I have so few, they mean the world to me.
My boyfriend is the goofiest, dorkiest, funniest son-of-a-bitch that you could ever meet. He's nerdy, he's sweet, he's playful, he's a dickhead, and he's one of the most wonderful people I've ever known.
Painting is another escape of mine...just me, an easle, something to paint on, my paints, my palette, brushes & water, and a cup of French Vanilla cappuccino is the greatest.
Reading's great, I love having the ability to look into other people's minds and see a movie in mine....

2. Where are you from?
I was born in Canandaigua, NY, and lived in Bloomfield, NY, but I moved from NY when I was 4 to Salina, KS. I've also lived (in Kansas) in Assaria, Solomon, Culver, and New Cambria.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Stephen King...that man has the mind of a genius and the words of a serial killer. ^.^ Yay

4. What are your favorite films? Eh, too many to count...

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
"Die My Bride" by the Murderdolls

6. At your funeral?
Eh, don't want to think about that.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I don't really want to DIE...I'd give anything to be dressed in my sexiest, most gothic outfit, out at either a club or a rave, and have some random, sexy stranger come up to me and dance with me. Afterwards, when one of us is invited to the other's place, we make passionate love, and right after, he turns out to be a vampire, and he turns me into one. Then, we'd rule the night, King and Queen of whatever town we'd be in.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Um...my casket would be for ACTUAL sleeping... something that's comfortable... and black... or black and red.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
For regular wear: my boyfriend's Tripp shorts that jingle when I walk, my knockoff Converse (I'm too poor to afford real ones), my Marilyn Manson 'EAT ME, DRINK ME' shirt, and my Night of the Living Dead hoodie.
For dressy wear: My Lip Service pants with my straps, my shoes with four-inch heels that look like I could stomp your face in with them, my maroon dress with a corseted-looking front and black velvet stripes and bows at the bottom, with puffy sleeves and black lace, and my black trenchcoat.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
No cares in the world... the only thing that I cared about was what to play next.

11. What's your favorite band?
Oh, you suck...I love all kinds of music... INCLUDING country, some "emo" bands, and certain rap singers (Tech N9ne fucking rocks...he's also from my state).... But, I guess some of them would include: Skinny Puppy, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie, Disturbed, Dimmu Borgir, Rammstein, The Murderdolls, Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13, Cradle of Filth... as well as the music of Danny Elfman... that man is a musical genius....

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm a junior in high school this year... and I plan on working with art afterwards...

13. Why did you join?
Make new friends...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
I'm a female, you dote.

Well... just comment me back on these... add me as a friends... whatever.

Lyndsie

PS-Invader Zim is the shiznit.
As are Taquitos.
I love Mexican food.
Huzzah another Manson fan! We are slowly growing =)

Welcome to the boards kid

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:06 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
What did I spell wrong?
Grammar and advice, to start.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 PM   #8
biohazard

Welcome to the boards. I also like Dimmu Borgir and Disturbed, but they are not gothic.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
LadyLucretia

I recommend the music and fashion threads.
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 AM   #10
Abyssmal

Quote:
Grammar and advice, to start.
Oh, I always get those wrong.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:32 AM   #11
soveryfragile

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!! You seem to have a fun personality. I like you already. ^_^
soveryfragile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #12
Green.Lady

delicti... I agree.

I shuddered a little at the fashion and music sections... so I'm going to do what I just did in another thread...link this.
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...6&page=1&pp=35
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #13
Green.Lady

Sorry if that was bitchy, I couldn't resist. I'm sure you're a lovely person. Hopefully. I'll find out.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #14
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
peaxseurs
They're not called peaxseurs, they're called peauxauxauruses, you peauxauxaurus!
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:49 AM   #15
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
delicti... I agree.
C'est vrai, n'est pas? Follow the uniforms, and you will find the propaganda.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #16
Green.Lady

One of my ultimate pet peeves happens to be people explaining what brands their clothes are - whether it be "My AE hoodie" or "My Tripp pants."

Something tells me this person ain't coming back.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
C'est vrai, n'est pas? Follow the uniforms, and you will find the propaganda.
Oui..
Je deteste les mall goffs.

You know, this is one of the reasons I left..
However, she seems nice enough, so..

Welcome.
et.. parlez-vous français?
Old 10-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #18
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green.Lady
One of my ultimate pet peeves happens to be people explaining what brands their clothes are - whether it be "My AE hoodie" or "My Tripp pants."
It would sound so ridiculous if I did this. "Well, this is my salvation army duster, and my skirt from savers thrift shop, my shoes are by Ebay, and I made this purse so it doesn't really have a brand..."

And doesn't anyone wear lip service anymore? They were always better quality and far more tasteful/interesting than Tripp. Did Hot Topic stop carrying their budget line or something?
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:45 AM   #19
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia

And doesn't anyone wear lip service anymore? They were always better quality and far more tasteful/interesting than Tripp. Did Hot Topic stop carrying their budget line or something?
I actually never really liked Lip Service; their stuff just didn't appeal to me.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #20
delicti

Quote:
I actually never really liked Lip Service; their stuff just didn't appeal to me.
I guess it depends on what stuff you're talking, really. They have been pretty crap with their "gangsta pranksta" line and stuff as of late, but their dagger pants are totally classic. Their stretch jeans are about as close to having cleavage as any guy is going to get. :-D
Old 10-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #21
delicti

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
Welcome.
et.. parlez-vous français?
Un peu.

I studied it for 4 years in high school, and one in College - a time which has now been immortalized in my mind as, "holy fuck that was way too long ago." So you'll have to forgive me if I'm a little rusty. ;-)