Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #5626
I Am Great.

Physics is EASY!!!

Wait, is physics a euphemism for jerking off?
Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #5627
raggedyanne

Um, no. That would be friction.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #5628
honeythorn

LAID OFF AGAIN

:__(
Old 06-16-2008, 01:46 PM   #5629
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Did I claim to know people who found every aspect of the chemistry of life simple, or did I claim to know people who find physics simple?

Well I think I could easily find a equally complicated part of physics . The point is you sad biology is simple. I would understand if you said high school or under grad biology work is simple, but you didn't.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #5630
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Friday Addams
Well I think I could easily find a equally complicated part of physics . The point is you sad biology is simple. I would understand if you said high school or under grad biology work is simple, but you didn't.
I wasn't under the impression that I had to explain everything I say in detail so a certain Miss Wednesday Friday Addams would be satisfied.

Can you shut up now?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #5631
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
I can relate to your whole rant except for this part. It's odd that none of your goth friends would do any of this. Most of the goths I know IRL are diehard romantics (or at least drama-queens) and most of them are good listeners when it comes to emotional stuff. Most of them also play Magic: The Gathering....altho a couple have become total Vampire: The Masquerade freaks...going so far as to tattoo clan symbols on their necks and having their front teeth pulled so that their canine teeth are more prominent. (These are the people we call poseurs in my social circle because they are trying to hard to be ubergoths.) Several of my goth friends are also into martial arts, as was I when I was younger.

Reading your rant, I thought it really sucked that your goth friends dropped the ball on these. If I could send you some cooler goth friends I would....but if I had my choice of who I could mail off to a distant city I'd probably pack up and ship off the guy with no teeth and the clan tattoo on his neck.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I don't exactly have goth friends. I have friends that like to listen to dark techno music and play dress up on the weekends. I don't exactly call myself goth for those reasons as well. It's about playing dress up, being bi, pagan, and listening to techno. I don't fit the bill, so I don't claim the identity anymore and get pissed about these "goths" who claim to know a whole shit load about me if they've known me for a little over a year. The "goth" scene, was just something I DID because I was bored.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #5632
raggedyanne

Urg. My mother fell and broke her knee cap two weeks ago, so she can't drive anywhere, and my dad is an ass with a stick up his butt who always finds "something better to do" even when we've planned something a week in advance that he knows I need a ride to.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #5633
Wednesday Friday Addams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I wasn't under the impression that I had to explain everything I say in detail so a certain Miss Wednesday Friday Addams would be satisfied.

Can you shut up now?

I wasn't aware that I was forcing you to do anything. You could have explained what you meant the 1st time I pointed it out.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #5634
Splintered

Should I be mad or not?

Basically, yesterday my girlfriend went out. She told her parents and I that she was going to be hanging out with her friends at the movies. Instead, she went out to visit on her guy friends and his sister.

She lied because she didn't want me to worrify if she was cheating on me, and she didn't want her parents bugging her.

Long story short, she got caught and now she's grounded.

I'm wondering if I should be mad at her. I mean, the lying part doesn't really bother me. She was trying to protect my feelings, and I can sort of understand that in a twisted way.

I'm wondering if I should be at mad at her, because she got herself grounded less than a week before she would come up and see me for this first time. This may mean that she won't come up and see me this friday, even though we've been planning it for the past nine months.

I'm not sure if I should be pissed off that she jeopardized this trip like that. On one hand, I've done stuff like that before and I wasn't expecting to be caught. On the other hand, I haven't done it so close to a major event, because I didn't want to lose out on that major event.

The only reason I'd be mad, I guess, is because of how much I've invested in it. I've worked for six months to make it happen, and saved up roughly $850 for this. If the trip doesn't pan out, then I'll have wasted six months, and the $850 that I could have spent on a lot of different things over the course of those six months, will have gone to waste.

Would you guys be mad? It's a weird feeling: I'm honestly confused as to how I'm feeling, or how I'm supposed to be feeling.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:16 PM   #5635
Splintered

Edit: When I wrote "past nine" I meant "past six".
Old 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM   #5636
KontanKarite

Man, I'm not sure. Part of me wonders why she would lie about hanging out with her guy friends. Does it bother you? The fact that she lies implies that she's a bit selfish with you or she feels that there are things that she has to abstain from because she's with you. :-/

Then again, when it comes to relationships, I've learned it's best to have a heart made of leather.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:26 PM   #5637
Splintered

The reason she didn't tell me, was because early on in the relationship I warned her that I have a tendency to get jealous. I'm slowly regretting that. It doesn't really bother me that she hangs out with her guy friends, but she thought it would, so that's why she lied to me.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #5638
raggedyanne

I think that while she could have shown better judgement in timing and honesty, you should just hope that she can still go. Tell her to be extra nice to her parents, it works.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #5639
Barfing_Rat

Well if she lie once... What else will she lie about? Also you should learn to keep your cool and communication without getting mad and losing your temper. It help a lot in long run.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #5640
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered

The only reason I'd be mad, I guess, is because of how much I've invested in it. I've worked for six months to make it happen, and saved up roughly $850 for this. If the trip doesn't pan out, then I'll have wasted six months, and the $850 that I could have spent on a lot of different things over the course of those six months, will have gone to waste.
$850 for two visits yearly?
Sounds like a fucking bummer. If you can only see your girl once every six months, you should at least be able to do so for free. I'd like to help you with your problem, but as soon as I attempt to imagine myself in your position, I immediately wonder what the holy hell I'm doing in a relationship thus constituted.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #5641
Splintered

I can see her once a year.

I've been with her a year and a half, so this is the first year that I've been able to see her. I've only known for the past six months that I can go, so until this last six months I was under the impression I wouldn't see her until the end of next school year (2009).

It's roughly $1,000 for one trip, one direction, including anything we do together.

Oh, BTW, I saw you in Encyclopedia Dramatica under "Goth". Congratulations, you're e-famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
I think that while she could have shown better judgement in timing and honesty, you should just hope that she can still go. Tell her to be extra nice to her parents, it works.
The last official word is that she can go. However, that's changed... Three or four times already, so I'm not sure. It still could change, even though the plane tickets have been bought and she technically leaves Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
Well if she lie once... What else will she lie about? Also you should learn to keep your cool and communication without getting mad and losing your temper. It help a lot in long run.
I honestly don't know. This is the first time she's ever lied to me.

Luckily, I have managed to keep my cool. I don't know how, but I've been pretty mellow the entire time. Like, out of the ordinary mellow.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #5642
raggedyanne

Breathe man. You're doing the best you can.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 AM   #5643
Splintered

Breathe, and find nice pints of Guinness.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #5644
Methadrine

I let the article speak for itself why I'm utterly pissed off.

http://news.slashdot.org/news/08/06/17/0126243.shtml

Bloody politicians... they're all going insane.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #5645
Miss Cogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine

Pricks. -_-
Old 06-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #5646
korinna5555

My back hurts. Still, as usual, whatever..
Ow.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:06 PM   #5647
raggedyanne

I feel . . . rotund. Three months to go and I still fit into my skinny jeans! Well, maybe not skinny (women's 7) but they are low rise enough not to interfere with the baby belly. It just sucks to feel so damn unattractive in the middle of swimsuit season. At least I don't have to worry about my abs for a bit ;P
Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #5648
Delkaetre

Quote:

Well. That's very unpleasant indeed.
I knew Sweden tended to be quite well-watched, what with the taxes and wide range of social services making that necessary. But it always seemed like benevolent shelter, a teacher watching kids in the playground in case one of them hurts his knee, rather than this kind of vile and voyeuristic viewing.
Poor Meth.
Also, fuck. There goes my desire to move to Sweden when I try to get out of Airstrip One.
Oh, and it's 11.45pm and I have to be awake at 6.30am.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 06-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #5649
honeythorn

Quote:

My friend Anton was just telling me about this. He's also really really pissed off.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #5650
bleedingheart344

Didn't Sternn say that America was going to implement this as well?