Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 AM   #1
DeathToLems

The Isis Puzzle

Ok so for those who dont know what that is heres a link
http://www.gadgetshop.com/Gadgets/Ga...uzzle+Ball.jsp

So I've had this now for 5 months. I bought it for my mum because she likes puzzles and this was apparently the hardest puzzle ever made. And seeing the price of it I guessed it would last her a few years and eventually she will win something from it.
Any who so yea, 5 months and I still cant get it open. I've looked on youtube and they have found a way to open it. Nope it wont work for me (obviously, that's why I'm here posting).

Has anyone else seen these or have you got one of these? Have you opened it?
What did you win?

When I bought it I had in mind that this would last my mum a few years and when shes not trying to solve it it looks pretty neat sitting on her coffee table . But now I'm getting impatient with it. I want to open it!! *stomps feet*
Every one has had a go at it but of course they didnt know the proper way to get it open, seems twisting the rings done fuck all anyways.

It's funny though (The technique in opening the ball had something to do with hitting it on a hard surface) when I first opened the box it came in I dropped it and was like "Oh shit, I hope I haven't broken it!" Thinking back to the Da Vinci code and the cryptex >_<
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #2
ThreeEyesOni

Wait wait wait, a £500 gold coin in a puzzle that costs £100? Well, not quite.

"Each ISIS requires a different combination to open it. Crack the combination and you'll reveal a special key which opens one of several ISIS golden pyramids hidden in secret locations throughout the UK."

I assume that they glyphs on the outside have some sort of translation factored into opening the ball.

I really need to get one of these, and by "really" what I'm thinking (and perhaps even said outloud) is "REALLY" need one of these.

I don't think that you can count on ever finding any outside help. About the most helpful I think that would be is to find out if each sphere has the same symbols in the same order. Off the top of my head I can think of a couple of technological tricks that might help with opening it, but some of them depend on what alloys are used. Also, since you don't know exactly what's inside (or what media, even) I'd be wary of certain methods; certainly can't use any form of magnetism if there's something like a memory key inside.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:58 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I've been rather interesting in getting one of these things myself, though unfortunately here in the United States it isn't much cheaper. On a side note how long do you thing the company can keep it's promise of a prize, or do you have to hope you can solve it before the company goes bankrupt.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
ThreeEyesOni

Well it would seem that even opening the thing is rather hard. Then there's a crap-ton of cyphers to work through. The wiki entry says that the "isis 2" is coming out sometime this year, so I'll have to keep my eyes on that as well.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #5
DeathToLems

Don't click the next link if you don't want to find out what the inside looks like or how to solve the puzzle.
also don't highlight the next line if you don't want to know the truth in the hieroglyphics
The rings do nothing as far as I see. no matter how many times you twist and line up the symbols trying to spell out words, they do nothing.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P7NPiyyfDXA
Old 05-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #6
DeathToLems

Omg My Mum Just Opend It!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Well looks like you don't need our help after all, so what does the inside look like exactly?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:45 AM   #8
DeathToLems

dont click for those who don't want to know
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9794/isisgw3.jpg