Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:13 AM   #1
Rorschach Twin

"Goth Rock Couple" caught having oral sex in cathedral

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/eu...sex/index.html

"We are atheists and for us, having sex in church is like doing it any other place."

Wow.
Rorschach Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
I don't think you can call a Cathederal confession box a public place as it was made to serve a specific group of people (Catholics), just like how you cannot call a golf club a public place as it is meant to serve another specific group of people (members), or on a much smaller scale somone's home as it is meant to serve the owner/s. This also shows a great deal of disrespect for another religion on their part, they need to realize that their individual right to have sex does not come above the right of the people to expect their places of worship to be respected. To have sex in a restaurant bathroom for one does not get in the way of the lives of others (except maybe if they are messy and somone else has to clean it up), to have sex in a place where whole lives revolve around and it's status as a place free of such sin does interfere in the lives of others.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
lostintranslation

Wow, that's just....you know, as crazy as that may be, as as much as the risk may turn you on, have a little respect. Just because it doesn't mean anything to you, doesn't mean it doesn't mean a whole lot to someone else.
lostintranslation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #4
JCC

Hahahahaha, I think that's fantastic.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Bete Noire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Hahahahaha, I think that's fantastic.
I'm with you on this.
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #6
L'Oiseau Noir

I hope they rot.

They want to have sex, they've got a bedroom, or some other public place that may satiate their desires. But don't waltz into a church and fuck because you think it's a turn-on, or because you think it's some way to project your thoughts or opinions on religion and religious people (and I think that may have played a role in this couple's case). Think about it. What other reasons would they have for being at a cathedral's--a place of fucking worship-- morning mass, as said here:

"...complaint from a man attending morning Mass in the city's cathedral."

And it's not like he could have caught them later, if he'd heard the groans coming from the confession box while he attended service. I seriously think they just did this as a big fuck you to the church.

It's highly disrespectful, especially since that place is a holy place, and used to hold religious practices that are, to those who attend, a pythonic aspect of their lives.

I'm not saying they have no right to have sex--fuck like rabbits for all I care--or trying to beat them down for being Atheists. I don't care if you're Atheist, Muslim, Jewish or anything else for that matter. I just believe you don't bring that sort of stuff into such a venerable building as a cathedral.

And to those of you who find this funny, grow up and learn some respect, even if you hate Christianity, Catholicism, or any form of religion. It's their fucking right to believe in whatever the hell they want; and their right should be fucking respected, even if you don't agree. It's fucking common courtesy.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostintranslation
Wow, that's just....you know, as crazy as that may be, as as much as the risk may turn you on, have a little respect. Just because it doesn't mean anything to you, doesn't mean it doesn't mean a whole lot to someone else.
I understand what it's like to be turned on by doing it in public but there are some places which you just don't do it, not to mention it's not a public place.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 06-04-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
Renatus

You wouldn't catch screwing around the holy mosque in mecca and not just because I would be the number one target of muslim extremists around the globe.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

I don't think that's cool at all.

You don't have to follow a religion, but people shouldn't openly disrespect each other.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:03 PM   #10
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

You don't have to follow a religion, but people shouldn't openly disrespect each other.
Exactly..........
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #11
Cen0bite

"He added that a special ceremony would be held to purify the confession box"

Now THAT is funny.

Pinhead: What you think of as pain is a shadow. Pain has a face. Allow me to show it to you. Gentlemen, I... Am... Pain
-Hellraiser:Bloodline
Cen0bite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #12
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia

Whoah, Ophelia openly agreeing with me, I'm getting a little freaked out here.

Old 06-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
Moni-que

Statues and images of a guy almost naked on a cross do it for me too.
Moni-que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #14
††BlackRose††

I agree with L'Oiseau Noir. It does sound like a "a big fuck you to the church". If they are atheists then good for them. But that doesn't mean that they have to go laugh at everyone's beliefs.

There are a million other places to go have sex besides a religious place of worship.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:35 PM   #15
MollyMac

Athiests cannot expect resepct until they show respect. It's a two way street, like th epagans with a persecution complex that bash christians all the fucking time...

... just get over it.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #16
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, blame the atheists! They're all in on this!
These people were definitely led by their non-beliefs to do something like this; a view consistent among all atheists.

I particularly think this is awesome; it's something I myself want to do because I think it's hot. Yes, I'd be a bastard, but I sure as fuck wasn't speaking for atheists by doing something because of my atheism.
That logic is the same one as saying suicide bombers are a perfect example of what non-christians are capable to do.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #17
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen0bite
"He added that a special ceremony would be held to purify the confession box"

Now THAT is funny.
That cracked me up. What are they going to do, play Britney Spears until the icky goth vibes go away?
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #18
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Athiests cannot expect resepct until they show respect. It's a two way street, like th epagans with a persecution complex that bash christians all the fucking time...

... just get over it.
THANK YOU! My thoughts exactly.
Respect is earned, not given.
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:50 PM   #19
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Yeah, blame the atheists! They're all in on this!
These people were definitely led by their non-beliefs to do something like this; a view consistent among all atheists.

I particularly think this is awesome; it's something I myself want to do because I think it's hot. Yes, I'd be a bastard, but I sure as fuck wasn't speaking for atheists by doing something because of my atheism.
That logic is the same one as saying suicide bombers are a perfect example of what non-christians are capable to do.

I am going to have to agree. This whole thing is just as disrespectful as doing this any other place where most people wouldn't want you to do it.

I'm willing to bet a lot of you wouldn't be nearly as outraged if it happened anywhere else. Would you be as outraged if someone fucked in a courthouse?

Quite frankly, I'd be more worried if people were publicly fucking in restaurants.

Yeah, they did it as a big "fuck you" to a church. I'd say it's pretty much a foul on the grounds that they went so far as to express their distaste and bigotry just like a lot of churches do.

I'm more disappointed that they simply couldn't get themselves to be indifferent about a faith they don't believe in. Hell, it didn't even do anything profound. So they fucked in a church. Big deal. You don't see people trying to approach reason and logic anymore now because they did the nasty in church. If anything, it manipulated people to embrace their faith more because it happened on "their ground".

Besides, there's been worse things caused under the banner of Christianity than consensual sex such as pedophilia and sexual assault.

"Goth-Rock Couple"... Jesus and his bloody cross, does this HAVE to be part of the issue? What if they were truckers or something? Fuck the lot of them.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #20
Splintered

I know Christians who have had sex in a church.

I'm pretty sure devout Christians who have had sex in a church.

I even have my suspicions about a fundamentalist Christian who may have had sex in a church.

And you know what? I'm guessing it was more for a thrill then it was for this big "fuck-you" to the church. (Admittedly, TFA was short, so I can't make any firm judgment on it). I'm not condoning it, but I severely doubt it's more then living out a fantasy.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:35 AM   #21
KontanKarite

There you go. I bet those Christians DID find it as a thrill. But the atheists... no way man. There's no way in HELL it couldn't be anything other than a big "fuck you" to religion.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:38 AM   #22
Corpsey

I'm just laughing at the fact that they need to publically purify their church. A grin, a chuckle and a frown from me but I know I sure as hell would think that the couple should suffer from being stupid enough to be caught.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:34 AM   #23
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splintered
And you know what? I'm guessing it was more for a thrill then it was for this big "fuck-you" to the church. (Admittedly, TFA was short, so I can't make any firm judgment on it). I'm not condoning it, but I severely doubt it's more then living out a fantasy.
They were wrong to do it too, heck if anything they are even worse for having no respect for the traditions of their own church, a church that they attend by choice, a church that they ruin for themselves. A courthouse is fine because frankly it's not a religion of any sort, merely a representation of a forced governing body of the particular area. Religion is something people choose to believe in not only for their current life but for their either existent or non existent life after death, as well as the traditions that go along with it.

In fact did I at any point mention the fact that they were atheists when I was speaking of their disrespect? You could fill in the blanks so my statement would work with any religion, it applies to them all. I actually don't think anyone has singled out atheism in this thread, except the posts of people who are complaining about it being singled out.

Old 06-09-2008, 02:04 AM   #24
Wormboy

Sex should be confined to the microcosm of the parties involved. I don't care what you do, I don't want to see you do it.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #25
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
They were wrong to do it too, heck if anything they are even worse for having no respect for the traditions of their own church, a church that they attend by choice, a church that they ruin for themselves. A courthouse is fine because frankly it's not a religion of any sort, merely a representation of a forced governing body of the particular area. Religion is something people choose to believe in not only for their current life but for their either existent or non existent life after death, as well as the traditions that go along with it.
Yes, of course. Everyone's personal spiritual beliefs must be respected and regarded even a shred more than just about anything else because we certainly wouldn't want to make someone's baby Jesus cry.

But hey, our spiritual delusions are so much more important than our public health. Right? I'm just glad they weren't crazy enough to go fuck in a kitchen or doctor's office.

Not that I'm exactly on the side of the couple. I find the action itself stupid, really. I find the outrage to be as equally silly. One big happy patronizing circle jerk.