Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #6601
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynneth
Hmm. So, to look at someone with appreciation of their beauty is to objectify them? I don't agree, but I'd like to hear your views.
No, it's objectification when you see a woman as a pair of tits.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #6602
Duane

GAAAH!!! BMB! BMB!!! The chick has a BMB!!! There goes any "chance" I had.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #6603
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
No, it's objectification when you see a woman as a pair of tits.
Now, that I agree with. But, to simply stare at a woman/man because you think they're beautiful...well, I don't see that as objectification.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #6604
LetheanBlacklight

My mom is in surgery and I'm about to meet her in her hospital room later in Birmingham.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 PM   #6605
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Now, that I agree with. But, to simply stare at a woman/man because you think they're beautiful...well, I don't see that as objectification.
Hey idiot--Duane himself said he was staring at her tits.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #6606
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You insinuated, in a previous post, that staring of any kind was equivalent to objectification. Besides that, he didn't say that all he saw, when looking at her, was her breasts.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:32 PM   #6607
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
HEY DON'T BE SO MEAN. GAWD. -smile-

Me and Gothicus have been discussing Wynneth's utopia. It is a fine political entity.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:34 PM   #6608
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
[...] Wynneth's utopia. It is a fine political entity.
Elaborate?
Old 09-12-2008, 02:42 PM   #6609
JCC

Quote:
Elaborate?
Basically, Wyntopia is a state run by you, Joygiver Superior, who makes sure that everybody -smiles-, -beams-, -grins-, and even -laughs-, on a regular basis. The common man is encouraged (forced) into 'good manners camps' sort of like gulags, where they will learn intensively Wyntopian etiquette. Public executions will be held weekly where anyone charged guilty of frowning or smiling for less than eighteen hours a day will be hung from the neck until dead. As with all happy societies, people would be rationed fair amounts of produce, rather than being forced into wage slavery. All citizens will recieve a Thomas the Tank Engine book and smiley-face stickers, so that you can make happiness infectious! State responsibility will be set into sectors, ministries like in 1984. The Ministry of Joy, Ministry of Grammar and Usage, Ministry of Happiness, Ministry of Elation, Ministry of General Goodwill, and the largest, Ministry of Hyphenated Discourse. The streets will be filled with laughing, giggling and gay children, until their batteries run out. Also, every woman's breasts must be ogled.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:07 PM   #6610
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Basically, Wyntopia is a state run by you, Joygiver Superior, who makes sure that everybody -smiles-, -beams-, -grins-, and even -laughs-, on a regular basis. The common man is encouraged (forced) into 'good manners camps' sort of like gulags, where they will learn intensively Wyntopian etiquette. Public executions will be held weekly where anyone charged guilty of frowning or smiling for less than eighteen hours a day will be hung from the neck until dead. As with all happy societies, people would be rationed fair amounts of produce, rather than being forced into wage slavery. All citizens will recieve a Thomas the Tank Engine book and smiley-face stickers, so that you can make happiness infectious! State responsibility will be set into sectors, ministries like in 1984. The Ministry of Joy, Ministry of Grammar and Usage, Ministry of Happiness, Ministry of Elation, Ministry of General Goodwill, and the largest, Ministry of Hyphenated Discourse. The streets will be filled with laughing, giggling and gay children, until their batteries run out. Also, every woman's breasts must be ogled.
Wow. I wonder just what I did to make you two obsess over me so much that you both created this "utopia" based around what little you know of me. -laugh- But, if it amuses you, please, feel free to labor under your delusions. -wink-

P.S.
For a bit of fun... According to the Wyntopian Ministry of Grammar and Usage, the rule is as follows: "I" before "e," except after "c." Therefore, your "recieve" should read "receive." -grin-
Old 09-12-2008, 03:10 PM   #6611
JCC

I spelt it wrong in the name of political activism, Wynazi.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:11 PM   #6612
LetheanBlacklight

Don't forget the Ministry of Silly Walks. -giggle-
Old 09-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #6613
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Wow. I wonder just what I did to make you two obsess over me so much that you both created this "utopia" based around what little you know of me.
Five minutes on Instant Messenger scarcely constitutes obsession. What spurred it was the incessant -smiling-, -grinning-, and unflinching, passive-aggressive cheeriness.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:21 PM   #6614
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I spelt it wrong in the name of political activism, Wynazi.
Oh, I see. A dissenter. -wink-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Five minutes on Instant Messenger scarcely constitutes obsession. What spurred it was the incessant -smiling-, -grinning-, and unflinching, passive-aggressive cheeriness.
Frankly, that you two discussed me for even a minute is interesting. To paraphrase an interesting remark from a different board, what you call "passive-aggressive cheeriness" is more commonly known as a special derivation of deference, and it's a part of nearly every acculturated southerner you may ever meet. It's sort of like southern manners. -smile-
Old 09-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #6615
JCC

Quote:
and it's a part of nearly every acculturated southerner you may ever meet. It's sort of like southern manners. -smile-
The South of America is known for a lot of things.

Manners isn't one of them.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #6616
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
The South of America is known for a lot of things.

Manners isn't one of them.
Oh, really? Did you grow up there? Are you familiar with lots of southern people?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #6617
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
Oh, really? Did you grow up there? Are you familiar with lots of southern people?
Yes, and JCC is telling the truth.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:26 PM   #6618
JCC

Quote:
No, that's why I said 'known for'. As in, its reputation?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:27 PM   #6619
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
No, that's why I said 'known for'. As in, its reputation?
So, just how is it that you're such an expert on the south of America and its people's customs/reputation?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:29 PM   #6620
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
So, just how is it that you're such an expert on the south of America and its people's customs/reputation?
I live in Alabama, and JCC is right about this.
You are no exception to it either, Wynneth.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:32 PM   #6621
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetheanBlacklight
I live in Alabama, and JCC is right about this.
You are no exception to it either, Wynneth.
Really? I wasn't aware that you knew me well enough to make such a personal distinction. I believe my manners are well in place. How are yours?
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #6622
JCC

Quote:
... You're denying that the south of America has a reputation for racism, religious conservatism and violence? You're denying that people view the south of America as full of rednecks?

I'm not saying that it's true, it's ridiculous to make a generalisation of every person from the South.

But that's its reputation.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #6623
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
I believe my manners are well in place.
Yeah, who am I to be questioning your condescending nature? -laugh-
Old 09-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #6624
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetheanBlacklight
Yeah, who am I to be questioning your condescending nature? -laugh-
Bahahahaha.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:42 PM   #6625
Wynneth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
... You're denying that the south of America has a reputation for racism, religious conservatism and violence? You're denying that people view the south of America as full of rednecks?

I'm not saying that it's true, it's ridiculous to make a generalisation of every person from the South.

But that's its reputation.
As with every portion of every country in the world, there are good and bad sides to reputations. I'd think, surely, you'd understand that, being as intelligent as you appear to be. Sure, there's a lot of negative things that are said about the south--and, a lot of them are true...for some people. Like you said, it's ridiculous to make a generalization of every person from the south.

However, many people are brought up with a variation on a theme of a basic set of manners, in the south. Not everyone, of course. But, the aforementioned statement has led the south to become synonymous with a term called "southern hospitality," part of which is manners.

No, I don't deny that there are racists, conservatives or violent people. But, those types of people aren't exclusive to the southern states of America. You find those wherever you go, practically. So, in a way, you were sort of making generalizations of the south, based on geographically-based prejudices perpetrated for many, many years.

As for me, I simply go through life and do everything within my power to be the best person I can be. If I prove some preconceptions about the south wrong, fantastic.
Closed Thread