Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #51
bleedingheart344

Hey, if we want gender equality, we should have TRUE equality. Go ahead, beat women. They shouldn't be any different than men. Nothing pisses me off more than people preaching equality and then pulling "you can't hit me, I'm a girl." Well, okay, you want equality but still want to pretend to be helpless and weak...
Old 09-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #52
Jonathan

'Whenever women have insisted on absolute equality with men, they have invariably wound up with the dirty end of the stick. What they are and what they can do makes them superior to men, and their proper tactic is to demand special privileges, all the traffic will bear. They should never settle merely for equality. For women, "equality" is a disaster.'
-Heinlein
Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #53
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05
No matter what the fuck I type this is just going to be a case of you reading the parts you want to read,and ignoring everything else.

I didn't say every man was stronger than every woman.

I said that as a whole men are USUALLY stronger than women (Notice I didn't say EVERY man is stronger than EVERY woman) in the physical aspect.
You said that a guy who is being abused doesn't deserve help, simply because he is a guy. I still want to know why.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #54
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingheart344
Hey, if we want gender equality, we should have TRUE equality. Go ahead, beat women. They shouldn't be any different than men. Nothing pisses me off more than people preaching equality and then pulling "you can't hit me, I'm a girl." Well, okay, you want equality but still want to pretend to be helpless and weak...
What? No.

You beat NOBODY.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #55
Jonathan

Well, in Deadman's defense, no one "deserves" help. The world and the people in it do not owe you or anyone else anything. It is kind of gauche to give someone a hard time because of who they choose to assist.

Violence is regrettable. However, sometimes it can be necessary. Just about a year ago, I remember reading about a gentleman who was assaulted in a NY subway by a gang of women. I'm having trouble finding the exact article, but I believe he needed to be hospitalized because he sat there and took it rather than fight back. In my opinion, that guy is a fool and lucky to have survived.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #56
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
Well, in Deadman's defense, no one "deserves" help. The world and the people in it do not owe you or anyone else anything. It is kind of gauche to give someone a hard time because of who they choose to assist.

Violence is regrettable. However, sometimes it can be necessary. Just about a year ago, I remember reading about a gentleman who was assaulted in a NY subway by a gang of women. I'm having trouble finding the exact article, but I believe he needed to be hospitalized because he sat there and took it rather than fight back. In my opinion, that guy is a fool and lucky to have survived.
No, of course women who get the shit beaten out of them for forgetting the salt on their husband's chips don't deserve help. Silly me.

That guy sounds awesome.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 AM   #57
Jonathan

I would very probably help someone if I saw an attack going on around me.

I just take issue with the idea that someone that has no relationship to me has some kind of entitlement to me taking actions which would put me in harms way or cause me to be unable to provide for my family.

I'm not going to help someone because I have to, or because I owe them something. I'd help because I am a decent person and I think it is the right thing to do in that situation. I sure as hell don't have an obligation to every random stranger on the street.

Do you? Because these student loan payments are a real downer. I can send you the paypal account if you are feeling altruistic.