Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 10-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #76
JCC

'Whites get away with hating blacks all the time.'

Yeah, right. Malcolm X isn't on t-shirts. Vogue wasn't taken off shelves because James LeBron holding a white woman was inferred as a reference to King Kong. Whichever filter you view the world through has a massive fucking crack in it, man.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #77
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

Yeah, right. Malcolm X isn't on t-shirts. Vogue wasn't taken off shelves because James LeBron holding a white woman was inferred as a reference to King Kong. Whichever filter you view the world through has a massive fucking crack in it, man.
http://nsm88records.com/theshop/
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:55 PM   #78
jack_the_knife

I think people just play the racist card far too often in life. I just think that the whole racism thing is just a pisstake . If someone called me a "honky" or whatever the term is, I wouldn't call them a racist, I'd call them an ignorant waste of space. Why people of whatever "race" pull the racist card is completely beyond me.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #79
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Whereas when black people express disdain for white people, they go to prison. It's not like wealthy white thirteen year old girls dance to said expression of disdain in their middle school gym.
95%ofallgangstarap dot com.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #80
JCC

Quote:
Yeah, Skrewdriver are unavoidable, they're so mainstream and accepted in their Nazism. I mean, they're not like the totally underground Brand Nubian or Nation Of Islam. White-on-black racist attacks are NEVER covered in the press.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:01 PM   #81
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Whereas when black people express disdain for white people, they go to prison. It's not like wealthy white thirteen year old girls dance to said expression of disdain in their middle school gym.
I've got a better one: bogusstatistics dot com.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #82
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
I've got a better one: bogusstatistics dot com.
I'll do you one better: ignoringanobviousinstanceofestimationinordertoavoi daddressingmyactualargumentbecauseyouknowyourposit ionisstupid dot net.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #83
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Yeah, Skrewdriver are unavoidable, they're so mainstream and accepted in their Nazism. I mean, they're not like the totally underground Brand Nubian or Nation Of Islam. White-on-black racist attacks are NEVER covered in the press.
Never heard of Brand Nubian until you mentioned them just now (in the case that it may have been sarcasm). White-on-black attacks are covered more because they happen more. Nation of Islam is covered more than the Church of Jesus Christ Christian.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:25 PM   #84
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
I never said I wanted people to go to prison for hate messages, you dumb, dumb dumdum. I want white people to stop BAAAAAAAWing like little pussies whenever a downtrodden ethnic minority member questions them in the slightest. Can you name a gangsta' rap song that explicitly attacks whitey?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:47 PM   #85
JCC

What's this got to do with gangsta rap? Can you name a popular rock song that explicitly attacks blacks? Seriously, if you want equality, work for equality, not some fucked up system where people can be dicks to anyone of an opposing race because at one point or another every race has done bad shit. This fixation, this ethnocentrism is why things don't get sorted out.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:48 PM   #86
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
What's this got to do with gangsta rap?
I was replying to his comment regarding Gangsta Rap. I thought I made that pretty obvious.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:53 PM   #87
TheBloodEternity

So, even though I grew up in a shitty neighborhood where I was the only white kid, have no problem with any race, and I think slavery was absolutely abhorrent, I shouldn't be offended when a black person "questions me in the slightest" because 4 or 5 generations back my family held slaves?
Fuck you.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #88
jack_the_knife

I think that a lot of people think that other people care what happened to their ancestors a few hundred years ago. I also think that people are getting fed up with having to put up with shit that past generations did.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #89
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_knife
I think that a lot of people think that other people care what happened to their ancestors a few hundred years ago. I also think that people are getting fed up with having to put up with shit that past generations did.
But as long as people hold on to things past generations did nothing will ever go forward.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:31 PM   #90
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodEternity
But as long as people hold on to things past generations did nothing will ever go forward.
I think he means shit that's STILL going on. Something a lot of people here don't seem to get is that black people are still being screwed over by white people. We're talking about doing something ABOUT that. You're acting like it's oh-so-horrible to even remember slavery and the fact that its residue lingers.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #91
jack_the_knife

I'm not acting like it's" oh so horrible to remember slavery" .All I'm saying is that what some people did a few hundred years ago doesn't have to be stapled to a bunch of people that have nothing to do with it. And its not that black people get screwed over by white people, black people and white people get equally screwed over by people who abuse positions of power. And if you want to do "something about that" ( and what would that be exactly ? )
then I suggest you get off your backside and do it.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:47 PM   #92
TheBloodEternity

Quote:
I'm not acting like it's" oh so horrible to remember slavery" .All I'm saying is that what some people did a few hundred years ago doesn't have to be stapled to a bunch of people that have nothing to do with it. And its not that black people get screwed over by white people, black people and white people get equally screwed over by people who abuse positions of power. And if you want to do "something about that" ( and what would that be exactly ? )
That was directed at me.
Also, this is exactly what I'm saying too.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #93
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
I think people just play the racist card far too often in life. I just think that the whole racism thing is just a pisstake . If someone called me a "honky" or whatever the term is, I wouldn't call them a racist, I'd call them an ignorant waste of space. Why people of whatever "race" pull the racist card is completely beyond me.
I like your way of thinking. As emotionally charged as this topic will almost certainly always be, I think we can learn a lot from your post. Racist behavior, or discriminatory behavior is absolute ignorance.
I do think that talking about racism is necessary before it will ever be an obsolete issue (at least for the majority). However, in doing so, we have to learn to be mature about it, listen, and understand that each person has their point of view for a reason. Addressing the issue with anger is not progressive. It actually causes more hatred, stereotyping, and generalizations. Rather than getting all pissed off, people should be saying, "Ok, I've heard you. Why do you think/feel that way?" Not come back with some smart a$$ comment about why YOU'RE RIGHT and EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG. Suum cuique pulchrum est- To each his own is beautiful.

In addition (forgive me Mods/Admin, I'm know I'm back-seat modding here but it needs said), if you are claiming to post facts (statistics, etc), please provide a link or something to back up your claim. That way everyone reading and posting can view where you are getting your sources from. If you don't do that, don't be surprised or angered if your "facts" are called into question. It also needs to be said that name calling shouldn't be happening. If you want to act like a third grader, the politics forum isn't the place to do it. There is no reason why we cannot respectfully disagree.
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #94
~~Auriel~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC

JCC- You are an intelligent person and you and I seem to have very similar views on this subject. As much as people try to avoid the taboo of racism, it is rampant in the media. People are protesting it, yet allowing it. Where is the logic in that?
~~Auriel~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #95
AngelikDemonik

Yeah, well, I want $40,000 because my great grandfather from Italy wasn't allowed in certain stores or neighborhoods when he first came to this country. Add another $50,000 for my Irish grandfather, since he went through the same thing...from every person in America with English blood in them.

On top of that, I want $100,000 from every White Anglo-Saxon Protestant because my car got torn apart by boarder patrol because I have the same last name as an Islamic terrorist.

Wait, no I don't know.

Get over it, buddy. It doesn't make you enlightened to hate someone because people you've never met got fucked over in the past.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #96
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
As Lauren said, it was directed at her. And what am I? Superman? Am I supposed to miraculously make everybody equal?
It's never me. It's always the other guy, isn't it? I didn't shoot you in the foot, so why should I help the wound heal?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:08 PM   #97
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
Yeah, well, I want $40,000 because my great grandfather from Italy wasn't allowed in certain stores or neighborhoods when he first came to this country. Add another $50,000 for my Irish grandfather, since he went through the same thing...from every person in America with English blood in them.

On top of that, I want $100,000 from every White Anglo-Saxon Protestant because my car got torn apart by boarder patrol because I have the same last name as an Islamic terrorist.

Wait, no I don't know.

Get over it, buddy. It doesn't make you enlightened to hate someone because people you've never met got fucked over in the past.
Oh, for the love of Xenu! I didn't say I hated ANYBODY. And I bring up time and fucking time again that it's not just the past. It's not just how minorities WERE treated, it's how they're still treated. And you aren't even a fucking minority, anymore, are you? You clearly have money to live on, as well (unless you're typing from a public library or something).
Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 PM   #98
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Oh, for the love of Xenu! I didn't say I hated ANYBODY. And I bring up time and fucking time again that it's not just the past. It's not just how minorities WERE treated, it's how they're still treated. And you aren't even a fucking minority, anymore, are you? You clearly have money to live on, as well (unless you're typing from a public library or something).
Since when are poverty and minority the same thing?
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #99
TheBloodEternity

Dude, she didn't mean that you hated, she was talking about how you said it was okay for them to hate based on the face that several generations back they were enslaved.
If it's about what's going on now and not about what went on then, then you shouldn't have even fucking mentioned what went on then.
Also, as Joker said, poverty and minority aren't the same fucking thing

Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #100
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker_in_the_Pack
Since when are poverty and minority the same thing?
They aren't. I was saying that she wasn't a minority and that she didn't need a lot of excess money, either. I wouldn't send a million dollars to Oprah saying "Sorry about slavery" because she's clearly not being held down by racism or after-effects of it.