Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:20 PM   #1
Raven SilverWolf

NightWish

My favorite band is nightwish. I especially love the song "moondance." what do you all think of them?
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
Icarus

I'm listening to one of thier songs, Nemo, I think, for the first time. So far so good, so I might look for more.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #3
Raven SilverWolf

thats great news. they are a great band.
Raven SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 06:18 AM   #4
Akuma2636

They are an awesome band, Tarja has a beautiful voice. My favourite songs are Gothic Sanctuary, and She is my Sin ^____^, brilliant
Akuma2636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #5
Noire

I think their old stuff is better.
Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
Black Gestalt

I like both their new and old stuff, and yeah, Gothic Sanctuary is amazing.

I think Tarja's voice has gotten a little less powerful, but Once has some great stuff, like Creek Mary's Blood, Dead Gardens, Nemo, etc. Good good stuff.
Black Gestalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 12:59 PM   #7
nefersephone

I love Nightwish also. I remember hearing about them and wanting to hear some of their stuff. The first album I got was century child, and I fell in love with it almost instantly. I go mad when someone badmouths them!
nefersephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #8
Disfunction

I lost my "Once" cd. I have the case somewhere, but much like many other things, it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #9
ThwanCondu

Has anyone heard the remake of Sleeping Sun? The lyrics are the same, but it sounds totally different. Even Tarja's voice sounds so different you wouldn't recognise it. There's a video too. It's pretty cool. Includes hot Tuomas in armour and beautiful Tarja in big white dress (looking somehow younger than in the original video)
ThwanCondu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #10
Sabine_Blodwin

So, Nightwish for me its a good band but for sure, it insn't one of my favorites... The band previously was so much better then today. Tarja its a great singer too, but somenthing in the sound of the band makes me remember the "Jaspion" adventures....¬¬
Sabine_Blodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #11
NightwishCobain

i lurve Nightwish my favourite song is Dark Chest Of Wonders
NightwishCobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:25 PM   #12
NightwishCobain

yes lol i do i do indeed
Old 10-24-2005, 12:37 PM   #13
NightwishCobain

lol i like people who are sarcastic lol most of my friends are
Old 10-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #14
thetiesonyourcorset

i love Nightwish! i love their cover of "The Phantom Of The Opera" it's absolutely amazing!! i'd love to see them live...but apparently the band kicked Tarja out :S because they had a row or something...so hope it's not true!!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #15
NightwishCobain

what? the kicked Tarja out? NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #16
gothic_vampire

if they kiked tarja out then that means no more nightwish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gothic_vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:33 AM   #17
NightwishCobain

well nuh! I they did i will cry, i love Nightwish....I seem to have a thing for bands the begin with N and M....Nightwish, Nirvana, Murderdolls, Metallica....hmmm
Old 10-27-2005, 01:57 AM   #18
thetiesonyourcorset

They did for definate! it's on tarja's site and nightwish's site! she's gonna do a press conference in november explaining about it!! i'm really sad but i just wish both of their careers the best of luck! nightwish are gonna get a new female lead singer...so should be interesting to see how well she is! it won't be the same without tarja but hopefully all the fans of nightwish will go on to love nightwish without tarja and also follow tarja's solo work!!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 10:46 AM   #19
NightwishCobain

i will follow Tarja's solo work definately. NIghtwish will never be the same
Old 10-28-2005, 05:17 AM   #20
MetalFoxFire

Where'd you see that about Nightwish, I just checked their site and didn't see anything, did I miss it? :???:

-Fox
MetalFoxFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:39 AM   #21
mydnyght

i lost the one cd of their's i have, so consequently only heard it once. i don't remember being overly impressed at the time...b ut i was totally pissed about my current circumstance which may have colored mt perspective. i've heard several times their older stuff is better, and would like to investigate this more.
mydnyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 AM   #22
NightwishCobain

Dear Tarja,
It`s time to choose whether the story of Nightwish ends here or whether it will still continue an undetermined period of time. We`ve been working with this creation for 9 years and we are not ready to give up yet. Nightwish is a way of life, something to live for, and we`re certain we can`t let it go.

Equally certain is the fact that we cannot go on with you and Marcelo any longer. During the last year something sad happened, which I`ve been going over in my head every single day, morning and night. Your attitude and behavior don`t go with Nightwish anymore. There are characteristics I would never have believed to see in my old dear friend.
People who don`t talk with each other for a year do not belong in the same band.

We are involved in an industry where the business-side of things is a necessary evil and something to worry about all the time. We are also a band which has always done music from the heart, because of friendship and the music itself. The mental satisfaction should always be more important than money! Nightwish is a band, it`s an emotion.
To you, unfortunately, business, money, and things that have nothing to do with those emotions have become much more important. You feel that you have sacrificed yourself and your musical career for Nightwish, rather than thinking what it has given to you.
This attitude was clearly shown to me in the two things you said to me in an airplane in Toronto: ”I don`t need Nightwish anymore.” and ”Remember, Tuomas, that I could leave this band at any time, giving you only one day`s warning in advance”.
I can`t simply write any more songs for you to sing.

You have said yourself that you are merely a ”guest musician” in Nightwish. Now that visit ends and we will continue Nightwish with a new female vocalist.
We`re sure this is an equally big relief to you as it is for us. We have all been feeling bad long enough.

You told us that no matter what, the next Nightwish album will be your last one. However, the rest of us want to continue as long as the fire burns. So there`s no sense in doing that next album with you, either.
The four of us have been going over this situation countless times and we have realized that this is the thing we want to do in life. It´s all we can do. In December 2004, in Germany, you said that you will never tour again for more than two weeks at a time. You also said that we can forget about U.S. and Australia because the fees and the sizes of venues are too small.

In interviews I`ve mentioned that if Tarja leaves, that would be the end of the band. I understand that people will think this way. Nightwish is, however, a scenery of my soul and I`m not ready to let go because of one person. A person who wants to focus her creativity to somewhere else, a person whose values don`t match mine.

We were never bothered by the fact that you didn`t participate in writing/arranging songs, you never in 9 years came to rehearse the songs with us before going to the studio. Not the fact that while on tour you always wanted to fly, separately from us with your husband. Not the fact that you are an undisputable front image of the band.
We accepted and felt ok about everything except greed, underestimating the fans, and breaking promises. It was agreed by the five of us that Nightwish would be the priority in everything that we do during 2004-2005. Still so many things were more important to you. The ultimate example being the already sold-out show in Oslo, which you wanted to cancel because you needed to rehearse for your solo concerts, meet frieds and go to the movies. Those were the words Marcelo used in an e-mail explaining the cancellation. This being just one example of so many. I couldn`t think of a worse way of being selfish and dismissing our fans.

Nightwish is a way of life and a job with many obligations. To each other and to the fans. With you we can`t take care of those duties anymore.

Deep within we don`t know which one of you drove us to this point. Somehow Marcelo has changed you from the lovely girl you were into a diva, who doesn`t think or act the way she used to. You are too sure of your irreplaceableness and status.

It`s obvious that you blame your stress and misery on us four. And you think we don`t respect or listen to you. Belive us; We have always had the uppermost respect towards you as a wonderful vocalist and as a friend. And very often during the past couple of years the plans were made according to your decisions only. You were always the only one who wanted more money from the shows.
This ”compensation and more money from everything” –attitude is the fact that we are most disappointed of!

We wish that from now on you will listen to your heart instead of Marcelo. Cultural differences combined with greed, opportunism and love is a dangerous combination. Do not wither yourself.

This decision is not something we are especially proud of but you gave us no choice. The gap between us is too wide. And the decision is made by us four unanimously. We are beyond the point where things could be settled by talking.

All the best for your life and career,

Tuomas

Emppu Jukka Marco

this proves Tarja has been kicked out
Old 10-28-2005, 12:31 PM   #23
MetalFoxFire

where'd you find that message?
MetalFoxFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #24
PureVampire

Hey peoples. Sorry if i sound like an idiot im new to this site. BUt ya, nightwish is my favourite band. And i apologise if this comment is alittle off topic but, to comment on a earlier post. Moon dance and gothis sancutary are the best. (in my opinioin)

Oh if one of you could help me around the site and such i would be greatful. Thanks. -JCS-
PureVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:14 AM   #25
princenelson

I hear RAMMSTEIN are playing for free in London tomorrow - Virgin Megastore in Oxford Street at like midnight, think it for the release of their new album. Anyone know anything about it??? Or going?
princenelson is offline   Reply With Quote